PDA

View Full Version : 40k rules using fantasy armies?

DivingPhoenix
12-08-2007, 09:14
Is it possible to do this while still keeping the game balanced, specifically if I am playing a vampire counts or dark elf army.

Bookwrak
12-08-2007, 09:20
Not really sure. How do you accommodate magic and dispels. Marching, charging, flanking, and everything else is going to be changed. I suppose you no longer need to worry about keeping ranked, since you get no bonuses from it, nor do you worry about being charged from the rear of sides.

kane40k
12-08-2007, 09:28
well personaly id use spells as psychic powers, and just use the profiles basicly, a but of common sense helps.

the unualy high ws's and bits compensate for the armour on sum characters, altough it maybe a bit unbalanced, but just use common sence realy, lol, ive done it before and it was a laugh.

Davachido
12-08-2007, 09:33
Probably not, fantasy armies would be ripped to shreds.
Fantasy: no AP weapons, weaker stat lines, weaker saves. In fantasy str plays a huge role in reducing saves whereas saves get negated depending on the weapon in 40k so stuff like normal bolters could pretty much kill anything in a fantasy army.

Although I could see you using the models from fantasy for some fun converted armies, dark elves = dark eldar. VC could be a bit harder but you can say they are an inquistor lead IG army. The inquistor found ancient tombs that he though belonged to chaos but in actual fact they were ancient books of necromany and by using them he doomed his force to feed off of the flesh of the living for the rest of their misrable exsistance and now they fight just to feed. Thus you use converted zombies and skeletons with bolters etc and you use the VC as the undead inquistor :evilgrin: