PDA

View Full Version : Character in a killed rank

Thanous
21-08-2007, 16:48
Ok, here's the situation in question. Say you have a unit with a frontage of 5 models with a character and full command. The unit gets charged. There are, say 7 casualties.

a) Does the character still get to attack?
b) Does the unit hero still attack?

theunwantedbeing
21-08-2007, 16:52
a) yes(assuming attacks werent directed at him which killed him)
b) no,he's dead.

Hmm I read that as unit of 5 models with a character taking 7 casualties.
hence my answers are entirely correct for my assumptions about the question ^_^

The unit champion(hero as you call it) gets to attack so long as he wasnt attacked and killed,or if the unit wasnt totally destroyed.

MindSlave
21-08-2007, 16:54
I would say yes to that. But, having not seen the new rules yet, I don't really know. As a House Rule, I always take casualties fron the rear anyway, so everyone gets plenty of attacks. More fun for everybody that way.

hope this helps anyway

Atrahasis
21-08-2007, 17:06
a) Yes, assuming attacks were not directed at him
b) Yes, assuming attacks were not directed at him and there were more than 6 other rank and file.

As for where casualties are removed from - they are always removed from the rear.

Wings of Doom
21-08-2007, 17:11
b) no,he's dead.

Incorrect.
If by 'unit hero', 'champion' is meant, then he still gets to attack as long as

No attacks have been specificly targeted at him and killed him,
The unit has not been wiped out

Page 81 paragraph 3- the enemy must specifically direct attacks against the champion if they want to kill him (or wipe out the unit).

Thanous
21-08-2007, 17:19
I get that they are not dead, but do they still attack? Did the enemy swarm around and avoid the unit champ and hero? Did the champ and hero get blocked on they way to their attacks by tripping over the dead bodies of the guys standing next to them?

Incorrect.
If by 'unit hero', 'champion' is meant, then he still gets to attack as long as

No attacks have been specificly targeted at him and killed him,
The unit has not been wiped out

Page 81 paragraph 3- the enemy must specifically direct attacks against the champion if they want to kill him (or wipe out the unit).

EvC
21-08-2007, 17:23
They get to attack.

Ref: Warseer forums, this thread, post 4