PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting a beasts of chaos army, 1000pt idea, please abuse

Tormentor of Slaanesh
25-08-2005, 17:16
I want a chaos army, heres an idea.

Wargor 120
heavy armour
shield
great weapon
dark heart
pelt of the dark young

Level 2 bray-shaman 180
slaanesh
staff of darkoth
dispell scroll

beast herd 151
12 gors, 2h/w
8 ungors
command group

beast herd 151
12 gors, 2h/w
8 ungors
command group

6 warhounds 36

3 minotaurs 198
slaanesh
standard and bloodkine
great weapons

spawn 60

chariot 85

Total: 981

One herd ambushes with hounds. minotuars bash heads, general and herd get stuck in, spawn attracts bullets, chariot stays with infantry, shaman distracts strong units.
Opinions?

ElfGuy
25-08-2005, 17:51
Your army seems quite small, and I think I know why.

The Wargor has a geat deal of equipment, you should probably just give him the Armour of Damnation, for protection, and a Great Weapon.

The Bray-Shaman is probably not going to be casting that much. Unless you can reliably cast two spells, your magic is rarely going to come into effect. You might simply want a level 1 with a Bray Staff and a Dispel Scroll. Unless you must have a Slannesh theme, you don't need the mark.

I don't like your Gor to Ungor ratio. You probably want 8 Gors and 12 Ungors, it's a cheaper unit and your more likely to get some Ungor spears in the mix.

You only need 5 Warhounds, their is no reason for six. Another unit of five would be helpful.

I would cut the Standard Bearer and Bloodkine from the Minotaurs and use the points to get a forth Minotaur. The Bloodkine is a lot of points for another attack and you want to avoid challenges in most cases. The unit standard is not bad at 1000 points, but I don't the the Minotuars require one. The Minotaurs are probably better off without the Mark of Slannesh.

The Spawn could really use the Mark of Slannesh, if you keep your other Slannesh marks.

I would try and fit in another unit of hounds and perhaps another chariot. That would give you a couple more units to play around with, and the chariot will provide some more hitting power.

Good luck with the beasts.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
25-08-2005, 20:16
well, the herds are like that cos that's how you buy them. what if I got rid of the marks and the bloodkine and standard and got another spawn?

Timber_Wolf
25-08-2005, 23:12
well, for 1k points, your characters are totally overequiped...
as said, go for the armor of damnation or even just a chaos armor and a greatweapon, that should do all thats needed, for the shaman, a simple dispell scroll should all you need.
for the saved points, get more beastmen, drop the slaanesh mark from the minos and get, well, more beastmen.
id also change the gor / ungor ratio as mentioned above.
if you ask about the spawn, id prefer adding another chariot, they are a bit more reliable and work good if used together with one herd

MarcoPollo
26-08-2005, 00:45
Perhaps you only need to have one shamman as a character. The gor champion has a higher ld than the shamman and you could get some more points out of the wargor. This could be used to get some chariots and some spawns.

Also, adjust your gor/ungor ratio to 8/12.

mangustheix
26-08-2005, 07:38
I have heard a lot about having a 12/8 Ungor/Gor ratio, but after a few games I am happy with mine straight from the box. It is risky, because the first round of shooting is probably going to cause a break test, but after that the gors' toughness 4 really helps to stop break tests. I found in a couple of games that if they made the first break test they just kept going for the rest of the game. If I have the 12U/8G ratio then I risk having two easy break tests.

Definitly to much stuff on your wargor, and I think changing the spawn for a second chariot is a good idea. getting rid of the standard and bloodkine in the minotaur unit is a good idea, gives you another minotaur or a unit of warhounds.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
26-08-2005, 13:03
Ok people, new plan.

Wargor 95
heavy armour
shield
great weapon
pelt of the dark young

Level 2 bray-shaman 160
staff of darkoth
dispell scroll

Wargor 114
heavy armour
battle standard
vitriolic totem

beast herd 151
12 gors, 2h/w
8 ungors
command group

beast herd 151
12 gors, 2h/w
8 ungors
command group

6 warhounds 36

3 minotaurs 138
great weapons

spawn 60

chariot 85

Total 990

I will pass more break tests now. Numbers are still a problem, another herd? would centigors be worth it?

Cpt. Drill
26-08-2005, 13:43
very powerful!

try and find the points to make your herds tzeench
to give your slaanesh wizard more power!

Tormentor of Slaanesh
26-08-2005, 19:15
herds can't have a mark. hey thats a point, can marked characters join none marked units?