PDA

View Full Version : Viable elf army

max the dog
11-08-2007, 04:32
I'm a bit new to the armies of this game so bear with me if I'm wrong; Are elven armies somewhat handicaped by not having any cavalry? I looked on GW's online store and could not find a single mounted elf who was not a character. I know that it's an important element to most armies but elves don't seem to have them yet. Are they handicaped by not having any elf cavalry.

I love the look of the elf armies and for no better reason than that I'm collecting an army list of them but I do worry about not having mounted troops.

Cal585
11-08-2007, 04:40
At the moment Elves can cope without cavalry. They have terrific archery and can usually take otu opponents cavalry anyway.

However, in the future, they will recieve Elven Chariots and Elven Knights (which I assume are mounted due to points cost). So nothing to worry about if you have a bit of patience.

max the dog
11-08-2007, 04:54
Sweet, thanks for the info.
From your reply I take it that all elf lists are pretty competitive, is that correct?

Cal585
11-08-2007, 05:42
Mostly I think. I don't personally have an Elf list, but from what I've heard, they are just as good as other lists. (sadly Numenoreans seem to lack a little). In recent times, I've heard mroe about Wood Elf Lists though, rather than High Elves.

Dspankdo
11-08-2007, 14:17
Hero heavy and warrior heavy and a mix of the 2 are all viable lists. I personnally prefer a couple of all round heroes(Primary: Elrond, glorfindel, the twins, galadriel Secondary: Arwen, elven captains, haldir even) Backed up by a solid core of archers and spearmen.

Shadowphrakt
11-08-2007, 20:29
i dont think that the elves realy need any cavalry. the twins on horseback can deal with just about anything, as can glorfindel. okay the cavalry models will be cool, but i dont think elves really need them. I fought an entire foot elven army with cavalry, and they beat the ***** out of me.