PDA

View Full Version : Minotaurs

Revamp
12-08-2007, 14:35
I'm not that fond of the new Minotaur models and they cost a vast sum. Considering that I am planning on starting a Mino themed BoC army this is quite a problem! Any suggestions for alternatives?

Varath- Lord Impaler
12-08-2007, 14:45
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99061101015&orignav=300808

coolest...minotaur....ever...!

dalakh
12-08-2007, 15:11
Nice model indeed! Don't think it will fit nicely when you line it up with the rest of the Warhammer minotaurs though :D
At the moment, the minotaur models do costs alot :cries: Let's just hope GW will make some plastic box set like they did with the Rat Ogres :angel:

theunwantedbeing
12-08-2007, 15:16
Any 40mm based troops work as minotaurs.
You just have to let your opponent know what they are and what their equiptment is if it isnt apparent on the models.

You can use any plstic box set,ie ogres or rat ogres.
It depends on what sort of look your going for with your army.

Neknoh
12-08-2007, 15:22
Seen wonderful conversions done with both Rat Ogres and Ogre packs where the heads were swapped for those of Boars

sigur
12-08-2007, 16:39
Any 40mm based troops work as minotaurs.
You just have to let your opponent know what they are and what their equiptment is if it isnt apparent on the models.

You can use any plstic box set,ie ogres or rat ogres.
It depends on what sort of look your going for with your army.

Unless you're playing in any enviroment that favors WYSIWYG. Anyway, if you play anywhere else but with friends, I strongly suggest not to use any Ogre or Troll miniautures as Minotaurs counts-as.

theunwantedbeing
12-08-2007, 17:04
Any plastic box set converted to look like minotaurs are a perfect way of creating an all minotaur army more cheaply.
Plus your army loks more original and wont be made of the same 3 or 4 models with the same pose just painted differently.

As for sigur.....well the people you play with sound like no fun at all,do these people let you play using models painted differently from on the box?Or do that hate that as well?

"those guys are blue....they should be red,they dont look like khorne models at all,go away we dont want to play with you"

As thats the imrpession Im getting about the people you are reffering to.

logan054
12-08-2007, 18:11
I think the mordheim one looks pretty cool, i guess it depends if you want to stay with GW as well, i know Rackham had some nice models along with heresy miniatures

Revamp
12-08-2007, 18:46
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99061101015&orignav=300808

coolest...minotaur....ever...!

Wow!!

I think that I just found my Doom Bull! :D

As for the rest well I am actually pretty tempted to make an army out of that single model but it may look a little limited. Instead I shall probably go for Ironguts with boar heads, as suggested. I saw some pics of that and it looked superb.

And more ideas are welcome though!

Killshot
12-08-2007, 19:13
Are you looking for GW models or will any manufacturer do?

OK Iron Guts with boar or wolf heads will do.

Bob Olley has some very nice minotaurs:
http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/monstersstore.html

Khorghan
12-08-2007, 21:39
http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_familles.cfm?type=normal&num=50&code_lg=lg_us

I think this model would do better for a doombull, its not GW but when i saw it i wanted to start a minotaur army myself.

Khorghan
12-08-2007, 21:49
OK Iron Guts with boar or wolf heads will do.

Yep thatll do although you should use some green stuff to connect the head to the body and maybe sculpt some horns. Tuskgor heads will also work as they already have horns.

Revamp
13-08-2007, 03:59
I really liked one of the Olley's Armies minos but it was sold out! Not so keen on the Rackham one but that may just be the paintscheme. Thanks for the advice Khorgan!

Sleazy
13-08-2007, 08:46
I like the Heresy one best

logan054
13-08-2007, 19:18
Yeah i think the problem is far to many models make good doombulls rather than just minotaurs, another option i considered was that do they really have to minotaurs? the wulfen made by Rackham would make a cool werewolf (minotaur army). Im not a great fan of the pig headed minotaurs myself, just looks rather silly to me. you could see how much it is to mail order just minotaur heads from any of the companies mentioned and then use iron guts.

theunwantedbeing
13-08-2007, 19:40
A minotaur is just a larger version of a beastman really....you could argue its supposed to be a half man half bull but its created by chaos.
No reason it cant be a half man half something else.

ie. half man,half giant space hamster

the1stpip
13-08-2007, 21:15
For my Doombull, I shall be using the classic Keeper of Secrets and a little converting...