PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find dakka dakka review of chaos codex



Morfesto
14-08-2007, 07:25
As the title says it was posted in a thread that appears to have been closed or is no longer existing.

There was a link posted about a review of the new chaos codex on Dakka Dakka it would be nice if anyone could post a link to it.

grizzly ruin
14-08-2007, 15:53
News and rumours forum, first page (http://www.dakkadakka.com/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/6/postid/181809/view/topic/Default.aspx).

gitburna
14-08-2007, 16:24
Its a moaning review anyway. It makes me wonder why half the people on Dakka even play GW games anymore, why dont they defect to warmachine or some other tat ? Either that, or perhaps you get brownie points for the louder and more imaginitively you moan.

Inn fact you know what that review reminds me of ? Critics who bash on Star Wars, just to be "The cool guy who bashed on starwars"

Polonius
14-08-2007, 16:43
[QUOTE=gitburna;1827442]Its a moaning review anyway. It makes me wonder why half the people on Dakka even play GW games anymore, why dont they defect to warmachine or some other tat ? [QUOTE]

Because we enjoy GW games.

We do, however, often disagree with the decisions that GW makes. There's a huge difference. You can love the game without drinking the koolaid. You can love the fluff, the background, and 80% of the rules while still noticing how the other 20% are broken. You can love the models while hate what they cost.

Warseer seems addicted to a certain love for defending everything GW does, and while Dakka's more toxic posters seem to hate everything GW does, there's a middle ground that neither forum seems comfortable with. That said, I enjoy the eyes open cynicism of Dakka a great deal. They don't pull punches and sure, the desire to bash something the funniest can get overwhelming. On the other hand, dismissing every complaint, every pissed off gamer, and every person pointing out a broken rule as simply whining seems equally shortsighted.

You can enjoy a hobby while still being aware of it's flaws, much like you can love a person despite their imperfections. What you fail to mention is that the poster of the review is currently working on a complete re-write of the 40k rules. He's doing something about his annoyance, and in the process, he's posted numerous times that he has a new found respect for the challenges of game designers.

athamas
14-08-2007, 17:22
hmmmm.. that is the most pathetic review i have ever seen, it is nothing but moaning...


eg: 'Chaos Bikers have gone down by one point, and lost an attack. I guess the lack of new model means they got ignored. They really suck now with base A1 rather than A2.'

not mentioning the fact that they now have 2 CCW's and thus get an extra attack...

Brimstone
14-08-2007, 17:23
If you want to discuss this thread please go to Dakka and post there I think we have quite enough Chaos threads already thank you.

Thread Closed.

The Warseer Inquisition