PDA

View Full Version : Land Speeder + Attack Bike Query.

Shadow-BOT
14-08-2007, 04:32
I am starting my ravenwing army, and was just wondering, would it be best go give my attack bikes Multi Meltas, or my land speeders?

I have the armament for both.

Right now I have 2 attack bikes, with either a Heavy Bolter, or a MM each.
And 2 Land Speeders, both with a Multi Melta, one can be made into a Asscan.

Which do you guys think is most effective?

UncleCrazy
14-08-2007, 04:50
The speeder has a better chance of living through a Krak missile.

alex03
14-08-2007, 05:05
I would give the attack bikes the heavy bolters. Attack bikes also have twin linked regular bolters, which they can add to shooting at units. Those bolters are useless against what you would normally fire a multi melta at.

Davachido
14-08-2007, 05:08
Land speeders don't have that much of a better chance of living through a krak, rolls to hit 3+, rolls to glance 2+ then 4-6 on glancing makes the speeder worthless and 2-6 on pen makes the speeder worthless.

Pretty much the only difference is how they will take damage otherwise to me they have the same survirabily, I usually take 3 attack bikes since it saves me 45 points to spend on something else. Also since they are all in different slots (I don't use other FA slots) they have to be picked out seperately so to kill em you need to forgo 3 squads of shooting, I like that.

I used to mass speeders but now that they're 65 points it just doesn't seem worth it anymore, 100 points to increase it to an assault cannon, a tad expensive in my book. Though with 2k+ points I say go for speeders, smaller games I'd say bikes.

madrobot
14-08-2007, 05:45
I'd arm the attack bikes with multi-meltas. Scout move + 1st turn + 12" move = great chance to blow up enemy vehicles.

Lord Malakai
14-08-2007, 09:24
I've got a 1750 points bike based SM army and have come to the conclusion that my heavy bolter Attack Bikes are the best unit in my army while my 2 Land Speeders are just distractions.

-QUOTE- I usually take 3 attack bikes since it saves me 45 points to spend on something else. Also since they are all in different slots (I don't use other FA slots) they have to be picked out seperately so to kill em you need to forgo 3 squads of shooting, I like that.

I hate to do this in my first posy but you can only field Attack Bikes in squads of 2 of 3. Not by themselves.

Davachido
14-08-2007, 09:36
Haven't read the new BA codex have you? :p

I'm guessing ravenwing is the same since we got all the same options as them for bikes and land speeders.

Lord Malakai
14-08-2007, 12:48
Haven't read the new BA codex have you? :p

I'm guessing ravenwing is the same since we got all the same options as them for bikes and land speeders.

Just checked Codexs (Codicies).

Space Marine Codex - Attack Bikes can be taken in a squadron of either two or three.

Blood Angel List - Attack Bikes can be taken in squadrons of ont, two or three.

Dark Angels Codex - Attack Bikes can only be taken attached to a Ravenwing Attack Squadrons.

In my opinion a bike heavy army works better when you use the Space Marine Codex and take the "Be Swift as the Wind" Chapter Trait.

Davachido
14-08-2007, 13:00
That's kinda odd I would've thought an army that focuses on bikes and speeders would've allowed single attack bikes. Oh well, I'll take advantage of the one bike squads as a BA general :evilgrin:

Randy
14-08-2007, 13:21
Lol :P Why do you think fast attack is now the tank killing slot rather then heavy? :P Heavy just lets you get infantry killing power in stupid quantities :P

Shadow-BOT
14-08-2007, 15:58
Attack bikes can just use the combat squad rule to move on their own. I am going to keep the MM on the land speeders, and arm both attack bikes with HB.