PDA

View Full Version : Flying-Terror-Magic Greenskin army

Avian
17-08-2007, 16:03
I was reasonably happy with the Warboss on Wyvern + 2 Giants, so I thought I'd try out a Great Shaman on a Wyvern instead. Here goes:

Orc Great Shaman, lvl 4 @ 500 pts
-Best Basha
-Best Boss 'At
-Staff of Baduum
-Wyvern

Black Orc Big Boss @ 219 pts
-Armed to da Teef
-Heavy armour
-Battle Standard Bearer
-War Banner
-Boar Chariot

Orc Big Boss @ 115 (general)
-Akk'rit Axe
-Light armour & shield
-Boar

Goblin Shaman, lvl 2 @ 200 pts
-Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
-Wolf Chariot

5 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 76 pts
-Spear, short bow, light armour
-Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 76 pts
-Spear, short bow, light armour
-Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 71 pts
-Short bow, light armour
-Musician

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders @ 71 pts
-Spear, shield
-Musician

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders @ 71 pts
-Spear, shield
-Musician

12 Orc Boar Boyz @ 302 pts
-Spear, light armour, shield
-Full command

5 Savage Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns @ 186 pts
-Spear, shield, warpaint
-Standard & musician

7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers @ 105 pts

6 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers @ 90 pts

1 Giant @ 205 pts

1 Giant @ 205 pts

Total: 2492 pts

Not completely happy about it and I'm considering dropping the Staff of Baduum in exchange for another Savage Boar Boy and another Squig Hopper. Or some different magic items. I also find it somewhat amusing that my general is in fact the cheapest character I have.

Thoughts?

winter has ended
17-08-2007, 16:19
seems alright, i do sugest droping the best basha or the staff on the great shaman seeing as you can only use one of them
it does give you flexibilty with your spells
drop the staff like you said looking at it again as you want as many savage boys in combat as possible

Avian
17-08-2007, 16:24
The Staff of Baduum gives me +1 to casting rolls. You are probably thinking of the Skull Wand (or something). There is nothing that prevents a character from using a magic weapon and an arcane item (which are in any case used for quite different things). ;)

winter has ended
17-08-2007, 16:34
opps my bad wrong weapon lol, well it depnds what you asre doing with him, if your in combat but arnt going to be killing things maybe drop the other 2 and give him the waagh paint, its very nice having +3 to cast

Avian
17-08-2007, 16:42
Well, the thought was that he would fly around the enemy backfield casting spells, terrorising things and charging enemy units in the flank/rear while other units charged the front. Waaagh! Paint is nice (and very cheap), but I'm not sure how much time he is going to be spending in combat.

EDIT: But if I kick out the Staff and don't get a Hopper, I should be able to afford it with no problem, and I don't have any other Arcane item anyway. Hmmm.... :)