PDA

View Full Version : Malcador

Crippler
16-08-2007, 10:49
Hi I have started building up my FW Malcador heavy tank today, the one with the five heavy bolters in the turret casing

Which sponsor weapons should I give it, as I am at a loss.

My intended use for it is to support advancing infantry, so it would always be on the move.

So should I sacrifice the lascannons and use the two heavy bolters that come with as standard or even replace those with heavy flamers?

Can the hull mounted demolisher fire on the move? If I equip it with lascannons, can it still move and fire?

Are there any firing arcs for it, what is the closet arc that it can bring it's Heavy bolters to bear, as the tracks would limit the fire????

ehlijen
16-08-2007, 11:08
As a super heavy it is not bound by any of the move and shoot rules in the BGB. Instead check the super heavy rules for rules on firing on the move.

The arcs are on any non fixed weapon are defined as "whereever you can point it, or could if you hadn't glued it in".

Advice on sponsons: don't use flamers (though they are fun!) and use either HBs or LCs, depending on what your army needs more of. The flamers are short ranged, and if you're supporting infantry, you're unlikely to get a clear shot. (Don't forget to use your men to form a 6" belt around it to block meltas :))

Crippler
16-08-2007, 11:12
I bit the bullet and have added the lascannons, nice all rounder then, thanks