PDA

View Full Version : Bear's anger

Finnigan2004
14-08-2007, 13:50
Can the effects of the bears anger stack, if multiple casters put it onto the same model? I always assumed not, but I can't find the rule that says so. Any help would be great.

DarthBinky
14-08-2007, 14:17
No, they do not stack. It's in the rulebook FAQ.

Ninsaneja
15-08-2007, 03:53
Multiples of the same RIP spell do not stack, however it would have to be dispelled twice.

sulla
15-08-2007, 06:14
Multiples of the same RIP spell do not stack, however it would have to be dispelled twice.

Interesting idea. Any basis for it. The 2 statements seem to contradict...

Kerill
15-08-2007, 06:22
Ninsaneja is correct. Its in the magic section of the rulebook.

DaBrode
15-08-2007, 07:44
Does this go for Gut magic buffs too? These aren't traditional RIP spells but they are buffs like Bear's anger.

Mawchild
15-08-2007, 08:27
gut magic spells can't stack since any spell previously cast on the unit is immediately dispelled and replaced by the new spell if it is successfully cast. Pretty sure it states that in the Ogre Kingdoms book under gut magic but too lazy to walk downstairs and check.

Masque
15-08-2007, 08:35
Does this go for Gut magic buffs too? These aren't traditional RIP spells but they are buffs like Bear's anger.

Units can only have one Gut Magic buff on them at a time so this isn't an issue.

DaBrode
15-08-2007, 21:00
Ah yes, that is the case so I imagine you can't cast the same spell on them repeatedly just for the sake of keeping it on them. Forgot about the one at a time rule.

Atrahasis
16-08-2007, 14:08
To be clear, the effects of remains in play spells can stack. For example, multiple Flames of the Phoenix or Curse of Years will have cumulative effects.

However, Bear's Anger adds to the basic statistics of the model, and so the second casting adds to those base statistics, resulting in no increase in effect. There's logic to it, even if I don't agree with that logic.

King Thurgun
16-08-2007, 14:26
To be clear, the effects of remains in play spells can stack. For example, multiple Flames of the Phoenix or Curse of Years will have cumulative effects.

However, Bear's Anger adds to the basic statistics of the model, and so the second casting adds to those base statistics, resulting in no increase in effect. There's logic to it, even if I don't agree with that logic.

:eek:You can flames of the phoenix a unit TWICE?!?!?

*Thinks about the 80 man goblin units his Goblin Warboss friend fields*
*Thinks about the All-Wizard army his High Elf friend fields, led by Teclis*

Think of the slaughter...
Poor little greenies

On a related note, could 2 different buff spells stack? For instance, could you cast Bears Anger on a guy that was under the effects of Flaming Sword of Rhuin? Some of the effects would overlap, but he would still hit on a 2+ with all those bears anger attacks. Or the spell from the lore of light, that gives you 3 Attacks at Str5. Would bears anger make that 6 Attacks at Str 7? (With +1 Toughness, negating magic weapons) Seeing as how the light spell just changes the stats, rather than increasing them, would this result in them stacking?

theunwantedbeing
16-08-2007, 14:32
They dont stack.
The flaming sword is a magical weapon,the bears anger states he cannot sue any weapons.
So one would contradict the other and dispel it.