PDA

View Full Version : New Chaos fighter/Possible Upgrades to Aircraft?

DarkAzrael169
15-08-2007, 00:12
If anyone has any knowledge or an idea as to if there will be a new Chaos Fighter, likely named a Hell Razor(Named that in Double Eagle), that would be exceptionaly helpfull. I'm trying to pull trogethor information relating to any new Chaos fighters and possible upgrades to aircraft.

From what I saw at gamesday in Ontario showed that there was going to be upgrades to aircraft in the new book Tactica Aeronautica, expansion I believe. I have a picture of the actual upgrades that I'll post on here soon.

So will there be any new fighters and possible upgrades to Chaos, Eldar, etc... aircraft other than Imperial, Tau, and Orks?

fattdex
15-08-2007, 02:11
That picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Sylass/GD2007Germany/IMG_0355.jpg) was uploaded in the thread (http://warseer.com/forums/aeronautica-imperialis/98222-tactica-aeronautica-pictures.html#post1823511) below this one also.
One would assume that chaos and elsdar will get upgrades too, they just didnt all fit on the one page ;-)

afaik, the pages shown in the thread below are the only ones that have been previewed so we don't know what else chaos will be getting (except for harbinger rules)
And as far as I can discern, Hell Blade and Hell Razor are probably just the same thing with different catch-names

DarkAzrael169
15-08-2007, 04:29
From what was described of it, the Hell Razor was the Chaos version of the Thunderbolt, with a few slight modifications. One of the big differences between the Hell Blade and the Hell Razor is that the Hell Razor would have 2 hit points.

Captain_Ardias
15-08-2007, 04:41
Pretty much agree there, but the Hell Razor seems to be a little lighter and faster than the thunderbolt, more like the lightning and of the same design as the Blade. Agree on the two hit points though, since it's used by actual pilots of chaos instead of integrated servitors.

DarkAzrael169
15-08-2007, 04:56
Yes, the Razor would have higher top speed, higher minimum speed, higher maneuverability, same guns (Maybe not the Lascannon) and probably no durable saves... That what I would guess.

Sum it up:

Hits: 2
Maneuverability: Very High
Top Speed: 8
Minimum Speed: 4 or 3
Guns:Autocannons 6-4-0 Ammo 5
Max Altitude: 9(Rocket Boosters)

Let me know if I'm forgeting anything.

Darnok
15-08-2007, 12:16
I assume the Hell Razor to be something between the Blade and the Talon: still a fighter, but more durable than the Blade (so 2 hit points), better armed than the Blade, but less than the Talon... something like that. The problem is: at the moment the Chaos list works just fine with the fighter it has, it is no extreme necessity for a second fighter type. Given the amount of different classes for the Imperium we might see a second fighter class in the future, but at the moment I consider it to be not important enough. They should get a transport and some ground defences.

And a point you should never forget: because the Razor is so similar to the Blade/Talon, it is quite boring to actually do it. And the FW guys want to do cool stuff if they can. So all in all: don't expect the Hell Razor in the near future.

DarkAzrael169
15-08-2007, 20:17
Yes that is true, however they put themselves in that situation. I has the least amount of aircraft to choose from and should have some options... The Hell Talon is a bomber and it has to pay for a weapons load just to get bombs... Somethings wrong with the Chaos Squadron List. So the least they can do is give us an average fighter.

Darnok
15-08-2007, 20:55
Chaos has the Harbinger, a monster nobody except the Tau can match, and even the Manta looks small against that beast. So don't complain too much about "no special treatment". Even though I understand and support any call for more variety in the Chaos list.

Captain_Ardias
15-08-2007, 23:36
I say they should do the Tormentor. From descriptions it would be about a marauder in stats, but you could easily do a varient that has troop capacity. It would let FW do a cool new ship too.

DarkAzrael169
16-08-2007, 09:42
Good idea about the Tormentor, however wasn't that a bomber? They would probably want to make that one instead of another fighter...

Captain_Ardias
16-08-2007, 16:27
yea, from double eagle it sounded like a plane between the hell talon and the harbinger (i.e. about a marauder, maybe a bit heavier). But, given the lack of transports in the Chaos list, I would not be suprised at all if FW could pull off a varient of it with a troop/cargo bay instead of a bomb bay so that chaos could have both a heavy bomber for larger missions where a harbinger would be unwieldy, but also a transport so that we dont have to use thunderhawks.

DarkAzrael169
16-08-2007, 23:51
That sounds like the best solution, giving them transports.

Chaplin Davius
30-08-2007, 20:31
Going back the 2nd fighter bit, why not just have the 2nd fighter double up as a ground attack plane, a bit like the phoenix? this would then give a fighter with 2 hit points bit also fill a gap in the chaos list.

Just a thought,

Later Days

Captain_Ardias
31-08-2007, 00:05
I think the phoenix slot is filled pretty well by the hell talon, although a rocket option for additional weapons loads would let it strafe better. If you mean a heavy bomber that counts as a fighter, then I don't think that would work so well, it seems to be a specialty of the eldar to do big fast moving things :)

DarkAzrael169
02-09-2007, 08:26
Give a fighter with 2 hit points with capable weapons loads such as missile and bombs.

Three Headed Monkey
03-09-2007, 03:47
Im not sure if I want a 2 hit fighter for chaos. It will make us more like everyone else :P. I like (read: absolutely love) hell blades and the numerical advantage that they bring. The fact that they have a formidable amount of firepower is also very good. I cant imagine taking anything other than hell blades :P.

I still do want more veriaty, but maybe in the form of hell blade varients? What do people think about that?

It all depends on how the hell razor is to be implemented.

fattdex
03-09-2007, 04:50
i'd be more inclined to want to see a heavy fighter version of the hellblade without ground attack weapons.

Three Headed Monkey
03-09-2007, 08:33
Hmm, true. A 15 to 20 point fighter would be a good complement to the swarms of hell blades. Better than Talons in a straight up fight.