PDA

View Full Version : What's your chapter?

Icewalker
26-08-2005, 00:31
Yo

What's your chapter? If you use a different one, than just write out the name, primarch and traits/disadvantages. A little fluff only if you want to. I use Sons of Kasara. They use the rules for GKs but really aren't GKs.

daryl_ks
26-08-2005, 00:34
WHAT!!!! No Imperial Fists on that list!!!!

:)

Cheers!

Daryl

Puffin Magician
26-08-2005, 00:39
I play Brazen Claws, an Iron Hands successor Chapter.

Don't have the colours to paint them right now, so they're currently in an "Arctic Camouflage" scheme.

grey_painter
26-08-2005, 00:47
I'm a space wolf player through and through. Nothing like having an entire army that is based around individual heroics and sucidally brave charges.

*starts setting traps for the eventual appearance of Dark Angel players*

*gives up mid way through and starts drinking*

CrashMann
26-08-2005, 01:09
I play BA, but I'm in the middle of building an army for my son called Knights Astartes. It's a vanilla chapter.

Kahadras
26-08-2005, 01:12
Painting up a Blood Angels army atm. I am going for a moderate army over the cheesefests that I have seen in past years. Doing stuff like not taking jump packs on my Death company, limiting the amount of vet. sergeants I take and not going overboard on close combat should lead to a balanced list IMO.

Kahadras

Grand Warlord
26-08-2005, 01:37
Others - Knights Templars

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 01:38
Erm..., you forgot the Ultramarines, wich i play for example. I think, that they are a little bit more important as GWs posterchapter, than the technically dead Relictors. So i´m a little bit upset, that they arent in the list.

Fulgrim

Dranthar
26-08-2005, 01:40
I have two Chapters at the moment;

First is the Black Guard - a Raven Guard successor chapter that got the worst of the geneseed. Recruitment is slow, and those few that survive the transplant still occasionally revert back to creatures not unlike the abominations Corax created in his cloning attempts. I use the 13th company list to represent them (hard-core guerilla fighters with the weregeld mixed up with them), but frankly, they're kinda boring.

The Second is the MIGHTY DRAGON FISTS!!! Created from Imperial Fist geneseed, the Dragon Fists see themselves as the toughest, most hard core and above all the most FISTWORTHY Marines in the Galaxy. More reasonable Imperial observers however, would describe them as having no concern for their own safety and possesing the tactical finesse of a retarded 3-year old. They are probably right.

The MIGHTY DRAGON FISTS frown on 'weak' strategies like ambushes, guerilla warfare, reconnaisance and anything that implies that you either sit still or hide like weak dog. Instead, usual strategies (if you can call them that) involve a full-scale assault on the highest concentration of enemy forces, while conducting a simultaneous orbital bombardment of the same area.
The MIGHTY DRAGON FISTS enjoy a suprisingly high success rate in their campaigns, although they do tend to go through alot of recruits, and bionic replacements are a common sight within the chapters ranks.

DOUBLE THE FIST!!!

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 02:04
Well, i made an second poll about the other chapters. So all people who voted for "other" might vote there too.

Fulgrim

grazer
26-08-2005, 02:04
I've been a Blood Angels player for ages, since RT days actually. Although I loathe the 3rd Ed. of my boys and look forward to a more fluffy and less feral iteration with 4th edition.

I agre w/ Kahadras in making the BAs a codex chapter w/ flair, not a Vet Srg min/max army of CC doom.

starlight
26-08-2005, 02:12
Legio Phoenix Templar

Salamander Successor (shut up, you! :p ) from a group of Salamanders lost since the time of the Heresy. Crusade style, Salamander rules, mostly Salamander background, with some Templar-ish (crusades and such) flavouring and Roman Legion-like organisation. Razorback heavy, no *tanks* per se, WW very rare, no Bikes, only Attack Bikes, minimal Assault Squads, Dreads only for fire support - too valuable to risk in CC. I have quite a back story written, one day I'll post it.

Basically Loyalist Marines fighting valiantly to return to the Emperor's light. Boy, are they in for a surprise when they get home! :D

(I chose *other*)

Fulcrum
26-08-2005, 02:47
I play Blood Angels and I am planning on starting Night Lords.

