PDA

View Full Version : A possible conversion idea I just had

Yarick Zan
13-08-2007, 06:46
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this, if not please move. Anyways While I was going through a thread on epic, and someone mentioned the warlord battle titan.

Well I go through lexicanum to refresh my memory about titans and then BAM this idea hits me. See I am making a fresh army that is going to be based off of newly traitorous space marines. Dreadnaught (sp?) included. See where I am going with this yet? If not then well I want to take an epic scale warlord battle titan and turn it into the dread for my traitor chapter.

Picture for reference: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warlord_Battle_Titan

Input please?

grickherder
13-08-2007, 08:00
There's no reason this wouldn't work. The weapon loadouts might be a bit strange, but I think you'd be covered for a good portion of your possible variants.

You talk about Renegades-- using a space marine list because they're newly rebellious or the chaos list?

Yarick Zan
13-08-2007, 08:50
When I say renegades I mean this.

A chapter that has recently fallen from the light of the Emperor to the darkness of chaos. Equipped still with their storm bolters and other goodies. Gradually as the taint of chaos is further embraced and the wear and tear of war out strip the ability of the chapter to keep up with it, items such as storm bolters and assault cannons will be phased out. The army will be almost constantly evolving. After X battles the storm bolters will not be found on my terminators any more, and they will instead have twin linked bolters. Any assault cannon I would have will be phased out after the first battle.

This adds a bit of taste to my army for those that play against it. It would also show the passage of time and how it effects these fallen warriors.

Yes at first I will base it more around the space marines lists. Squads that have a cap at 10 or so, no allies like thousand sons, death guard, noise marines, or bezerkers. Then gradually I will use these units. The look of my models themselves will change. A trophy after a battle here, the addition of a symbol there. It will be subtle yet beautiful.

The space marines themselves will gradually turn into the chaos marines themselves. I will start with regular space marines, but then move on to the chaos marines as time goes by, to show the taint as it grows within them and without. A sort of dynamic army.

Then the corruption and wear and tear of war will be complete, and they will be perfectly adhearant to the new chaos codex. This is my vision.

Slaaaaaanesh
13-08-2007, 13:04
That sound like a really cool idea. I would love to see how the army evolves, do you have a timescale i.e. over a number of months and will you take pictures of each step?

The Assault marines would slowly evolve into raptors, a few terminators could become obsesed with firepower and discover the Oblitorator cults.
Your Dreadnought could be really badly damaged half way through and miss a couple of games, only to reappear as a Defiler made from parts from a 'chaos vs chaos' battle!

To further emphasize the change you could begin with a lighter coloured power armoured troops. That way the desicration of the honour badges, cracking armour and chaotic symbols can become more apparent when your renegade army finally decend into darkness!

ArtificerArmour
13-08-2007, 20:39
I always thought dressing up in tin foil and pretending to be an emperor class titan would be fun...

Greatoliver
13-08-2007, 20:45
I always thought dressing up in tin foil and pretending to be an emperor class titan would be fun...

Damn! No tin foil! :mad:

BTT: It would probably be best to do this kind of thing in a campaign because the games run on from each other and you could introduce a storyline. However, it would work with stand alone games as well.

I think it would be a cool army.

Yarick Zan
14-08-2007, 05:50
Well I was going to try to organize a campaign at my local store some time too. Might be a good thing to bust out then.

Tehkonrad
14-08-2007, 08:39
sounds wicked sick ...do project log NOW!!!
only if you want to of course...

Arcanus
14-08-2007, 10:13
Sounds interesting, take pictures.

Son of Makuta
14-08-2007, 21:07
Man, that is one very very cool idea. Go man! :D

Partisan Rimmo
14-08-2007, 22:29
Funny, I somehow scrolled past the first few posts and thought you were all asking for a project log on covering yourself in tin foil.

Never the less! Both are very very cool ideas! I love how old school it will make your dread look. A tribute back to RT days.:)

Yarick Zan
15-08-2007, 03:07
Yea well my problem right now is I have no job, I live at home with my parents, and have no money right now. On top of that Bioshock is coming out and my xbox 360 needs to be repaired.

Arcanus
15-08-2007, 03:15
Drop your Xbox 360 . I read an article in Times and they pretty much said plain and simple that people who pay to have their 360's repaired are stupid. I just threw mine out mine when I got to RRoD and bought a PS3 but, then again I have a job and can afford it. Also, that'd free you up to make the army. I really want to see pictures.

templar1013
15-08-2007, 03:35
Now this is up to you, but I think that a nurgle army would be best. This way the marines could slowly turn filthy and grimy and as they descend start sprouting little growths and such. Be sure to have fun with the bases, they can do a lot to a model. Your Space marine Captain could perhaps slowly evolve into a demon prince.
Seems like a fun idea.