PDA

View Full Version : UrbanDead - Games Workshop style

Odin
25-08-2005, 13:52
UrbanDead is a superb game, taking over my life to a certain extent! I just realised yesterday, how easy it would be to turn that game engine to other subjects. In particular I'm thinking Necromunda or Mordheim.

Picture this - the city is changed to Mordheim, and you can choose to be a Reiklander, Middenhiemer, Marienburger, Dwarf, Elf, Witch Hunter... Or you can choose to be a zombie, skeleton, ghoul or necromancer. Rather than automatically reviving, zombies and skeletons would have to wait to be revived by a Necromancer. The same rules could apply to barricading, fighting, searching etc. Elves could generate APs slightly quicker, Dwarfs slightly slower. (doesn't necessarily have to be Mordheim specifically come to think of it)

Or a Necromunda version, set in an area of the Hive which has been hit by the zombie plague. Choose your House, or be a Redemptionist, Scavvy, Ratskin, Enforcer...

So, anyone around here want to get started? ;)

C. Langana
25-08-2005, 14:07
The necromunda idea holds an awful lot of appeal for me.
Are we talking tabletop or computer here? Either way it sounds ace.

Odin
25-08-2005, 14:53
I'm talking about a massively multiplayer online game (have you played Urban Dead?). Seeing as Warhammer Online is, well, living in interesting times, something along the lines of UrbanDead would be just the thing.

warlordgrubnatz
25-08-2005, 15:11
i would be up for it but i don't realy have any coding skills- i like the necromuda idea better.

Oldbury
27-08-2005, 18:08
i have no coding skills what so ever but hey if you made it i'd play it especially the necromunda one

Regards Oldbury