PDA

View Full Version : GW application

Aurellis
14-08-2007, 23:15
Hey

I'm applying for a job at GW as sunday staff and was wondering whether anybody else whom has applied to the company before would be able to give me a heads-up on the interviews they give?
I won't need to take an army as I'd be running introductory games If I get the job

Thanks in advance :)

Scanno
14-08-2007, 23:41
My interview was incredibly relaxed as I knew the two managers giving it very well. It was a chat on my ideas of the hobby, my armies, my plans for more armies and my dream army, my college life and my previous jobs. Nothing ground breaking, and ended with a job offer almost immediately afterwards.

Prince By-Tor
15-08-2007, 06:18
I'm sure that there is already a thread here somewhere with top tips - being asked to shout WAAAAAAAAAAAAH at the top of your voice for example. Try a search. Hope this helps and best of luck.

natedogg710
15-08-2007, 06:41
You can check this (http://warseer.com/forums/other-gw-discussion/71115-working-gw.html) thread out and this (http://warseer.com/forums/other-gw-discussion/83388-should-i-work-gw-college.html) thread out. They don't have much about the interview, but they have a lot of info about working for GW.

Jedi152
15-08-2007, 08:43
I very nearly applied for a sunday job at WW, and was put off by the fact that i don't know 4th ed. 40k that well, and don't have an army for it.

From what i hear they're fairly informal interviews. Just try not to go down the 'geek' route too much and treat it as a normal interview.

Sleazy
15-08-2007, 08:45
enthuse about armies and minis, tell them what themes and imagery you like, remember they are looking at how you can talk to customers. They will likely throw in an odd question too (mine was if you could go through time and invite 4 people from history to a dinner party who would it be?).

Try to talk as much as you can, the last thing they want is for you to be quiet and shy.

Crube
15-08-2007, 10:39
Yup, be outgoing, take any opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of ALL GW games, take an army - shows you DO play/paint...