PDA

View Full Version : The return of Vortex Grenades!

MALICIOUS LOGIC
10-08-2007, 01:30
GW has created a Vortex Grenade template. You can see it on the "Sneak Peeks" images.

Anyone who's played since 2nd edition will remember this piece of wargear. It (was) extremely powerful. Then it was removed when 3rd edition came out. But GW has returned Mephiston to his former glory (relative to the game system). I wonder if we'll see Vortex Grenades make a comeback! :eyebrows:

~Logic

grickherder
10-08-2007, 03:05
And better yet, the vortex psychic power.

Grand Warlord
10-08-2007, 05:55
Ok, as someone post 3rd edition? can I get some info on how nasty these things are probably going to be?

WallWeasels
10-08-2007, 06:00
Well basically the Vortex will keep its properties of "if it touches, it dies" :P
Its less of "vortex grenades" than it is "The vortex grenade" I presume you will only get 1 :P

Vaktathi
10-08-2007, 06:02
according to the 2nd ed wargear book, basically if it touches a model, it dies. If its a vehicle, it was penetrated and took a huge amount of damage.

grickherder
10-08-2007, 08:08
Inquisitors in 2nd edition could get the Vortex psychic power. I think it was something like placing a small blast template in base to base and then it moved 2d6" in a direction of your choice. Anything it touched in that time instantly died with no saves or anything that would save them. It took a lot more doing to get that power off as the psychic system was a lot more involved, but when it did, it was, well, unstoppable.