Bestial Fury
26-08-2005, 02:51
Spacewolves for me both mainstream and 13th Co.

AmKhaibitu
26-08-2005, 03:37
Master Fulgrim, I resent that.
The Relictors are far from technically dead as shown by places such as http://www.relictors.com
And for the record we got a heap of WD articles not too long back.

We're most definately not dead, we're just hiding from people who do the work of traitors, we mean you Grey Knights... fetch!

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 03:48
Well, but your Relictors arent as popular and important for the Fluff as the Ultramarines, who are also a first foundingchapter like BA, DA and most other in this list. Dont take it personal, but they have a better PR in form of an nearly own codex (90% of C:SM is about UM), computergames (Chaos Gate), history (they are there since RT) and tausend and one WD-article. So they should replace the Relictors in my eyes, who arent as half wide spread, as the Ultramarines. My two cents about it.

Fulgrim

Gannon
26-08-2005, 03:52
Space Wolves baby! Ragnars Great Company. I do have a small contingent of Grey Knights to put the Chaos threat back in it's place as well.

AmKhaibitu
26-08-2005, 04:00
Master Fulgrim, if you look in the other poll you will see the smurfs grinning away happily from their vantage point at the top.

But having a codex dedicated mainly to them doesn't make them a better chapter, it just makes them more available to people. Which is not what we Relictors want.

Sure we have dæmon weapons and whatnot, but if they were available to everyone, then would they be special? of course not. We prefer to lurk on the periphery doing our job.
The rest of you may fight against normal threats, but you need us boys (and girls) to take on the real nasties.

That can not be disputed.
Besides at least this way we don't have to think up excuses why we're fighting each other. The likelyhood of me facing a brother across the table is extremely remote.

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 04:12
I know that, because i started the second poll.

And I dont want argue with you, why you have chosen your army. I just wonder, why a chapter with much more players isnt listed here, as all other of the "big five" can be seen here. And tell me what you want, but the Relictors are definitly dont belong to the big chapters.

Fulgrim

Gavmo
26-08-2005, 04:46
DOUBLE THE FIST!!!

Thank you! I was going to go for something along the lines of the Tears of the Phoneix chapter...
...But thats too WEAK!!!

I had been thinking about a Double the Fist chapter for a while now but I couldnt get a name that I liked. You have re-inspired me!

...Now, I just need a dreadnought so I can paint it orange with a white singlet...

Edit: I just thought of an awesome name! Fists of the Womp

Dranthar
26-08-2005, 05:35
Thank you! I was going to go for something along the lines of the Tears of the Phoneix chapter...
...But thats too WEAK!!!

I had been thinking about a Double the Fist chapter for a while now but I couldnt get a name that I liked. You have re-inspired me!

...Now, I just need a dreadnought so I can paint it orange with a white singlet...

Edit: I just thought of an awesome name! Fists of the Womp

Awesome, another DOUBLE THE FIST fan. :D

Chapter names....how about the FIST PANDAS!!! ORANGE FISTS!!! FISTS OF MEFISTO!!! FISTS OF THE FOXX!!! FISTS OF THE PANDA!!!
Hmm, basically, any variation of "FIST" and something else DTF related would probably do it.

Feel free to PM me if you want to get a better idea of what I've done with my MIGHTY DRAGON FISTS, background-wise. I've been working on an Index Astartes article which you may find useful in your quest for a FISTworthy chapter

Good luck, and DOUBLE THE FIST!!!

RAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

Wolflord Havoc
26-08-2005, 09:56
Hoooooooowwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Str10_hurts
26-08-2005, 10:11
Burn heretic for not including the mighty Ultramarines!!!

Guess what I play...

Inquisitor Maul
26-08-2005, 10:12
Way to much "fisting" going on in here :eek:

Me: Dark Angels and Raven Guard

REPENT!!!

Dante
26-08-2005, 10:23
Space Wolves (both variants) and some Blood Angels...

Crube
26-08-2005, 10:25
I have Ultramarines....

wel I say i have them, more like they're st in a box waiting till my Wood Elves get finished, oh and my Sisters, and undoubtedly the next shiny army to come my way...and...

Nazguire
26-08-2005, 10:45
Space Wolves technically

but background wise Night Wolves, using Space Wolves rules and models. Converted and so forth.

