PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused: Are there going to be NEW CORE PLASTICS for High Elves, or not?

EvilGenius1
09-08-2007, 02:22
Can anyone give me a straight answer on this? Is the battalion safe to buy?

09-08-2007, 02:36
no one can give a straight answer yet...however I would wager to say they will get a new core plastics as has been the history of the last armies to be released.

I think any HE is a safe buy...then again Im kinda biiased

Gorbad Ironclaw
09-08-2007, 08:24
Most rumours point to them not getting any new core plastic, well maybe silver helms, but no new archers or spearmen, at least in the initial release.

Bregalad
09-08-2007, 10:29
Here is a list of all HE releases in November, just scroll the attachment. No new Core Boxes. Sorry.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722283&postcount=6

MutantMaggot
09-08-2007, 11:09
Various unreliable rumours point towards new plastics for core with the 2nd wave of releases.

EvC
09-08-2007, 13:31
Most of the rumours seem to be based on, "Well, c'moooooon, they must do, surely?".

There supposedly is a plastic cavalry boxed set which will probably be the main "second wave" release. However it is not known if it'll make Silver Helms- my guess is that it'll have the parts for Reavers in it.

sulla
09-08-2007, 20:20
At the end of the day, it's always safe to buy miniatures if you like the look of them. If you don't like the look, or if you aren't gonna use them in your army, just hold off.

Darkspear
10-08-2007, 03:13
You must note that a large part of forum members simply like to speculate, they know nothing concrete.

Currently the only known solid rumor of plastics will be High Elven Lothern Seaguard, no spears, no archers and no Sliver Helms. I would advise you not to buy the plastic set unless you like the seaguard that much

theunwantedbeing
10-08-2007, 03:21
A large number being 99.99999999999999999% of us :P
The rest are just lying and have no actual proof.

As it stands it doesnt look like the HE will get new plastic core troops just yet,although in the second wave of stuff they might do.

Seeing as there are already a bunch of perfectly decent plastic core troops available to the HE player it seems unlikely that GW will re-do them just for the sake of having new models,seeing as they are likely to be re-doing most of the rest of the range.

winter has ended
10-08-2007, 15:18
so is it worth getting the current box set?

Khorghan
10-08-2007, 16:22
Im guessing there arnt going to be new core, but if you like the look of the core now who cares?

nymraif
11-08-2007, 01:36
the spearmans hands are.... huge.

I saw the new mounted mage model today, and its hands look real, so hopefully theyll redo em, though the archers are purdy

EvC
11-08-2007, 03:01
You must note that a large part of forum members simply like to speculate, they know nothing concrete.

Currently the only known solid rumor of plastics will be High Elven Lothern Seaguard, no spears, no archers and no Sliver Helms. I would advise you not to buy the plastic set unless you like the seaguard that much

Uhh, you've just demonstrated exactly what you're advising people not to do! Plastic Seaguard have not been rumoured at all by anyone so far, though there has been talk of metal Seaguard. Though I'd definitely agree that buying the plastic Spearmen set is not a good way to make Seaguard...