PDA

View Full Version : Help A Noob: Librarian

Foxx5
12-08-2007, 02:43
I have a couple questions about Terminator Librarians:

1) I would like the extra close combat attack since Im using my Librarian in close combat. My Librarian has a force weapon in one hand, but what should i use in the other, any suggestions?

2) I see i can upgrade my Librarian witha familiar, which sounds good, but what is a familiar, I cant seem to find any models for this, what do i use to represent this thing?

3) Fury of the Ancients seems to be a good long range attack, but how thick is this straight line that represents the ravening beast of pellucide flame? a small character base? large character base? a pencil? please help me out :evilgrin:

TwistedDarkness
12-08-2007, 02:54
1. If he's in Terminator Armor, I believe for Loyalist Marines, the only option is to give him a power weapon for the extra attack.

2. The little imp Huron Blackheart gets would be a good idea. If you don't want to wait, you could just use an Inquisitorial skull-drone.

3. I believe it's just a straight line that affects any units in it's path. I don't think it has width.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
12-08-2007, 03:22
I have a couple questions about Terminator Librarians:

1) I would like the extra close combat attack since Im using my Librarian in close combat. My Librarian has a force weapon in one hand, but what should i use in the other, any suggestions?
which Codex are you using?

if C:SM, your 4 choices for a Termi Librarian to get the +1A (without ditching the FW by GaP/perceived RaI) are:
- Thunder Hammer: very expensive, very powerful but slow attack when needed, very good against Vehicles
- Chain Fist: very expensive, powerful but slow attack when needed, very good against Vehicles
- Power Fist: expensive, powerful but slow attack when needed, good against Vehicles
- Power Weapon: cheapest way of getting +1A, but no other benefits

if you want to lose the Force Weapon you have already paid for (in the base cost of the model), in most people's eyes (IMO), then theres the twin Lightning Claws. these are expensive, have no extra rules against Vehicles, but are better against 1W models than the FW.

2) I see i can upgrade my Librarian witha familiar, which sounds good, but what is a familiar, I cant seem to find any models for this, what do i use to represent this thing?
a Servo Skull, a cherub, or something else. take a look at this (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/spacemarines/painting/familiars/default.htm).

although its worth noting you cant take one for a Terminator Librarian (no "T" next to them).

3) Fury of the Ancients seems to be a good long range attack, but how thick is this straight line that represents the ravening beast of pellucide flame? a small character base? large character base? a pencil? please help me out :evilgrin:
its just a line between 2 points - it has no thickness. if a model is directly between the point it is drawn from (on the Libby's base) to the point it is drawn to (on the chosen table edge) then they will be touched by it - otherwise they wont.

hope that helps :)

~ Tim