PDA

View Full Version : Characters Joining DOW

Kerill
11-08-2007, 03:55
Can they? Judging from the FAQ for the dark emissary (can join any unit) and the cursed company (the only DOW unit to specifically say they can't be joined by characters) it seems they can.

If this is the case, would characters with a US5 or more gain a look out sir roll from a unit of OK ogre mercenaries with a lookout gnoblar (e.g. a shaggoth champion).

ZomboCom
11-08-2007, 12:16
According to direwolf, no they can't, but there's nothing official one way or the other.

Play it safe and don't do it, or at least discuss it with your opponents.

Lord Zarkov
11-08-2007, 21:46
there is absolutly nothing official that says thay DOW characters cannot join units, therefore they can. (on Direwolf, where references are given it is useful so you can check in the books yourself, otherwise take it with a pinch of salt, sometimes it even directly contradicts the official word)

Can Shaggoth champions even join units? If so then they might get a LOS from the LOG, but it depends on it's exact wording (I don't have the OK book so can't check).

theunwantedbeing
11-08-2007, 22:26
Characters that are less than us5 get a look out sire roll if with a unit of 5 or more rank and file models.
ie,there are 5 or more models in that unit,not including any character's that may be part of the unit.

As for dogs of war units being joinable by characters.....I was always under the impression that you werent allowed to do that,but im not sure where this belief comes from.

I cant find any rule preventing you from joining a dogs of war unit though....