PDA

View Full Version : Empire- still good for Mage Councils?

RobbiP
15-08-2007, 17:36
I've been wanting to start a small 1000pt WHFB army some time soon and decided it'd have to be magic heavy. I love the Empire's new wizards models and am just curious: are their arcane weapon options still good? Which 'school' of wizardry is ideal for these smaller point matches? I'll still stock up on like warmachines and troops but I want this little 'council' to be the centrepiece of the warband while still being viable in a competitive environment.

(Yes I love herohammer sometimes)

/Robbi

blurred
15-08-2007, 20:22
arcane weapon

You mean arcane items?

IMO empire has one of the best selections of arcane items. Rod of power is extremely good for such a meager points cost, Wizard's staff likewise and Doomfire ring (yes, not an arcane item but a great item to have in a magic-heavy empire army) is pure gold against low LD armies. Luckstone is probably a bit overrated and too expensive, but its a nice 'backup' for a wizard lord nonetheless. I'd say go for it. :)

fearchanges
16-08-2007, 18:31
As mentioned before by Blurred; the Rod of Power, Doomfire Ring are great Items. Maybe also a little underestimated are the Ring of Volans and the regular Power Stones if you go for heavy magic.
For the Magic lores; go for lores like Death and Fire for killing potential.
Life and Metal are also very usefull IMO.
Maybe reconsider using a Warrior priest as General, because your Army is going to lack in LD. Besides, he also can produce a boundspell lvl 3 each turn.