PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 2000pts list

rune
25-08-2005, 22:53
This is my current all comers 2000pt list with my Druchii army. Some may remember a previous rendition with a High Sorc as general & a Spellthirster Hydra. This list has the magic toned down from extreme to slightly above average, allowing more troops, chariots, and an actual fighting character.

Dark Elf Noble: 132pts
-sea dragon cloak, shield, lance
-Lifetaker, Blood Armor
(rides in cold one chariot)
Sorceress: 175pts
-Level 2 Upgrade
-Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll
Sorceress: 180pts
-Level 2 Upgrade
-Seal of Ghrond, Dispel Scroll
Total: 487pts

20 Corsairs: 250pts
-full command
-Warbanner
20 Corsairs: 225pts
-full command
12 Dark Elf Warriors: 159pts
-lordling, musician, rxbows, shields
5 Dark Riders: 127pts
-musician, rxbows
5 Dark Riders: 127pts
-musician, rxbows
Total: 888pts

2 Cold One Chariots w/spears: 194pts
5 Shades: 70pts
Total: 404pts

1 War Hydra: 220pts
Total:220pts

Grand Total: 1999pts

The deployment layout would consist of a unit of Corsairs to each side of the War Hydra, with a sorceress behind both Corsair units. The one with the darkstar cloak will take Dark Magic, the other will take Shadow or Death. One unit of shades will deploy as a rearguard, with the other two units hopefully scouting and causing delays as well as casualties and panic tests. The two units of dark riders will perform a similar task, with the obvious addition of speed. The rxbow warriors will deploy to the side of one of the Corsair units, providing some fire & then becoming a flanking or bait unit. The Noble general on one of the chariots will try to coordinate with the corsairs/hydra, and at the least perform a rank-negating flank charge. The other chariot will operate on the other flank, the one not occupied by the rxbow warriors.

I prefer to use the corsairs because I already own the models, and personally I think they're a damn good core choice for 10pts. Plus the army has a raiding theme, and the hydra is of a sea variety. As you can see I have no heavy cavalry, no characters on flying beasts, no flying beasts, no elite infantry or cavalry choices, no rare infantry or cavalry choices, and only 1 combat oriented character who doesnt even have a ward save. Despite this, I think its a decietfully effective combat army, using core infantry with supporting elements to get the job done. A potential of 76 repeater crossbow shots per turn helps, too. Reply with some comments and suggestions please. :D

rune
26-08-2005, 17:39
Nobody got anything to say?

If it sux lemme know man!