PDA

View Full Version : Colour Scheme for Hot Elves...

Hvidponi
12-08-2007, 03:38
I am making... planning to make anyways... a High Elf alle female army... I am using all kinds of minis, and will probably use alot of dark elves and wood elves...
I am not sure what kind of colour scheme I want to use, so I posted a poll to try and get some help... New sugestions are welcome, just press other and explain...

White w/ Pink and Purple > I am thinking an clean white as main, frammed with some purple and some pink...

White w/ Green > I'll have to be carefull with the green, as I will be using some wood elves models, and I don't want it to look like I am just using wood elves as stand inns... Again white main frammed with a light green... Maybe even brozen instead of iron but that is debatable...

Purple/Blue Moon Theme > Dangers of looking to much like dark elves, but if I use enough of light blue and white as main, it could be a cool theme...

"Classic" White w/Blue and Gold > You know it.. White with blue edges and some gold...

White w/ Red > White as main, frammed in with red... also gonna use some gold for this one I guess...

So shoot away...

DarkAngel74
12-08-2007, 08:57
......... naked?

Highborn
14-08-2007, 04:12
I believe green is the colour primarily used by Avelorn ... and it looks good to boot. I don't particularly see any of the others being as good - too striking, or too plain, for the most part. Would be an interesting army too see when it's together - I'm picturing a Maidenguard-centric force. They were quite nice models.

Lavieth
14-08-2007, 04:40
well I also imagine an army of avelorn. As it stands my maiden guard are green and a beige color. Which looks fantastic!

So I woudl suggest going green and white, using vines or different colored flowers painted on eh white as details. ie characters or unit champs.

Lotho
14-08-2007, 07:07
I've seen some shadow warriors, white and black and of course silver. I'm interested what a white and black army wide color scheme would be like, they sort of cancel each other out however could be quite nice.

Twisted Ferret
14-08-2007, 07:39
......... naked?
QFMFT ‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hvidponi
14-08-2007, 10:17
Black n White sounds intressetring... I will consider it... The whole Avelone, is there alot of green in that? I can picture the flowers growing up peoples cloaks...

Khorghan
15-08-2007, 02:48
Id go with the classic white and blue

brendino
18-08-2007, 07:25
i agree with avelorn, flowers and vines would be cool, mabye include a hot converted everqueen model

piotrov
18-08-2007, 07:37
Also agreed on classic Avelorn scheme - mostly white with green and gold. Would be a distinctly unique, yet fluff-conscious, army to see on the field.

Alathir
19-08-2007, 15:01
Black (or a dark navy), white and grey would be great I think.

jacko3123
21-08-2007, 16:41
purple and black would be the coulrs i would chose with some sliver to like shadow warriors that would be sweet oh and what kind of army are u going shootay or combat or both

khorne666
21-08-2007, 17:44
Ever thought of doing a sort of slaaneshi based theme? The daemonette models (not arms obviously) would be quite good with just purple framed white.

theunwantedbeing
21-08-2007, 20:46
If its an all female army clearly the only colour you can choose is pink :P