PDA

View Full Version : Building an Eldar Army, but...

RevenantX
15-08-2007, 07:46
I'm having a hard time deciding how to paint it all up. I've got a purple Tyranid Army, a dark green Space Marine army, a blue and silver Necron army and my friend is making a red eldar army; so all those colors are out.

I love me some Iyandan golden yellow, but it's a huge pain in the butt to paint, even with the foundations. So now I'm torn between that and a scorched brown/graveyard earth color scheme I thought of tonight.

Shall it be yellow and blue Wraithguard and Vypers or Brown and Other Brown!?

Iceheart2112
15-08-2007, 08:46
Surprisingly enough, I'm having much the same problem. It's mostly going to be jetbikes, but I'd rather not do Saim-Hann colors. I've got two predominately green other armies, so green is also out. I'm thinking maybe a cityfight dark grey/blue coloration, with yellow for an accent color. But I would still appreciate some other opinions.

fwacho
15-08-2007, 09:36
how bought do what I do for an easily painted but still nice looking eldar army...

simply base white. This will be your main color.
choice of black green or red for undersuits. and highlights.
you can trace along the cracks with black on teh grave tnaks and vypers and get a pretty good looking army for not too much effort.

The main thing is basing it witht he main color will save you HOURS of work.

RevenantX
17-08-2007, 02:43
I ended up going with Graveyard Earth as the main and Golden Yellow as the highlight. I'll post some pics when I get more of 'em finished.

They look pretty sweet.