PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I didn't order anything from GW Direct services...

scrubout
11-08-2007, 06:09
This is awkward. It's too early for a birthday gift, I don't normally purchase things online in my sleep (Dear God I hope this isn't a wonderful new habit manifesting!). I almost feel this is a scam, but why? I clicked on the wonderful tracking link "GW Direct Services" supplied me with and it gives me the status of a package I received nearly a year ago from them.

Check this out (my email):

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with Games Workshop Direct Services!
We are happy to inform you that your order D921129 has shipped from
our facility in Memphis Tennessee on 08/10/2007 {today? :wtf:}. The tracking information is:

Carrier : UPS
Service Type : UPS GROUND
Tracking Number: 1ZR186240343767374

Check the status online by clicking (or copy and paste on your browser)
the following link:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&tracknums_displayed=5&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&loc=en_US&InquiryNumber1=1ZR186240343767374&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNu

The Date shipped represents the day that the parcel left our system and
received a tracking number.
This is an automated response,
If you have an inquiry please contact custserv@games-workshop.com or call
1-800-394-4263

Can anybody tell me what this is all about or share any similar experiences? I can shrug it off if I'm being a dweeb, but I'm really concerned that this isn't normal. Seems I'll be giving direct services a call tomorrow to straighten this out.

-scrubout

Iceheart2112
11-08-2007, 06:31
Wait, wait, wait. Are they actually sending it to you again or is it just an automated email that links you to a page saying you've already recieved a package. Cause if its the former...I'd let it slide. :-)

Bookwrak
11-08-2007, 06:35
If you originally received it almost a year ago, there might've been some sort of database glitch where your order wasn't properly cleared from the system, and either the concurrence of dates triggered the automatic e-mail, or else the order was brought up as not having been completed, and no one noticed it was a year out of date before sending it out.

scrubout
11-08-2007, 07:00
If you originally received it almost a year ago, there might've been some sort of database glitch where your order wasn't properly cleared from the system, and either the concurrence of dates triggered the automatic e-mail, or else the order was brought up as not having been completed, and no one noticed it was a year out of date before sending it out.

I imagine it is a bizarre glitch, I primarily posted on warseer regarding this because it's:

1) crazy wierd
2) curious if anybody has had this kind of situation occur

I'll update regarding my call to Direct Services tomorrow.

-scrubout

Neknoh
11-08-2007, 07:56
wait... don't call them, get the package, if they want you to pay, call them :p

Nah, a good idea might be to call them... unless you need the bitz/models that is

Bookwrak
11-08-2007, 08:09
Call them just to find out what's going on. If they sent you anything, the standard GW response is 'Oops, our bad. Keep it.'

They must have just done something with their computer systems, because you're not the only person I've heard of whose had this happen.

alphaecho
11-08-2007, 08:40
http://www.dakkadakka.com/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/7/postid/181054/view/topic/Default.aspx

You're not the only one. Two users on Dakka have stated that they have received the same type of message. One member stated Memphis had had a major system crash.

muskrat
11-08-2007, 22:19
:D

*crosses fingers and hopes that they mess up and resend the $400 order he placed last year*

c'mon GW! papa needs MORE chaos marines!

Lord Inquisitor
11-08-2007, 22:33
Yes, I got this too. I assumed it was some kind of spam or scam, but that looks like GW's email address and the UPS number is valid as far as I can tell.

Curious, eh?

Vic
11-08-2007, 23:17
Just give them a call.

And to the others:
I hope the next time you go get a pint or some fuel, someone forgets to give you your change (said in the same spirit as the other posts ;) )

Merceus
11-08-2007, 23:29
Wait... so did you actually order something last year and recieve it, and now your being told its being sent?

or

Have you not ordered anything of the sort, but now you are getting something sent to you?

if its the latter then yeah, just let it slide... but if its the former, await any goodies that may come your way (after giving DS a call)...

muskrat
12-08-2007, 00:13
Wow...I did get one..

Which..wow. If these really got sent out- that's $400 of Chaos coming my way... I'd feel bad.

(Though, I'd trade it for my change next time I get gas or beer... :))

And Merceus- order placed last year, confirmed and delivered. Year later, another confirmation email that it shipped.

Merceus
12-08-2007, 00:15
ah right... hmm... id only make a call if something actually got delivered...

muskrat
12-08-2007, 01:30
The tracking numbers given (meaning mine and everyone else who posted theirs) are all way out of date. Delivered 06.

computer snafu, sent us this stuff again.

Though I'm not gonna lie and say my fingers aren't secretly crossed.

Hokiecow
12-08-2007, 02:35
I got one myself, I doubt they will actually ship something. It would be raising flags all over the place.

Kulgur
12-08-2007, 04:03
Nobody clicked the tracking link?

Tracking Number: 1Z R18 624 03 4376 737 4

Type: Package
Delivered On: 10/13/2006
10:34 A.M.
Delivered To: SANTA ROSA, CA, US
Service: GROUND