PDA

View Full Version : Poll: "Other" chapters

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 01:43
I will bring in a poll abnout the other chapters, wich are forgotten in the other thread. So you will have a better sight about the spread of loyalists chapters.

Fulgrim

starlight
26-08-2005, 02:09
Legio Phoenix Templar

Salamander Successor (shut up, you! :p ) from a group of Salamanders lost since the time of the Heresy. Crusade style, Salamander rules, mostly Salamander background, with some Templar-ish (crusades and such) flavouring and Roman Legion-like organisation. Razorback heavy, no *tanks* per se, WW very rare, no Bikes, only Attack Bikes, minimal Assault Squads, Dreads only for fire support - too valuable to risk in CC. I have quite a back story written, one day I'll post it.

Basically Loyalist Marines fighting valiantly to return to the Emperor's light. Boy, are they in for a surprise when they get home! :D

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 02:21
Well, i still build up my 7th Company of the Ultramarines. But it will become more a mixed battleforce, which will include Space Marines of the 1st, 8th, 9th and 10th Company. So my force will be defacto a battlecompany.

Fulgrim

+_Void_Crusaders_+
26-08-2005, 02:26
Hey,
No blood angels or dark angels in there? I'd figure they're one of the bigins... I play a BA 2nd founding chapter (flesh renders) that were kinda lost in space and forgotten about. Also have the Void Crusaders Vanilla chapter (converting BA army ---> Void Crusaders)

starlight
26-08-2005, 02:26
See other poll.

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 02:35
Jep, see other poll.

Fulgrim

deathblade
26-08-2005, 03:53
i play a chapter called the blood fangs. made it my self. uses space wolf rules and modles.

Randallw
26-08-2005, 05:39
Mortifactors of course

Ultramarine 2nd-Founding

Significant Divergence (putting it mildly)

Advantages:
No Mercy, No Respite (or Death has no Mercy)
Uphold the Honour of the Emperor (or Death holds no Fear)

Disadvantages
Eye to Eye (All must face Death)
Death before Dishonour (Death holds no fear for the Mortifactors, as a result they sometimes are oblivious to risk)

Son of Morkai
26-08-2005, 05:59
In addition to my Space Wolves, I play Legion #2, the Legion of Dragons.

The army uses a mix of Space Marine and Daemonhunters units (using the allies rules), with Traits varying as needed. I have a complete backstory for them, from events pre-Heresy to why all record of them were deleted to their current actions (usually written as Inquisitorial reports). Now I just need to strip all my old models and paint them in their new color scheme...

Shadowheart
26-08-2005, 06:20
I don't "play" anything, but my Chapter of choice for those Space Marine minis we all inevitably end up with are the Angels Porphyr, which I assume are Primogenitors. I had a swathe of background posted on Portent ages ago which I've been meaning to rework. But I never manage to finish in one go, and every time I go back I've got more stuff I want to add or change.
Suffice it to say the Angels border on religious fanaticism and are bound to the letter of the Codex by a specific decree from Guilliman himself, who only gave the cult-like following of Porphyrius a Chapter of its own to prevent it from growing any further.

So game wise, they wouldn't have any special rules because the Ultramarines and their fellow Primogenitors would jump down their throats as soon as they did. If it were up to them though, I think the Angels would just as soon run at the enemy naked and armed only with spoons because it would be harder that way.

Anaxagorax
26-08-2005, 09:02
Mortifactors. I'm also thinking about starting a Marines Malevolent army.

:) Anax

Randallw
26-08-2005, 09:13
I can see how it might be hard to decide between a Chapter that would sacrifice an entire planet and one that would shell a refuge camp :D . Good to see another loyal Mortifactor.

Dante
26-08-2005, 10:25
Soul Drinkers... :cool:

Crube
26-08-2005, 10:26
Ultramarines, as per the other thread...

Gaebriel
26-08-2005, 11:06
Ultramarines, 5th Company, with the obvious additions from the 1st and 10th Companies, and inquisitorial allies for flavour.

I plan the whole Battle Company, including three 1st (including two squads of Tyrannic War Veterans), and two 10th Company squads. A Deathwatch kill team, a squad of Grey Knights, and two squads Adeptus Arbites.

This would be 178 models plus a few characters, but due to me wanting maximum versatility, it will more come down to 300. Around 30 Vehicles, and two Thunderhawks, if I should one day have a moment of insanity...

philbrad2
26-08-2005, 11:17
C'mon at least feature the 'big four/five' in your list!

for the record....

Blood Angels - been with me since late RT days
Space Wolves - sprang into life in late 2nd ed devleopment them more under 3rd ed.
Imperial Fists - my lastest (and WIP) SM force frpm revised Codex:SM's. On hold currently as I'm waiting for the BT's to come out want to field my Fists as a crusading chapter like the BT's - as well as allowing me time to finish my Tyranids
Grey Knights - smallish force (1000pts) for my DH's
Deathwatch - I actually have more DW than I first thought. I periodically do a couple of conversions to add to my DW detachment. Probably total around 30 SM, 3 killteams.

:chrome:

Gaebriel
26-08-2005, 11:22
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9950

erion
26-08-2005, 11:43
I'm slowly building up a Blood Ravens battle company.

Giladis
26-08-2005, 12:24
I have DA, BA from the time when I haven't thought about making my own chapter.
My first DIY was a UM succesor Space Urchins
I have four more DIY chapters - Midnight Guard, Eagles of Prandium, Scions of Calgar and the unnamed one

Currently I am working on another DIY chapter Astral/Stellar Knights/Warriors. Army is half way done just have to decide how to name them.

Master Fulgrim
26-08-2005, 21:40
Well, when i compare both polls, i see, that the Space Wolfes are the most popular chapter here to this point. But this polls is still young and will go on.

Fulgrim

Häxjägare
26-08-2005, 22:16
Grey Knights here

TitusAndronicus
27-08-2005, 01:19
Howling Griffons, dammit!

*shakes fist at those who always forget us in their polls*

;)