PDA

View Full Version : What army to do next?

Iron Father
10-08-2007, 04:19
Sorry to do this, but im at a crossroads.

I am torn between 3 armies. I've gotten tired of my Iron Hands, and would like something different.

My choices are an all bike army, an all termie army, or a genestealer heavy army.

As it sits, my IH army is slow, and I feel I get out manuveored a lot, so I wanted something faster/better. Bikes are fast, Stealers are fast, and Termies drop in.

I would just like to hear from people to see what they think.

Sergeant Vaathan
10-08-2007, 04:23
I voted for the termi army just 'cause I love the new models and they kick ass.

MrPickles
10-08-2007, 04:29
White Scars, simply because they get the least attention out of the first founding legions.

vipernyc
10-08-2007, 04:30
Sorry, I had to vote iron hands because I'm reading Fulgrim right now and Ferrus Mannus is awesome!

seriously, though, white scars looks like a lot of fun :)

Chaplain Ark
10-08-2007, 05:30
i agree with mrpickles, and i've seen the ravenwing in action. They kicked my Eldar a**. i got totally outmanuevered, even with 2 falcons and a fire prism.

dybbukdude
10-08-2007, 05:45
lets look at pros and cons between leaders
genestealers
'nids
cheap cash wise hq choice who can infiltrate (what would win fire warriors or 11 genestealers and a broodlord in close combat)
tau players would hate you (if you could gete to them)
white scars/ravenwing
bikes look cool
thats reason enough.

Blackwolf
10-08-2007, 06:32
Owning all of the armies you mentioned I can say they are all good armies once you get the hang of them. I personally would go for the bugs as they are completly different than your other army, however my best suggestion is to do them all and have fun. I will give you a word of caution if you do the lysanders wing only use one heavy weapon per squad/use tactical marines instead of scouts for troops and you might want to hold off on the white scars list until the Space marine codex is redone. This way even if things change you should still be able to use your army.

Iron Father
10-08-2007, 14:06
i say white scars, but it would be a DIY chapter. And I agree with the your comments about the LYsanderwing. Im leaning towards nids, bc they have nice speed and nice killyness, just the rarity of the other 2 types are armies draws me in.

Ha7y
10-08-2007, 21:01
All very good Armies.

victorpofa
11-08-2007, 01:52
Do something different. Go with the bugs! :p

I just started a Guard army so I have something to paint besides marines (Working on Wolves and BA). Very different compared to marines. I'll have to get used to no armor saves :D

From Shadows
11-08-2007, 02:16
If you want something different and interesting I would go with Space Wolves 13th Company.You should really check them out.

logosloki
11-08-2007, 02:37
I voted Iron hands but I believe that you should start your courtship with chaos. prehaps iron warriors will suffice :p

Ktotwf
11-08-2007, 02:49
Let me just put Sisters of Battle out there.

natedogg710
11-08-2007, 03:24
I think you should play a non-MEQ army, which in your case would be 'nids. I think you become a much better player if you get used to playing a different style army than Marines/Chaos.

Just my 2 cents.

grickherder
11-08-2007, 03:34
I recommend the genestealers as well. Not so much because of the rules or how they play, but because of their background. I've always loved the genestealer cult idea and how genestealers are "activated" into uprising upon the approach of the hive fleet. After the genestealers have taken over and the hive mind has arrived, they can join up, toss the non pure-strains into the nutrient pools for recycling and go crush the last of the resistance or any enemies that have come to try to save the planet.

All the pure strains and the patriarch (brood lord) hook up with some hive nodes and then go to town! It's awesome.

Crowster
11-08-2007, 09:44
iron fist!!!

warboss48
11-08-2007, 22:03
Well, out of the choices you've given I would say the Ravenwing are the fastest. They are also a powerful army if the player knows what they are doing from what I've seen.

Hokiecow
12-08-2007, 02:36
None of the above. Do Dark Eldar!

Iron Father
12-08-2007, 03:03
None of the above. Do Dark Eldar!

I'd prefer to play an army that will get an update sometime before i die :D

Chaplain Ark
12-08-2007, 03:14
All very good Armies.

Well, that was helpful. Sorry I couldn't resist. But i would wait for the codex to be redone for SW. For me, again, I suggest the ravenwing. plus having an entire army on motorcycles reminds you of the old Kurt Russel movie, dam i can't remember, you know the one in the future and Kurt is like a highway king. I can't remember for the life of me.

Actually, that would be a very fun conversion. plop Catachan IG on the bikes, some different bitz and some green stuff. Oh god that sounds like fun.