PDA

View Full Version : 2250 point Chaos mortal army

MalevolentDeath
16-08-2007, 15:33
Hello all, I am new to warhammer. My friend and I decided to come up with an army let me know what you think

CHARACTERS
-DAEMON PRINCE
-Undivided,Blade of Ether, Soul Hunger, and Master of Mortals (375pts.)

-SORCERER OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Undivided, 2x Dispel Scoll, Barded Mount (151 pts.)

-ASPIRING CHAMPION OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, BSB, Sword of Might, Barded Mount (141 pts.)

CORE
-1 UNIT OF 12 CHOSEN CHAOS WARRIORS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Shield, MoK (297 pts.)

-1 UNIT OF 5 WARHOUNDS OF CHAOS (30 pts.)

-1 UNIT OF 5 CHOSEN KNIGHTS
-Hand Weapons, Chaos Armor, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed, Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Undivided (275 pts.)

-1 UNIT OF 5 KNIGHTS OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield, Barded, MoK, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion, Warbanner (285 pts.)

SPECIAL
-1 UNIT OF 12 BESTIGOR HERD
-Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, MoK (189 pts.)

-CHAOS FURIES (8)
-(120 pts.)

-1 UNIT OF 7 GORS/7 UNGORS BEAST HERD
-Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion (112 pts.)

RARE

-4 SPAWN OF CHAOS (240 pts.)

Well there it is let me know what you think. Any advice is welcome. I have my first match tonight so hope it goes well.

theunwantedbeing
16-08-2007, 15:43
Looks fine.

Kerill
17-08-2007, 05:10
Seems fine although you might want to give magil level 1 to the DP for another dispel die.

You could also consider swapping the sorcerer for a bray shaman since its cheaper, hittier and gets 360 degree line of sight.

MalevolentDeath
17-08-2007, 14:11
Seems fine although you might want to give magil level 1 to the DP for another dispel die.

You could also consider swapping the sorcerer for a bray shaman since its cheaper, hittier and gets 360 degree line of sight.
Awesome feedback, I will look into the Bray-shaman. But could he ride along with my unit of chosen knights?

Punk_in_Drublic
17-08-2007, 14:42
no, but you could put him in a beastherd to protect him from shooting. I tend to make mine a scroll caddy, solo him and hide him in or close to a wood or something.

Later,

-Punk

Kerill
18-08-2007, 01:26
Indeed, you don't really want your scroll caddy charging hell for leather into combat as he will be with the chosen knights. If you give them a warrior familiar maybe but that isn't a viable option for a caddy here.

Depending on how you play btw you could probably eke out a magic phase with this list if you wanted to. By swapping for the bray shaman with staff (saves 20 points) then upgrading him to level 2 (-5 points). Give the bsb the biting blade and book of secrets (-35 points) and giving a magic level to the DP (-75 points) drop a spawn and a fury (0 points).

This will give you 6 power dice (compared to 3) and 8 dispel dice instead of 6. You could then consider swapping a dispel scroll for a power stone (or for a spell familiar and chaos armour). I don't think your army will have lost anything much from the trade but has become far more resilient to magic and against enemy armies you might be able to get some spells off. Go for fire for the exalted and DP for the chance of the flaming sword of rhuin and decent basic magic missile and beasts for the shaman for some game breaking spells and nice low casting levels.

Let us know how your matches went.

MalevolentDeath
18-08-2007, 05:37
Indeed, you don't really want your scroll caddy charging hell for leather into combat as he will be with the chosen knights. If you give them a warrior familiar maybe but that isn't a viable option for a caddy here.

Depending on how you play btw you could probably eke out a magic phase with this list if you wanted to. By swapping for the bray shaman with staff (saves 20 points) then upgrading him to level 2 (-5 points). Give the bsb the biting blade and book of secrets (-35 points) and giving a magic level to the DP (-75 points) drop a spawn and a fury (0 points).

This will give you 6 power dice (compared to 3) and 8 dispel dice instead of 6. You could then consider swapping a dispel scroll for a power stone (or for a spell familiar and chaos armour). I don't think your army will have lost anything much from the trade but has become far more resilient to magic and against enemy armies you might be able to get some spells off. Go for fire for the exalted and DP for the chance of the flaming sword of rhuin and decent basic magic missile and beasts for the shaman for some game breaking spells and nice low casting levels.

Let us know how your matches went.
I will take that all into consideration thanks for the help, and by the way I won my first match, it was against a tomb king army with crazy chariots and wizards. He conceeded to me in the middle of the fourth turn. And i dispelled all but 2 of his magic attacks. (sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I just thought I would answer your question)

Belerophon709
19-08-2007, 20:39
I have a slight issue with your knight regiments. Champions count as characters when shot at, so that means you have 4 RnF beside him. That means no 'Look Out, Sir!' for him. I'd either drop the champ or get another knight in each unit. I take it you'll be placing your aspiring champ in one of the regiments. It's imperative that you have either no champ in the regiment or enough RnF'ers to make sure he gets his 'Look Out, Sir!' (or maybe both - I run my characters with 6 strong champ-less units, so 2 of them will have to die before he loses his roll).

Bele

logan054
19-08-2007, 22:33
CHARACTERS
-DAEMON PRINCE
-Undivided,Blade of Ether, Soul Hunger, and Master of Mortals (375pts.)

I tried a daemon prince out several times it really isnt worth the points, you are better off with a exalted daemon with soul hunger and diabolic splendor.

-SORCERER OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Undivided, 2x Dispel Scoll, Barded Mount (151 pts.)

Seems fine to me

-ASPIRING CHAMPION OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, BSB, Sword of Might, Barded Mount (141 pts.)

How about gaze of the gods and sword of might to give the needed protection.

CORE
-1 UNIT OF 12 CHOSEN CHAOS WARRIORS
-Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Shield, MoK (297 pts.)
Its never worth making khorne chosen, your far better of with a unit of 15, warbanner and halberds, only slightly more points, you lose two attacks however you static combat res is two higher thus rather than two maybe wounds for res you have a automatic 2. Its also easier to get outnumber as you have to kill less models and now you strength 5 so its even easier.

Good

-1 UNIT OF 5 CHOSEN KNIGHTS
-Hand Weapons, Chaos Armor, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed, Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Undivided (275 pts.)

fine

-1 UNIT OF 5 KNIGHTS OF CHAOS
-Hand Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield, Barded, MoK, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion, Warbanner (285 pts.)

How about flesh banner? (personally i think your khorne cav isnt going to have problem breaking units anyways, the warbanner is far better of with infantry anyways).

SPECIAL

Not a big fan of these myself, i would take khorne minotaurs over these any day, faster, cause fear and still generate the dispel dice, also 3 is about the same point however they pursue 3D6

-CHAOS FURIES (8)
-(120 pts.)

Good

-1 UNIT OF 7 GORS/7 UNGORS BEAST HERD
-Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion (112 pts.)

Full command is a waste, all you need is a musician

RARE

-4 SPAWN OF CHAOS (240 pts.)

Hmm, tried this before its pretty funny but not all that good, i think you need two most, i think for these points id rather have dragon ogres or a giant.

Belerophon709
20-08-2007, 19:45
SPECIAL

Not a big fan of these myself, i would take khorne minotaurs over these any day, faster, cause fear and still generate the dispel dice, also 3 is about the same point however they pursue 3D6

And how exactly do you propose that he goes about having Khorne-taurs in an undivided list? Seems pretty impossible to me... ;)

logan054
20-08-2007, 22:03
well normal minotaurs then