5 mounted daemonettes

Special/355
10 coldone knights
full command
mark of slaanesh

Rare/200
2 reaper boltthrowers

total is 1999
what do yo think? any thing i should change?

THANX FOR THE HELP

daGreatMaw
17-08-2007, 01:34
im not entirely sure of the CoS rules, and my point may be entirely moot, but if cold one mount for ur druchii anointed is cheaper then the steed of slaanesh you shud go with the cold one -cold one is tougher, cheaper(i think), and the steed of slaanesh is going to be slowed down by the cold one unit so the 10in movement is sort of wasted

Zoolander
17-08-2007, 16:00
I use the Steed of Slaanesh all the time, but I use the Anointed as a solo character (very risky). If you field him in the knights, drop the steed and take a cold one instead.

Also, the Draich is a waste on a mounted character. You only get +1 ST with it, and prevents him from using that shield. A better combo is the Gauntlet of Power - ST 8, no saves, the Enchanted Shield, Quickening Blood (overrides the Gauntlet's striek last rule).

You may want to check the rules on him though. Daemons and Chaos characeters can't join elf ones and vice-versa. Make sure he's not counted as either of those. I don't recall off hand myself.

athamas
17-08-2007, 16:45
I use the Steed of Slaanesh all the time, but I use the Anointed as a solo character (very risky). If you field him in the knights, drop the steed and take a cold one instead.

Also, the Draich is a waste on a mounted character. You only get +1 ST with it, and prevents him from using that shield. A better combo is the Gauntlet of Power - ST 8, no saves, the Enchanted Shield, Quickening Blood (overrides the Gauntlet's striek last rule).

You may want to check the rules on him though. Daemons and Chaos characeters can't join elf ones and vice-versa. Make sure he's not counted as either of those. I don't recall off hand myself.

Draich is +2S.. its not a great weapon...

gauntel of power has its rules lost in the ages of time, and thus some people will not play aginast them...

characters on demonic cavalry can join both mortal and demonic units... he is an elf so can join either... [though not mortal chaos]

zak
17-08-2007, 20:46
You may want to think about giving the spearelves the mark of Slaanesh. They then become a very good unit and 100% reliable

giner
17-08-2007, 22:20
Whatever anyone says don't change your anointed's mount to a cold one if you change it then use a chaos steed. He already causes fear, the cold one is more expensive, the cold one is stupid and the chaos steed hits just as hard and is just as fast.

Zoolander
17-08-2007, 22:21
Draich is +2S.. its not a great weapon...

gauntel of power has its rules lost in the ages of time, and thus some people will not play aginast them...

characters on demonic cavalry can join both mortal and demonic units... he is an elf so can join either... [though not mortal chaos]

Read the Draich again. It's a great weapon and uses both hands and only gives +1 ST when mounted. Pg. 86 Storm of Chaos. A draich is what Dark Elf Executioners use.

I, personally, don't build my lists on the premise that "some" people may not like one of my magic items, but if that bothers you so much, use a Sword of Might.

When figuring whether a character can join a unit or not, the rule is based off the rider's affliliation, not his mount's. Anionted is considered a Dark Elf for all purposes. So he can ride a daemonic mount if he desires, but he still can't join a daemonic unit. He may only join Dark Elf units. Pg 86, Storm of Chaos.

athamas
17-08-2007, 22:50
Read the Draich again. It's a great weapon and uses both hands and only gives +1 ST when mounted. Pg. 86 Storm of Chaos. A draich is what Dark Elf Executioners use.

I, personally, don't build my lists on the premise that "some" people may not like one of my magic items, but if that bothers you so much, use a Sword of Might.

When figuring whether a character can join a unit or not, the rule is based off the rider's affliliation, not his mount's. Anionted is considered a Dark Elf for all purposes. So he can ride a daemonic mount if he desires, but he still can't join a daemonic unit. He may only join Dark Elf units. Pg 86, Storm of Chaos.

ok, go here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/cultofslaanesh/assets/slaanesh-cult-armylist.pdf) and actually read the description of the draich of dark power.. .yes it uses two hands, as does a halberd.. but the weapon grants +2 strength.. it is not a great weapon... it is a 2 handed magical sword that grants +2 strength and killing blow... no where does it say 'great weapon', i know a draich is what an Executioner uses... still does not make the draich of dark power a great weapon... it could be called the pink flamingo of minor anoyance and still have th esame effect...

as to the anointed joining units i was going off the HoC book where a mortal on a demonic mount can join deamons,

now as there are no rules present for the steed of slaanesh on that link [which is as official as the SoC book!] and the steed follows al the rules laid out in HoC, then buy its rules [which state who can join what], the anointed could, if riding a steed of slaanesh, join a demonic unit...

because i have to use the rules for the Steed of slaanesh from the HoC book as they do not exist in the CoS army list on the GW site...

popisdead
23-08-2007, 22:34
I don't know what the Draich of Power does, but I'd suggest a lance or the Albion Gauntlet. One is practical, the other is going for the gusto.

w/ 5 S7 or 5 S8 attacks you dont' have to bulk up on much for armour. his 2+/5+ should suffice. there are times people will throw Magical attacks but meh.

Drop the NOble w/ chaos armour. Kinda useless.

Where are your druchii annointed? You MUST take a unit of them. take 14 w/ a musician and standard (maybe warbanner).

10 cold one nights is a waste, just take 6.

what do yo think? any thing i should change?

Lots but just play more to see what. The list will get you lots of frowns too as it's either broken both ways. there are two really amazing things and then just crap with a bit of mediocre thrown in. If you don't own the army yet I'd suggest avoiding it.