PDA

View Full Version : Artists of Warseer

salty
24-08-2005, 16:59
Greetings artists of Warseer! Hopefully this won't get counted as spam...

Basically, we (Auzu, Anarchistica, Malika, Warlord Grubnatz, myself and others) are creating rules and background for a wargame devised by Auzu (www.cwc-uprising.co.uk).

Right now, what we really need are a few more artists to help with concept designs for our aliens and some of the human armies. The main aliens are sort of a mix of Bugs from Starship Troopers and Tyranids, but we don't want a carbon copy of either of these.

Can anyone help us out?

Salty :)

IceFire
24-08-2005, 17:29
quick note, that link doesnt work as the ")" somehow got included in it.
The project sounds interesting, ive never draw a bug monster/alien thingy before, but i reckon i can draw humans pretty well. Ill see what i can do (no promises though my work is exhausting and uni starts soonish :P )
how would we show you our pics? post them in this link or on you site?

salty
24-08-2005, 17:44
You can post them on the site's message board in the background forum, or on here as a link, either way is good. A working site link: www.cwc-uprising.co.uk

Artemis_Quinn
25-08-2005, 06:03
my thoughts about some of the race you speak of.... just tell me, hot, cold whatever to let me know if and how they could be better to fit the vision.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/necron_lizardmen/Scan054.jpg

salty
25-08-2005, 07:35
I like that Kriegerdrohne, but I am not sure about the others. Make them look a little bit more "Tyranid-y" as right now they just look like domestic insects with claws. One feature I would like to push is give them mandibles, a la Predator in the movies of the same name, if anyone can pull that off.

Kriegerdrohnes should look like a mix of Starship Trooper arachnids and Gaunts, so with a bit of work, you've hit the nail on the head.

StugMeister
25-08-2005, 10:19
interesting, I'll look at your site and see. You after any AFV sketches at all?

salty
25-08-2005, 17:23
Erm, I am going to sound like a complete prat here, but... AFV sketches?

Rabid Bunny 666
25-08-2005, 21:22
cool, i need to get back into drawing, been a lull of doodling, count me in!

StugMeister
25-08-2005, 22:16
Erm, I am going to sound like a complete prat here, but... AFV sketches?

Armoured Fighting Vehicles - Tanks, APCs, AFVs, MICVs, SPGs, Armoured Cars etc. ;)

Rabid Bunny 666
25-08-2005, 22:36
did some work on the bugs, i'll scan tomorrow, kinda ant like :(

malika
25-08-2005, 23:52
ant like stuff is good...Ameise means 'ant' in german anyways

salty
26-08-2005, 14:07
Armoured Fighting Vehicles, right, lol. I general think in terms of APC, Aircraft, Naval and AV (Armoured Vehicle).

Rabid Bunny 666
26-08-2005, 14:41
cool, no real detail on them yet, but i should be able to get pics up tonight if the scanner/memory stick work

Pillx
04-09-2005, 12:12
I'll see if I can form up some thumbs at some point. No promises. I've been needing to get a website with my portfolio up and rolling for a while now and it's gotten pretty pressing as of late.... -_-+;

StugMeister
04-09-2005, 12:17
@Pillx; Have you tried posting some artwork up on DeviantArt? Could just be a temporary measure before you do your own site?

Pillx
04-09-2005, 12:48
The page: www.cwc-uprising.co.uk , doesn't seem to be indexing properly (not lined up) just FYI....

Pillx
04-09-2005, 12:50
I haven't given it much thought but I think I need to put up some animation too, which might get a little tricky. I'm also not exactly well versed in html...