Tom
26-08-2005, 11:56
Doom Eagles. Boing.

Antaeus
26-08-2005, 11:58
I'm a Templars man and have been for years. And no, it's not because of their supposed rules advantages, believe it or not some of us like the Chapter's image, background and look on the tabletop (and the Limited Edition Emperor's Champion :)).

So yes, Black Templars for me. :)

highmarshaldave
26-08-2005, 17:51
Yup. Templars for me too. And yes, I DID start collecting them before Codex: Armageddon was released.

Dave out.

Xander-K
26-08-2005, 18:05
Blood Angels were my first army, although i'm getting put off them more and more everyday, how their vet assault squads are useless, how the death company are too powerful and chaplains HAVE to take them.

I also think vanilla marines look really boring (which is pretty much the models BA use), I much prefer the look of space wolf models although I don't want to play them as i'm not sure I could paint them too well, and their terminators are overpriced (pointswise).

deathblade
26-08-2005, 18:31
i play my chapter called the blood fangs. it uses space wolf modles and rules.

Luke
26-08-2005, 21:54
dark angels baby! they may be posers but they are rock solid and look hard as nails. and the deathwing is pure sex on a stick.

Captain Cortez
27-08-2005, 06:17
I used to play Raiven Guard, so I did choose that pick. The Marine armies that I do have are the Lamenters and Executioners.

Insane Psychopath
27-08-2005, 10:09
I got to go with Black Templars all the way.

KayvaanShrike
27-08-2005, 11:07
Woohoo go Raven Guard!!!!! I also have a Space Wolves amry, and the remnants of a Salamanders army, though most of those models were reposessed into my other armies.

simonr1978
27-08-2005, 19:12
I am so far the only Rainbow Warriors player I have ever met, or even heard of. I chose the chapter in the days of Rogue trader because despite the slightly naff name, I really liked the helmet stripes!

Fal
27-08-2005, 20:38
Raven Guard and my chapter called the Lusitanis Space Marines a Raven Guard Successor :angel: :D

marv335
27-08-2005, 20:47
Crimson Fists, the first marine chapter ever seen in 40k.

Broadside
27-08-2005, 21:01
i us to play dark angels but now i have my own chapter the Hellfists a imperial fist Successor chaper but i also own a pre hearasy and pre geanstealer invasion deathwing army
im still workin out the main combat doctrain for the hellfist but they red armour with white trim
i voted other

Rabid Bunny 666
27-08-2005, 21:06
Black Templars, purging the heathens since april '05

mostholycerebus
27-08-2005, 21:08
My chapter is a BA successor, the Blood of Sanguinius, also called "The Chalice". Their ultimate goal is to eventually purge the curse of the Blood Angels out of the chapter through selective breeding, while maintaining the purity of Sanguinius' geneseed. So far they have had some succes, but in many the curse still lingers. I play them either using BA rules, or traited with Blessed Be the Warriors, No Mercy - No Respite, and Aspire to Glory because they are a younger chapter.

Commander Dante
28-08-2005, 22:42
Blood Angels... Duh :angel: ;) :D

Xhalax
28-08-2005, 23:29
I run with the Wolves.

Always have and probably always will. I'll probably just end up doing a normal Space Wolf force after I've got my 13th Company all sorted, present and correct.

Dirt_Nappin'
29-08-2005, 00:05
Doing the Wolves myself. No need for other chapters as I found I prefer the challenge of my bugs more often.

BTW, Shouldn't this be a "What does the label say on your walking SPAM?" vote?

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Norn Queen to the newest broods:

Make sure you eat your veggies children. <Opening another Orc Dread>

Kensai X
29-08-2005, 00:21
Relictors all the way!

And we ain't dead...

!mpact
29-08-2005, 00:27
I have to agree with the question why UM arent int there. As far as I know they are the (by far) most played chapter. Nowadays getting closer is BTs, but UM still hold the strongst point as far as players go.

Me?
I play Space Wolves, making my own chapter with mainly SW rules- Laochra Kells(Warriors of Kells). Describe eslewhere in this forum.

