PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

huitzilopochtli
20-08-2007, 14:59
at my last trip to GW a couple of rules came into question, and i'd just like to ask the experts here at warseer before i go back.

firstly, when wheeling and marching, do you deduct the wheel from the doubled movement value or before you double it? e.g. a unit with M4 wheels two inches. can they then march only 4 inches more? or do they have 6 inches left?

secondly, does the exception which applies to dispell scrolls (that several can be carried by one wizard, and that several wizards can carry them) also apply to power stones?

finally, can dispell scrolls and power stones be combined with other arcane items with a single character. (e.g. could a liche priest carry a dispell scroll and the hieratic jar? or could a wizard carry a scroll and a stone?)

thanks to all replies

Crube
20-08-2007, 15:02
1. Doubled movement
2. I know I said no, but the answer is in fact yes.... sorry
3. erm... pass :)

Atrahasis
20-08-2007, 15:29
1. Doubled movement

2. Yes. Page 122.

3. Yes. Page 122.

Festus
20-08-2007, 16:17
And he is so right again, our Atrahasis.

I'd like to add, however, that Wheeling is the only manoeuvre which can be performed while marching (if you do not count fast cavalry, who can reform during marching as well).

Festus

Crube
20-08-2007, 16:20
2. Yes. Page 122.

Really?

*heads off to unearth BRB*

By golly he's right, I'll be readjusting a couple of lists then - apologies, I've been doing my lists the other way for ages... *is embarrassed*

melgorth
20-08-2007, 19:52
Does that mean two arcane items can be taken by one character or does that only apply to combinations of dispell scrolls/other items?

Stella Cadente
20-08-2007, 20:09
Does that mean two arcane items can be taken by one character or does that only apply to combinations of dispell scrolls/other items?

I think it only applies to scrolls and stones, because there so damn common, so you could take a stone, a scroll and summit else arcane, or another scroll, or stone, etc etc

theunwantedbeing
20-08-2007, 20:15
You could get these answers out of the rulebook you know.....

page 121 explains all you need to know.

And yes,a mage can carry a number of scrolls/power stones and another arcane item.
(as stated in the page I referenced,as well as page 122 where it states about the power stones)