PDA

View Full Version : Alt Rules for Space Wolves/ 13th Co

Lisiecki
14-08-2007, 20:14
So I just got my lovely, lovely Space Wolves and 13th Co models out of storage.
The guy who runs the turnies down at my local store has said that there no longer allowing Space Wolf rules for completive compitations (IE with prizes)
So im wondering, are there any other SM rule sets that still feel like SW/13co?

Perhaps Black Templars

Maybe Codex with some set of Traits

until the codex comes out, at some point?

Thanks

Pete

Perfect Organism
14-08-2007, 20:24
What do you consider the essential traits of Space Wolves which you really like?

Vanilla Space Marines seem like the best bet. Certainally the one which needs least explaining on what everything counts as.

Grimtuff
14-08-2007, 20:33
What? Do you mean the standard SW rules?

I know tourney organisers are free to make their own rules, but this is bit silly. Does he consider the codex too old? If so, does he allow Ork and Dark Eldar armies in? :rolleyes:

Lisiecki
14-08-2007, 20:59
What? Do you mean the standard SW rules?

I know tourney organisers are free to make their own rules, but this is bit silly. Does he consider the codex too old? If so, does he allow Ork and Dark Eldar armies in?

Yep the thin codex with the redhead kicking ork ass
he says there to old and unbalanced, i think hes a *****, but i also think that im a good enough player that i should be able to hold my own

What do you consider the essential traits of Space Wolves which you really like?

Powerful HQ
Lots and lots of close combat goodness
Im thinking of taking Codex Marines with

Trust Your Battle Brothers
and
No Mercy No Respite
With
Eye To Eye
and
We stand alone
(normail i hate we stand alone, but it fits)

But im wondering if theres something better in the BT codex

victorpofa
14-08-2007, 22:49
BT can't take Devastators so no Long Fangs, but you can take heavy weapons in tactical squads. They might fit with their Neophytes being like Blood Claws.

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 00:31
Wait... I can understand not allowing 13th Co. because they are not allowed in official GW tournies.... but that dated useless SW dex which is AS FAR from being overpowered as is remotely possible?

What a buffoon! Tell him if he doesn't let you play as Blue Wolves then you will report him to GW if it is an RT tournament.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 01:17
What a buffoon! Tell him if he doesn't let you play as Blue Wolves then you will report him to GW if it is an RT tournament.

Its not

Im thinking of playing as

The Black Wolves

Using Sword Brothers as Grey Hunters
Champions of Russ

and giant, Giant blood packs

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 01:34
Who is he to decide a codex is unbalanced? GW don't think it is too unbalanced to stop selling it. I'd boycot the tournament. It's pathetic.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 01:38
Who is he to decide a codex is unbalanced? GW don't think it is too unbalanced to stop selling it. I'd boycot the tournament. It's pathetic.

Hes the guy the store owner trusts.
But honestly im thinking about using Black Templar rules for them, i think i could make this work

His Logic is that the Store owner cant get any more copys of Eye Of Terror or Codex: Space Wolves

suplicor
15-08-2007, 01:41
I'll bet the guy just got his **** handed to him too many times by Spacewolves so he's getting revenge by not letting them in his little world where HE is the Emperor.:D

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 01:44
Tell him to go to Games Workshop PLC - Welcome! Please, choose your destination. (http://www.games-workshop.com) and he can order as many copies of both as he wants.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 01:47
Tell him to go to Games Workshop PLC - Welcome! Please, choose your destination. and he can order as many copies of both as he wants.

dont think that would help the store owner feel any better about it. Dont get me wrong, I have the codex, i like it.
But im thinking for this guys turnis ill just call them
Black Wolves
or
Wolves of the Temple

and own his ass

chivalrous
15-08-2007, 02:30
Tell him to go to Games Workshop PLC - Welcome! Please, choose your destination. (http://www.games-workshop.com) and he can order as many copies of both as he wants.

It's different for retailers, they have to use another ordering service. Apparently there are a lot of independent stores having trouble getting hold of the SW codex.

That said, the guy running the tournament is being a bit of a prick dis-allowing Space Wolves, moreso for using such a feeble excuse.

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 02:50
Use the new Chaos Dex and run them as Mark of Khorne heavy marines.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 02:55
That said, the guy running the tournament is being a bit of a prick dis-allowing Space Wolves, moreso for using such a feeble excuse.

Yep, i haven't said hes not
trust me this pisses me off quite a bit
what im looking for is solutions to a problem thats already happend

Use the new Chaos Dex and run them as Mark of Khorne heavy marines.

You know i think im the one person on these boreds that hasn't seen the new codex

is it like the old or has it been nerfed to hell?