Wiseman
29-08-2005, 04:29
im a dark angels player so they are my favorite, i use to collect ultramarines, but after realsiing how popular they were, i was sick of seeing 10 ultramarine armies for one of any other type of army

Angelus Mortis
30-08-2005, 11:05
Angels of Retribution. I use 'Be swift as the wind' and 'Blessed be the Warriors'. My disadvantages are 'Aspire to Glory' and 'We stand alone'. The Chapter takes the fast attack role to the extreme, using Bikes as troops and Assault Marines as Elites and Fast Attack as the core units. I add in ICs with Jump Packs (usually Librarian or Chaplain or both), LS Tornados, Vindicator, Whirlwind, a squad of Termies(occasionaly), Venerable Dreads and a Damocles. The entire list can move 12" a turn unless I have Termies or Dreads but they can be compensated for with Deep Strikes. The list plays very well and I love them to death.

Oldbury
30-08-2005, 11:28
I have an entire chapter of Ultramarines :D and also a new army of Salamander's

Regards Oldbury

berzerka
30-08-2005, 11:42
Im building on my own chapter called storm brothers. With geneseed of the storm lords which are a white scars successor. My chapter is based on speed as you could guess. No bikes though.

EffCee
30-08-2005, 12:27
Salamanders all the way for me. Green is my favourite colour (and I don't play Orks/Orcs) so it was a simple choice. Plus I love the whole volcano thing they have going on about them.

Piku
30-08-2005, 14:38
I develop a force which I named temporarily ' the cheese and the chives ones because of their livery. None the current chapters really they called upon me. The single precedents that I was concerned with provide are that they are exceptionally dim for quotient of intelligence really meanly of the infantry of navy. They have large coordination of color in any event.

Yorkiebar
30-08-2005, 15:11
I don't play Space Marines :eek:, but if I did I'd have to go for White Scars.

Dread Lime
30-08-2005, 16:49
Other- Darkened Suns (http://www.geocities.com/guardian36117/Darkened_Suns.html)

Reinnon
30-08-2005, 16:52
mine is the Knights of Machina, an off-shoot of iron hands.

the army list is on the 40K army list forum

Zazel
30-08-2005, 22:30
i have an old space marine chapter i used to play with years ago called Gothic Knights never bothered in the end with fluff just used to play with them as standard marines out the book

Orcdom
31-08-2005, 02:02
Dark angels and Doom Eagles (vanilla)
and future army not sure what but will probly be a white scar sucessor.
Steve

immortal99
31-08-2005, 07:26
ive just started on my made up chapter sons of ferrus manus which is a very recent second founding chapter of the iron hands :chrome: :chrome: :chrome:

sigur
31-08-2005, 10:29
If I ever felt tempted to play Marines, it could only be the Lamenters.

A neutral shade of black.
31-08-2005, 11:45
Custom-made chapter, the Sons of Liberty - the Sons of Malal in Imperial armour is the basic idea. :P
(Yes, I should shut up, since those aren't Imperial, but I can't resist the urge to imp Malal now that I've discovered how cool he is. ;))

Grand Warlord
31-08-2005, 12:23
I decided to go back to what originally brought me into the hobby ...

Knights Templar - Dark Angels Successor Chapter

bigred
31-08-2005, 13:58
Pre-Heresy Death Guard

Color Scheme
-White Armor
-Green Trim

Primarch: Mortarion

Traits:
Advantages:
-Have faith in your battle brothers (true grit/counter attack)
-Cleanse and Purify (dual plasmas in tac squads)

Disadvantages:
-Flesh over Steel (emphasis on infantry over tanks)
-Have Faith in suspicion (no librarians)

Preferred Army Weapons
-Multi-Melta
-Plasma Rifle
-Heavy Flamer

"Loyalists" to the end ;)

Alpharius
31-08-2005, 14:35
Relictors here, all the way!

(and well, er, Alpha Legion too...)

I find it ironic (and annoying) that the 'official' GW stance on the Relictors is as confusing and cloudly as the latest background material...

Best we can hope for: an "Official" 4th edition blessing from GW

What we'll probably get: Nothing. Neither for nor against.

(And I hear that there's already problems with using Relictors in UK based tournaments, though they'll still OK in the US)

Icewalker
31-08-2005, 17:59
I'm so happy that this thread hasn't died yet. I should shut up so as not to jinx myself, but thanks for voting and keeping this thread alive. I'm sorry for all you UM and Imp. Fists and other fist chapters for not including them.