PDA

View Full Version : New Chaos Battleforce?

jkenealy
14-08-2007, 04:36
Hi, really am sorry if this has been posted. For the record I did search the forums but came up empty...

Does anyone know the contents of the new Chaos Battleforce that will be released sometime after the army deal? Thanks a lot!
-John

Stella Cadente
14-08-2007, 04:37
You can guarantee it will have bleedin Khorne Bezerkers

jkenealy
14-08-2007, 04:43
Whats wrong with that?
-John

Yarick Zan
14-08-2007, 04:58
Not everyone wants to have Bezerkers in their army. It is kind of presumptious on the part of GW.

Arcanus
14-08-2007, 05:15
Not everyone wants to have Bezerkers in their army. It is kind of presumptious on the part of GW.

Well Khorne is the greatest Chaos God:evilgrin: Also, what other C:SM's having songs dedicated to them in Clerks?

grickherder
14-08-2007, 05:23
They convert so easily into non Khorne chaos space marines. Use the shoulder pads that don't have khorne symbols, extra heads you might have and it's also simple to "de-Khorne" the helmets to produce some really cool ones (the T slit visor one and the skull one, for example).

Their dynamic poses are also perfect for the attachment of wings or some sort of jump pack to use as raptors.

Berzerker plastics rock!

Voss
14-08-2007, 06:35
Guh. I've gotten too many of them over the years in various sets. Its one of the main reasons I won't buy the army box, despite my desire for the Terminators, Spawn and (somewhat) possessed.
Plus they are on a slightly different scale when compared to the current CSM plastics. Particularly the hands.

grickherder
14-08-2007, 07:50
They certainly are larger-- but I do know they mix well. I made an entire army out of CSM, Berzerker and Tactical Plastics. They all mixed fine. Some of the power armour had larger gauntlets or bigger shoulder pads, but that's fine-- it's power armour.

But yeah, if you already have a ton of them, you've done everything you could want to do with them. They go reliably for $20 on eBay (usually a bit more), so you could always buy the battleforce at a discounter like thewarstore.com, sell the berzerkers and then buy something else with the money.

The thing I'm least impressed with in the new battleforce are the possessed. I don't really like the rules and don't like the models. If I want "possessed" marines, I think I'd just take a squad of chosen or CSM with an icon and paint them up all glowy or something-- maybe add some subtle greenstuff mutations-- the "almost spawns" don't do it for me.

Though the actual spawns are pretty neat.