PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Cultist/Alpha Legion

jp22102000
22-08-2007, 00:17
With the new Chaos Codex getting rid of legion specific rules, I was surprised to see that they didn't make Alpha Legion cultist a standard troop choice for all Chaos armies. Are the Alpha Legion the only ones who use cultist for anything?

thehairyshaso
22-08-2007, 00:31
Well, lets see... they are getting rid of the legion specific rules (I think that should answer the question)...

as for cultist, the codex is supposed to be geared towards Lost and the Damned... and cultists should naturally fall into that catagory. One would think.

Alpharius
22-08-2007, 02:36
Given the current trends in the various Army Codex lists now, I don't think we can say anything for certain.

Well, maybe if Jervis' kid likes it...

mistformsquirrel
22-08-2007, 03:49
Daemonworld is where we'll likely see Cultists and other Lost and the Damned style units appearing.

The new codex is about Chaos Marines specifically, focused on Renegade chapters.

I'm not getting into the debate on if its good or not, after all this is the background section - but that's the size of things at present.

That all said - no, I don't think Alpha Legion are the only ones to make use of cultists. It just wouldn't make *sense* that groups like the Word Bearers (for instance) /wouldn't/ try to utilize local cults.

That said, Alpha Legion is probably the most notorious for doing it.

Kandarin
22-08-2007, 03:56
The Alpha Legion are the biggest individual source of cults, but nevertheless the majority of Chaos cults in the galaxy have little or nothing to do with them.