PDA

View Full Version : 1000points of tzzench! (Mortals)

Nathangonmad
12-08-2007, 23:27
Heroes
Aspiring Champion
Hero of Tzeentch
Shield
Spell Familiar
-167points

20 Warriors of Chaos
Full Command
Shields
Regiment of Tzeentch

20 Warriors of Chaos
Full Command
Shields
Regiment of Tzeentch

20 Marauders of Chaos<Leader goes here.
Full Command
Frails
-145points

logan054
12-08-2007, 23:51
Well dude im gona be blunt, its just not gona do well, its to slow, what you should look it doing is

a) dropping a unit if warriors
b) taking 2 exalted champions, they cost 20pts more and you get so much more for so little
c) getting some knights
d) add in some flyers, be they furies or screamers
e) get some chariots
f) if you keep a single unit of warriors the most you need 15 and extra hand weapons are needed.

Khorghan
13-08-2007, 00:21
Yeah, id drop a unit of chaos warriors and maybe try to fit in some chaos knights. Screamers chariots and an extra champion will be pretty expensive, i wouldent go for the champion but Screamers/Furys or 2 chariots would be good ( chariots work best in doubles)

theunwantedbeing
13-08-2007, 00:22
Oh my....thats a rather interesting army.
Well,uninteresting really.

3 block units,thats it really....your also over by 12pts
A 1k army in my book is an army that is anything upto 1000points,not a point over but can be several under.

Anywho....You'll want to ditch one of those warrior units.
Upgrade to an exaulted champion,possibly give him a barded steed as well(well worth having a 1+ armour save) ditch the spell familiar.

Some furies would be worth having,as would a couple of tzeentch spawn.
The furies will just annoy/kill an opposing war machine(or at least get in its way for a few turns).
The spawn are plenty capable of keeping up with your army plus they breathe fire ,always a fun deterrant for the enemy ^_^

Any remaining points can be spent erm.....dunno tbh,your choice really.

The main problem is the 3 block units,you are going to have trouble with anyone who has anything more manoverable than you(so most people).
Dropping one of the big expensive blocks for a few small things is going to be a lot more helpful as you can then make better use by being able to choose your targets for combat.

Nathangonmad
13-08-2007, 09:30
Right so something like this?

Heroes
Exalted Champion
Hero of Tzeentch
Shield
Barded Chaos Steed
Biting Blade
-198points

7 Knights of Chaos
Full Command
Regiment of Tzeentch
-301points

20 Warriors of Chaos
Full Command
Shields
Regiment of Tzeentch

20 Marauders of Chaos
Full Command
Frails
-145points

logan054
13-08-2007, 18:12
Heroes
Exalted Champion
Hero of Tzeentch
Shield
Barded Chaos Steed
Biting Blade
-198points

- Sword of might is far better here, you could try and stretch to a enchanted shield as well.

7 Knights of Chaos
Full Command
Regiment of Tzeentch
-301points

- How about 5 chosen knights, thats 11 attacks with a smaller frontage and better save

20 Warriors of Chaos
Full Command
Shields
Regiment of Tzeentch

- how about 15 with warbanner atleast, extra hand weapons are still far better than shields for non chosen/khorne warriors as you can actually generate enough kills to win combats.

20 Marauders of Chaos
Full Command
Frails
-145points
- Personally i would put my exalted here and give them HW+SH, i personally find great weapons far more effective than flails.

get some furies

bluebugs
13-08-2007, 20:00
When it comes to elite units like warriors you want to go MSU (multiple small units) as warriors are better at killing, than wasting points on another rank or 2. a lot of poeple give you suggestions on taking faster units, but if you want to march it, march it. I would suggest making your warrior units smaller 12 maybe and giving them weapons that will increase either the amount of attacks, of make them better. Just shields is only useful for chosen and you shouldn't even consider that in a 1K. As far as fasties I would consider screamers and/or war hounds. but when people tell you to change and get chariots, knights, furies, ect. they are basically re-writing the army to how they play not yourself.

So in conclusion maybe 3 small blocks of warriors, the same marauder unit(flails, not frails) with the asp. champ and if any is left over some type of fast unit that suites you best.

Khorghan
13-08-2007, 20:07
5 chosen knights are definatly better than 7 regulars. cut down the amount of warriors and maybe add a spawn, make the warriors non chosen maybe?

Nathangonmad
14-08-2007, 12:48
So I look at what you said and I came up with this list.

Heroes
Exalted Champion
Hero of Tzeentch
Shield
Barded Chaos Steed
Sword of Might
-188points

Core
5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
Full Command
Regiment of Tzeentch
-295points

20 Warriors of Chaos
Full Command
Shields
Regiment of Tzeentch

Special
3 Screamers of Tzeentch
-99points

Rare
Spawn of Chaos
Firewyrm of Tzeentch
-75points

W0lf
14-08-2007, 15:16
My take:

Heroes - 310 pts
Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch
Shield, Barded Chaos Steed
148points

Aspiring Champion of Tzeentch
Shield, Biting Blade
162 pts

Core - 614 pts
5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
Standard Bearer, musician, Regiment of Tzeentch
275points

14 Chosen Warriors of Chaos
Full Command, Shields, Regiment of Tzeentch

Special - 75 pts
5 Chaos Furies
75 pts

999 pts

8 PD
4 DD

(instead of the 6/3 you have above)

Add a hero to each unit and bam.

Obviously the first thing to do when expanind this list is to remove the biting blade for a sword of might/stiriking and make both the aspiring champions exalteds.

Khorghan
14-08-2007, 15:38
The last 2 lists i think look good.