Shield; Standard; Musician; War Banner; Crypt Keeper

2 Spirit Hosts @ 130 Pts

5 Fell Bats @ 100 Pts

Casting Pool: 11
Dispel Pool: 7
Total Army Cost: 2000

Zoolander
22-08-2007, 01:26
I hope you meant Roster, not Rooster... cause a vampire rooster is nothing to scoff at!

Anyway, I'm not liking your list very much, if you don't mind me saying so. Let's take it from the top.

1) Vamp is fine, but 3 necros is a little extreme for this list considering the lack of skeletons present. I would probably drop one and take a thrall instead. Or bump up the skeleton units.

2) If you are using your ghouls as screeners, then you probably have too many of them. Probably only need 10 or so for that job. One unit of ten would be better than 2 units of 5, and so on. But if you have another use for them, then 25 may be fine. I'd still try to take them in units of 10 so when they're attacked they have a slight chance of living.

3) Zombies. God I hate Zombies. And zombies with musicians is even funnier. "In case you win the lottery and actually tie an opponent?" I would replace all those zombies with a couple big units of skellies instead. Leave the musician at home.

4) 10 skeleton warriors. Useless. Skeletons need to be 20 strong, if possible. With 10 you will crumble too fast to combat resolution. Further, you won't outnumber anyone except lone characters and monsters. You are not taking advantage of your main strength.

5) 20 GG - looks good. Banner of the Barrows might be a better banner, but that's not a huge deal.

6) 2 spirit hosts. Worthless. You barely outnumber war machine crew with that unit, and since the only way for most units to hurt you is to cause CR by outnumbering you, fielding 2 is asking for trouble. 3-4 is the number you want with them. Then they stand a chance against a much wider range of enemies.

7) Fell Bats. Could get away with 4 if you need the points, but 5 works well.

I'd try to squeeze a banshee in there if I could. She will work wonders for you.

Nickn
22-08-2007, 02:56
i think you could lose 1 unit of gouls 2 units of 5 work 5 work fine
drop 1 unit of zombies and te musican definetly increase the number of dudes in your skellie unit and maby take some black knights i also think dire wolves
are much needed

but i disagree with what zoolander says keep the 2 spirit hosts theyre good at flanking and march blocking they ARE NOT TO TAKE A UNIT ON THERE OWN!

good luck tho

Rabban
22-08-2007, 04:21
3) Zombies. God I hate Zombies. And zombies with musicians is even funnier. "In case you win the lottery and actually tie an opponent?" I would replace all those zombies with a couple big units of skellies instead. Leave the musician at home.

The musician costs a whole 5 points, that's less than a zombie. And I've seen mine cause a win on several occasions. When fighting units with out ranks (like most cavalry), and especially treemen and similar monsters. Fully ranked zombies with a standard and musician are guaranteed to win against any monster with 5 attacks or less (when fighting to the front). This makes them excellent for throwing against such targets.

paolo-m
22-08-2007, 10:24
I hope you meant Roster, not Rooster... cause a vampire rooster is nothing to scoff at!

Anyway, I'm not liking your list very much, if you don't mind me saying so. Let's take it from the top.

1) Vamp is fine, but 3 necros is a little extreme for this list considering the lack of skeletons present. I would probably drop one and take a thrall instead. Or bump up the skeleton units.

2) If you are using your ghouls as screeners, then you probably have too many of them. Probably only need 10 or so for that job. One unit of ten would be better than 2 units of 5, and so on. But if you have another use for them, then 25 may be fine. I'd still try to take them in units of 10 so when they're attacked they have a slight chance of living.

4) 10 skeleton warriors. Useless. Skeletons need to be 20 strong, if possible. With 10 you will crumble too fast to combat resolution. Further, you won't outnumber anyone except lone characters and monsters. You are not taking advantage of your main strength.

5) 20 GG - looks good. Banner of the Barrows might be a better banner, but that's not a huge deal.

6) 2 spirit hosts. Worthless. You barely outnumber war machine crew with that unit, and since the only way for most units to hurt you is to cause CR by outnumbering you, fielding 2 is asking for trouble. 3-4 is the number you want with them. Then they stand a chance against a much wider range of enemies.

7) Fell Bats. Could get away with 4 if you need the points, but 5 works well.

I'd try to squeeze a banshee in there if I could. She will work wonders for you.

yes of course i meant roster sorry ;-)

1) 3 necros are necessary, i need a powerful magic phase.. thrall is nice but not so strong and dies easily

2) ghouls have many more aims than what you think eheh

3) i quote Rabban in this case. i only add that i like zombies and they just have to stop enemy dangerous units for some turn

4) are you really sure that i'll never summon some skeletons? did you read how many power dices i have? :D:D

5) i prefer WB.. having +1 to CR always is better than hitting on 3+ i think..

6) i need them to stop empire's double steam tank (here in italy is a very common roster), and they can be used also for other things. i know they're not so good as they seem... only 2 bases 'cause 3+ are too expensive

7) 5 fell bats can also keep a table quarter, 4 or less can't

Necronoxz
23-08-2007, 12:10
1) 3 necros are necessary, i need a powerful magic phase.. thrall is nice but not so strong and dies easily

-a vampire thrall lvl 3 wizard is verry usefull unfortiny I have much proffit from this one... usealy I have al lvl 3 blood dragon thrall and a lvl 2 necro and it works...

2) ghouls have many more aims than what you think eheh

-ghouls I dont like them I more like dire wolfs much faster and you only need 3 to capture a quarter table ;) and verry good agains warmachines (they even hold up agains a envil form dwarfs last time a little luck hehe)

3) i quote Rabban in this case. i only add that i like zombies and they just have to stop enemy dangerous units for some turn

4) are you really sure that i'll never summon some skeletons? did you read how many power dices i have? :D:D

-with 10 power dice hhmmzz I hope for U that U keep your necromancers out of combat becouse if you dont hhmmm... you will see what happen.... smash no more necromancer so lose power dice I also think if you roll for your spells and U have vanhel's danse macabre and curese of years you dont like to give 1 up for invocation of nehek... so I think this sumoning will be a little harder than U think keep in mind that people also have dispell dice and dispel scrolls

7) 5 fell bats can also keep a table quarter, 4 or less can't

-again take dire wolfs!!!!!!

rexim
23-08-2007, 14:50
you dont take 5 fellbats to take a quater you take them to get a 15 " long cross fire zone, in turn 4 or 5 when they have killed a WM or so.
you should never ever field a lord in a power gameing avirement.
your ghouls should be 9 men strong, (3 for panik test and they surviev better)
acourding to me you have done it the wrong way with your blocks, zombies should be small blocks (to summon) and skelletons should be big blocks.
I would try to add the skill Summon Ghouls to your lords magic stuff as it is a hell of pain in the ass.

Azmazi
24-08-2007, 05:06
I can't stand zombies, but thats just my own opinion. The only thing I would switch is 1 unit of zombies to skeletons, this way you have another good unit to add bodies too.

Also I might add...Banner of Barrows saves more tbh. Because its always a hitting on a 3...even if something reduces you to ws1....or anything...always a 3+..not to mention for the most part, you want to get a lot of them to hit, so they have higher chances of that beautiful killing blow.