PDA

View Full Version : Chaos fast army?

Safirix
15-08-2007, 14:25
Hi!
I have bought the chaos book and have been playing around with some ideas how my army could look like. I have been thinking about a cavalry list with Knights, chariots and that kinda stuff. So my question is what god is best for it? I like both slaanesh and tzeench magic.
I played yesterday against my friend with khorne and I won him thanks to my cannons =) but his chosen khorne knights made really massive damage! (I was playing with dwarfs) So do I go with pure tzeench or take a undivided general and mix little of everyting? Any adwices plz? I'm playing against Lizardmen, khorne, darkelfs and (wood elfs maybe).

Thanks and chaos tips are welcome =)

blurred
15-08-2007, 14:56
I'm sure there are more experienced chaos lords on these forums (Hello Neknoh :p) than me but I'll give some general ideas.

Fast, heavy-hitting armies are a very common concept of chaos armies nowadays as all Gods are pretty good at it. Tzeentch has magical firepower to help the knights and such reach their targets. Slaanesh provides immunity to panic. Nurgle gives you fear which is pretty handy. And the last but definitely not the least we come to Khorne who makes chaos knights pure killing machines. Undivided is of course an option too if you want to keep your units cheap-ish and get some protection from psychology tests.

I'd say a well-mastered Khorne army is the most dangerous of all these: the hitting-power is just so impressive and frenzied units are not as easy to bait as some claim them to be. However, playing Khorne may become dull after a while as its only movement and combat.

Anyway, go with the one you think is best for you. I'm making a fast Tzeentch chaos army at the moment; I like the fact that its a mix of magic, movement and combat. :)

Cromenon
15-08-2007, 15:18
i played once against a chaos army in a rtt whose slower unit moved 7" and thus marched 14".

it was a non-cult chaos army

the basic units were all chaos hounds, and some khorne hounds.

There were also some mounted khorne chosen, lots, LOTS of daemonettes on steed (they move 10"--->20"!!! if marching) a winged DP and a level-1 wizard.

You can try something similar, those armies are hard to master, but when done, they are a true pain in the @$$.

i hope i helped you a bit ^^

theunwantedbeing
15-08-2007, 15:48
The best for a fast chaos army is several units of 6 knights of khorne,you dont need command for the units.
Lead by magic users(so its an undivided army) supported by several hound units to act as screens.
Maybe throw in some chariots for fun,a unit of furies possibly,if you want to be extra mean take a hellcannon.

The hitting power of the khornate units is huge,you dont need command or ranks to break fully ranked units.
The hounds are for support,to get in the way of opposing baiting units,and can remove war machines and such with ease.
The mages just add some magical support.

Hellcannon for it you want to be extremely mean and blow a unit of your opponents off the board each turn.

Khorghan
15-08-2007, 16:10
I know you just bought the chaos book and are planning on using mostly things from that however if you want a fast army id suggest using a beasts of chaos base and put knights in as special units, this way chariots are core you can feild as many as you want and then use in a 2000 point 4 special choices (this is were the hordes book comes in) you can use your knights and in the beast book there are more choices than that , centigors and dragon ogres(rare) Also you get the ambush special rule.

so using the beasts book you can feild your fast units (knights screamers furys)
and have alot more chariots than you could feild in Hordes and you warhounds can pop out anywhere on the battlefeild.

you probably wont do this but i think its a good idea.

Safirix
15-08-2007, 16:39
Tank you all!
kk I maybe try to go undivided chaos with a undivided lord (general) and maybe 2 exalted champions of tzeench. And then khorne knights 5X2 + the exalted champions here. And then some tzeench chariots so i get more power dices and the maybe mouted demonettes and marauder horsemen.....And I could ad some dragon ogres as rares! How do that sound? or maybe 1 slaanesh hero and one tzeench? ahh it's too much mixing....hmmm.
How about pure tzeench? but then I miss all the slaanesh magic and 10m...and the nasty khorne...i can't decide can someone creat some good base cav army that will do quite good =)

theunwantedbeing
15-08-2007, 17:04
Create your own list.
The post that and we will comment on it.

Safirix
15-08-2007, 17:17
exalted champion (general)+ steed + magic items
exalted champion mark of tzeench + magic items+ steed
chaos khnights of khorne 5x2 + both heroes
2 chariots of tzeench
2x5 maruder horse men
2x5 mounted demonettes for flank charges!
something like this to get to the enemy very fast and get out the charges!
I ahven't decide the magic items. I was wondering is it wice to mix from so many differnet gods? I may add some dragon ogres and who nows what =)

Cromenon
15-08-2007, 22:36
how many points are we talking about? because if 2000-2500 you could make some changes...

exalted champion (general)+ steed + magic items <---give him mark of chaos undivided
exalted champion mark of tzeench + magic items+ steed
chaos khnights of khorne 5x2 + both heroes
2 chariots of tzeench <-- nice!
2x5 maruder horse men
include some hounds, they attract enemmy fire
2x5 mounted demonettes for flank charges!
something like this to get to the enemy very fast and get out the charges!
I ahven't decide the magic items. I was wondering is it wice to mix from so many differnet gods? I may add some dragon ogres (yes, one unit at less) and who nows what =) (a hellcannon? of course! :D)

W0lf
15-08-2007, 23:10
Slaanesh.

Slaanesh can make use of mounted daemonettes and steeds of slaanesh.

Both of which have M10.

How fast do you want it? :P

plus slaanesh magic is the muts nuts.
Immune to phsy is also good for knights.

Safirix
17-08-2007, 15:13
KK! I expected more critik...=) but I was still wondering is it good to mix a bit from all gods? I know slaanesh is maybe the way to go but I like both tzeench and slaanesh magic but the khorne knights and extra power dices....I'm going to miss that all.
Can I have mounted demonettes with a undivided army?

Punk_in_Drublic
17-08-2007, 15:24
Yes you can. As long as your army is led by an undivided general, you can mix marks. If your general has a mark, you can take units with thqt mark and undivided. It's all in the book.

Now, I recommend you to take this discussion over to the tactics section if you want more feedback on list-specific stuff. You could also try to make a list like unwanted mentioned, and let us comment on it.

Later,

-Punk