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 02:58
It's in no way a weak codex if you start again from scratch. You can't use the same lists as you may have used to and expect the same results. There are some VERY nasty army builds out there waiting to get put together.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 03:02
It's in no way a weak codex if you start again from scratch. You can't use the same lists as you may have used to and expect the same results. There are some VERY nasty army builds out there waiting to get put together.

Very intresting

For the moment it looks like a Black Templar Army /w Accept any challange will get me the most bang for the buck with my Blood Pack heavy army list

SamaNagol
15-08-2007, 03:02
In fact, if there are no 13th Co rules in the new 'dex, I am totally using Chaos Space Marines to represent 13th Co. Possessed as Wulfen. Chosen or Beserkers as Grey Slayers and Storm Claws. Havoks as Long Fangs. And a Wulfen Lord could be described as a pretty Monstrous Creature if you were to see him.... hmm *strokes chin*

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 03:05
sounds very intresting ill give it a look in a month

Lord_Squinty
15-08-2007, 06:22
And Chaos space marines come with a bolter, bolt pistol and ccw :D

I'm thinking of using the chaos book for my marines too...

sgtventris
15-08-2007, 06:31
I agree that he is just being a prick. His excuses are crap, I think he obviously holds a deep-seeded bitterness towards the Wolves. Either way, if it is an officially sanctioned and supported tournament he does not have the right to tell you that you cannot use an RT-legal army. I would tell him to let you play the Wolves or you will report him and the store to the necessary people at GW.

Blackwolf
15-08-2007, 07:01
I agree that he is just being a prick. His excuses are crap, I think he obviously holds a deep-seeded bitterness towards the Wolves. Either way, if it is an officially sanctioned and supported tournament he does not have the right to tell you that you cannot use an RT-legal army. I would tell him to let you play the Wolves or you will report him and the store to the necessary people at GW.

Hate to bring this up but as an RTT orginizer you are free to make any rules you want. At one time GWUK did not allow Space Wolf Scouts or Craftworld Eldar armies.

Lisiecki
15-08-2007, 15:33
sgtventris is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Oh i aggre with you 100%
Problem is its not official in any way its a "throw $10 in a box, and get 50 in store credit if you win" thing.

I mean the problem has already happened.
What im looking for now is a solution

CrimsonTider
15-08-2007, 16:33
I think your idea of using the BT would indeed be workable. It has severalinteresting options that you can use, and using the sword brethren as wolf guard works out well.

Jampire
15-08-2007, 19:38
I think that so far using the Traits is your best bet.
It fits with the SW more so than using a BT list IMO.
And I think you'd be more effective with it as well, that furious charge is going to hurt things...
Overall I'd go with the traits. Just seems to 'feel' right to me.

Bregalad
16-08-2007, 00:59
Interesting: I can't find the Codex Space Wolves on the German, UK or US website. AFAIK it is OOP and not available anymore (except as japanese pdf and perhaps as illegal copy). Can you show me, where you can still officially buy that Codex?

chivalrous
16-08-2007, 01:43
Interesting: I can't find the Codex Space Wolves on the German, UK or US website. AFAIK it is OOP and not available anymore (except as japanese pdf and perhaps as illegal copy). Can you show me, where you can still officially buy that Codex?

It's in the UK online store (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60030101005&orignav=9) but you have to search for it. Type "Space AND Wolves" into the search function. The French and German search functions seems to be broken right now.
But I see where you're coming from. The Space Wolves page (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301583&orignav=10) doesn't list the codex. Oddly enough it does however list the Eye of Terror codex...go figure

Sir_Turalyon
16-08-2007, 09:00
There are things in online store database you can look up, but cannot order.Are you sure this book is not such case?

Lisiecki
16-08-2007, 20:10
I think that so far using the Traits is your best bet.

Trust Your Battle Brothers
and
No Mercy No Respite
With
Eye To Eye
and
We stand alone

is what im thinking for that
any other thoughts?

Lord Hjamlar
16-08-2007, 21:09
What kind of store are u playin' in?
I would just go and ask tournament creator to tell u why he does not allow SW, as they are normally regarded as underpowered atm :S So WTF is he talkin' about...

Lisiecki
17-08-2007, 02:22
What kind of store are u playin' in?
I would just go and ask tournament creator to tell u why he does not allow SW, as they are normally regarded as underpowered atm :S So WTF is he talkin' about...

Le Sigh

yes
the guy running the turnys is a *****, ive mentioned i aggre with that ;)

what im looking for now is fixes

Lisiecki
17-08-2007, 02:58
Hmmm

ive decided to dump the true girt...
this is all