@Pillx; Have you tried posting some artwork up on DeviantArt? Could just be a temporary measure before you do your own site?

cpl_hicks
04-09-2005, 17:43
The page: www.cwc-uprising.co.uk , doesn't seem to be indexing properly (not lined up) just FYI....

hi im the webmaster of the cwc-uprising webpage, just wondering if you could explain in more detail what is wrong with the page, ive just changed the page from the old version to the new version so there are some minor problems, buyt these can only be fixed if i am given details on what is exactly wrong

Pillx
04-09-2005, 23:45
The menu bar is jumbling with some other text and some are not active (not sure if it's by design -ie: they haven't been implemented yet)

I'll try to take a screenshot...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/Pillx/Game_Page_Indexing.gif

cpl_hicks
05-09-2005, 15:38
um, ive had some people say the same thing it must be the browsers that are being used, the site was tested on most normal resalutions and browsers, but obviously its not working right, ill have to check the stats to see what system stas are that could be causing the problem

thanks for pointing it out

right ive done some testing and the problem seems really strange, ive tested in

IE 6.0
Firefox 1.0
Opera 7.11
Netscape 7.1

the main problem seems to be with low screen resolutions on the Netscape and Firefox browsers, the home, news and Planets top links dont seem to either work or the actual hyperlink is actually appearing, just below the text of the actual link
Opera also seemed to have a bit of a problem loading the css files, but that only happened once so i dont think that is a major concern

from my tests i cannot see why it is causing these errors, it works fine on my pc on the four browsers above and also several differant screen resolutions as well

im stumped

salty
05-09-2005, 15:53
Yeah, there have been a few other mentions of that. It hasn't done it for me though, so perhaps it is only at certain resolutions. I'm sure Hicks can fix it if its not ;)

As for people not being sure if they can do anything, thats fine, you don't need to commit to sending us anything, it was just a general plea for more good artists (since only three of us have been able to draw anything for the game so far, and I am a sucky artist).

warlordgrubnatz
05-09-2005, 16:27
It did it for me twice, but now its okay.
btw im the cwc promotions officer- i should be posting stuff like this but i guess im lax in my duities :(

Pillx
05-09-2005, 21:41
I'm using IE v6... I also run at about 1040 resolution with high color... :/

Ok. I was screwing around with the window size just now and it seems that certain sections of text are aligning to the size of the window while others are not. You'll need to adjust the tags in the html so that they all either adjust or lock. Sorry I don't really know the technical term for it...

...is a more elaborate description available on the Pirscher? Are they thin in build? Do they have feathers? Clawed hands? What's their skin like? Anything noteable about their helmets? blah blah?

cpl_hicks
06-09-2005, 00:27
i dont know about the rest of the team but i see the pischer as quite tall (the same size a space marine is to a normal human), thin much like the Luminoth from the two new metroid games

Luminoth image (http://gametroid.ifrance.com/luminoth%2002.jpg)

while the masks i think would look alot like the masks of the bionicles

bionicles imege (http://www.wildlandfire.com/pics/other/bionicles.jpg)

with them scavaging weapons they would have a mix of the human type weapons and also some of the weapons that have not been designed yet

Pillx
06-09-2005, 01:07
well... in what way are they avian in feature?

Pillx
06-09-2005, 23:13
Ok. So I did a first pass with what info I got.
I have no idea if they're naked or what not. I left out genetalia (SP?) figuring if they're like birds, they kind of fold away anyways. Let me know if they're clothed and I'll give it another go. The hands and feet, I'm still up in the air about -I'd like to make them more alien in configuration. As a side note, there's a small barb at each elbow.

...oh yeah. I also roughed out a head under the helmet somewhere. I gave them 2 sets of eyes -one set pointing forward that is excellent for seeing at a distanec, and one set that points to the sides which are better for short distances. Figured the forward pointing set are often closed and these guys turn their heads about using the side pointing eyes like most birds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/IronChicken/PidgeonMan01a.jpg

salty
22-09-2005, 22:19
Well, PillX, thats just bloody amazing! :eek:

I dont know much about Pirscher (which is shameful I know, since I am joint Head of Background Development) as they were created by Malika. What I do know is... thats picture rocks!

malika
22-09-2005, 22:58
Well...I havent really thought up anything for the Pirscher's looks yet...but that piece of art is simply amazing, just add stuff like belts and all sorts of little goodies (like the Kroot Mercenaries have) and we're there!