PDA

View Full Version : Can a model use post-battle skills if it is taken out of action?

Shadowfax
10-08-2007, 07:37
For example, can a Medic or a Fixer use his skill if he is taken out of action during a game, but ultimately survives his roll on the injury table?

Thanks

Tomothy
10-08-2007, 08:47
For example, can a Medic or a Fixer use his skill if he is taken out of action during a game, but ultimately survives his roll on the injury table?

Thanks
As far as i know medic, inventor and chemist (if you're using experimental rules) can all be used. The only restriction is medic cannot be used on himself. Fixer cannot be used as the fighter cannot work a territory.

Fire Mountain
10-08-2007, 11:10
I would like to say that he can't use any of thoose either.
As I see it he's recovering during the post-battle sequence and therefore can't use any skills. I quote:

"The fighter has been knocked unconscious or suffers a
mildly incapacitating wound from which he makes a full
recovery."

This means that he is atleast injured in some way that would make it very troublesome to use his skills.

You could of course argue about WHEN he makes his full recovery. But as I see it, he's making his recovery while the other member of the gang are working territories etc.

Deltrax
10-08-2007, 20:03
<SNIP> doublepost

Deltrax
10-08-2007, 22:50
If the model's taken out of action, that means he's wounded and needs to recover. "full recovery" means that while the territories are being worked, he's on his bed trying to recuperate. Survived against the odds for example, he needs a while to find his way back to the gang, dodging any dangers.. therefor he can't use any post battle sequence skills. Fixer can't be used at all, as the ganger has to work a terrain. You can't invent things when you had to roll, and certainly when you have a head wound for example.. Full recovery + inventor or medic are in the gray area. Rambo did self-medicate ;)
Anyway, gray area's .. maybe something is in the FAQ about this?

Edit: Ah yes.. not a definitive answer, but close:

Q: Can my fighter use his Inventor or Medic skill and still collect income or go to the trading post with my leader?
A: After scouring the ORB the answer is: Yes, you may use inventor and/or medic and then collect income from a territory (if the fighter is a ganger) or accompany the leader to the trading post. These skills do not limit your post game sequence activities in their descriptions on ORB page 91. The only limiting factor is that a fighter that was taken out-of-action cannot collect income or go to the trading post. ORB page 92 states that fighter that went out-of-action if a game cannot collect income.
The fixer skill would need the ganger to collect income, which he may not do.. so that one's definately out.
<The Medic and Inventor skills> do not limit your post game sequence activities in their descriptions < which may including recovering >
Personal taste, I would say full recovery and survived would not limit these skills.

Tomothy
11-08-2007, 10:22
As a house rule i do make them a post-game action. Not allowing the user to either work a territory or visit the trading post if he uses one of the skills. Which in turn means he can only use one of the skills if he has more than one. Additionally injuries prevent them being used.

However, as Deltrax found, the official rules have no such restrictions.