PDA

View Full Version : Unliving Idol

Khorghan
10-08-2007, 18:35
I was playing with the idea of giving a Daemon prince unliving idol and using him as the general in my BoC army. I love the idea of beastmen - the scum of chaos worshipping this huge deamon that leads them into battle.
I was going to make the deamon a convert giant with balrog wings which i think would be very cool. I made up a short Pros and Cons list to help me decide

PRO
-the idea is cool
-id love to convert the deamon
-leadership 9 instead of the regular beast general leadership 8
(which i would use if i decided not to use the DP)

CON
-I can no longer use Ambush special rule:cries:
-i would have to cut up my army to fit him in because of the additional points cost.

So what do you think? Is Ambush to good to loose or do i really want the extra leadership in an army with poor leadership? Do you like the idea of the daemon leading the Beasts? What do you think of the giant with balrog wings, is it to big for a Deamon prince?

P.S i put this in the general discussion because it has to do with tactics aswell as modeling ideas, sorry if its in the wrong place.

theunwantedbeing
10-08-2007, 18:42
Ambush isnt nessecary for beasts at all.
The boost in leadership(rallying on a 10 when you have a musician and are near your general) is well worth it.

So long as the model you want to use fits on a 40mm bsae it doesnt really matter,although going beyond ogre sized tends to be a bit on the large size as your daemon prince isnt actually a large target.

Another pro for him is you now have a flying terror causer as your general who wont panic,and isnt a large target so can hide behind other units if he wants to(like furies).

You also get to use the guy while having a nice cheap large army.

Well worth doing,simply for any conversion idea's you may have for the daemon.

Be it a minotaur with wings or something a whole lot more complicated and interesting.

Khorghan
10-08-2007, 22:58
Thanks for the advice, its bitz order time!