PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Army List - 2000pts

paolo-m
22-08-2007, 10:42
Exalted Chaos Champion @ 249 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Flail; Chaos Armour; Shield; Golden Eye of Tzeentch; Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Chaos Champion @ 249 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Chaos Armour; Shield; Gaze of the Gods; Disc of Tzeentch

Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 203 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Chaos Armour; Barding; Enchanted Shield; Dispel Scroll; Chaos Steed

Wargor @ 190 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; 2x Dispel Scroll

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 75 Pts
Flail

Flail

Flail

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

4 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 132 Pts

7 Chaos Furies @ 105 Pts

Beast Herd @ 113 Pts
Musician; 8 Gors & 8 Ungors; Champion

3 Dragon Ogres @ 237 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

3 Dragon Ogres @ 237 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

Casting Pool: 10
Dispel Pool: 6
Total Army Cost: 2000

no Dragon, a new try for a tournament

Zoolander
22-08-2007, 22:43
I think you need more muscle. You have two units of dragon ogres, but I would drop that to one unit and take two units of minotaurs with marks, or some marked knights. This list reminded me of my wood elf list. You have a lot of horsemen and hounds. I'm not sold you need that many.

Kerill
23-08-2007, 00:12
Where is your secondaspiring going? Why do you have an aspiring?

A flail can't be used in conjunction with a shield (although it can for shooting).

I would suggest droppping the aspiring altogether, mounting the second exalted on a steed instead of a disk, give him a spell familiar and with the spare points get 5 knights of Tzeentch with standard and war banner.

Also consider dropping a dispel scroll and great weapon for the wargor and getting him the staff of darkoth (or goretooth).

See if you can scrape a few points together to bulk out the ungor herd as well.

The dragon ogres are fine but if you find yourself stuck for points you can drop one unit for minotaurs.

manickze
23-08-2007, 04:49
I'd drop a unit of marauder horsemen for a Firewyrm.

Maybe even drop a champion for a unit of Knights

paolo-m
23-08-2007, 09:31
I think you need more muscle. You have two units of dragon ogres, but I would drop that to one unit and take two units of minotaurs with marks, or some marked knights. This list reminded me of my wood elf list. You have a lot of horsemen and hounds. I'm not sold you need that many.
dragonogres are stronger than minotaurs, even if with a mark.. S7 and higher M.. i don't need a relatively slow unit with M6
horsemen and hounds are always useful, trust me ;-)

Where is your secondaspiring going? Why do you have an aspiring?

A flail can't be used in conjunction with a shield (although it can for shooting).

I would suggest droppping the aspiring altogether, mounting the second exalted on a steed instead of a disk, give him a spell familiar and with the spare points get 5 knights of Tzeentch with standard and war banner.

Also consider dropping a dispel scroll and great weapon for the wargor and getting him the staff of darkoth (or goretooth).

See if you can scrape a few points together to bulk out the ungor herd as well.

The dragon ogres are fine but if you find yourself stuck for points you can drop one unit for minotaurs.
i have an aspiring because my pts were over ;-)
he's gonna stay with horsemen or even alone (except againts armies with many WM). aspiring adds power and dispel dices, one dispel scroll and however in another hero. i could drop the aspiring and one exalted and take a lord.. i would have the same power and dispel pools but a stronger model with Ld9 and 5At
what do you mean about flail and shield? i just have to choose in HtH which i want to use..

why should i mount second exalted on a steed?? disk is faster and i can always move 15"

I'd drop a unit of marauder horsemen for a Firewyrm.

Maybe even drop a champion for a unit of Knights

firewyrm is quite useless.. if i would take some spawn, i'd choose slaneesh ones.
knghts are extremely expensive to have only 1 at S5 (expect if chosen or khorne's), quite slow (only M7 and heavy cavalry). an empire knight costs 10 less pts for same M, better As and same At (at least in firts turn of charge)

winter has ended
23-08-2007, 09:47
no offence meant but if you post a list and just reject all the help you get then their wasnt much point posting your list up, and personally their are to few a models, very easy to make run by killing 2 or models in a unit and your heroes arnt exactly killy are they

paolo-m
23-08-2007, 10:16
no offence meant but if you post a list and just reject all the help you get then their wasnt much point posting your list up, and personally their are to few a models, very easy to make run by killing 2 or models in a unit and your heroes arnt exactly killy are they

the problem is that here in italy WHFB is played in a different way..
you won't see anyone neither with chaos knights nor minotaurs/firewyrms.

however, what would you call a "good Chaos roster"? what do you mean by increasing number of models? maybe chaos infantry?

winter has ended
23-08-2007, 10:25
yup some maruders and chariots just so you can stay around in combat and flank charge with cavelry

manickze
23-08-2007, 12:15
firewyrm is quite useless.. if i would take some spawn, i'd choose slaneesh ones.
knghts are extremely expensive to have only 1 at S5 (expect if chosen or khorne's), quite slow (only M7 and heavy cavalry). an empire knight costs 10 less pts for same M, better As and same At (at least in firts turn of charge)

Firewyrms are not useless, i've had many games where I've used them to deny a flank, and torch little girls hiding in woods. plus nice big units are awesome for putting a flamer template across large units...

Chaos knights don't lose their str in subsequent rounds of combat, they are usually hitting on 3s and wounding on 2s, They are also T4 and chew up empire knights for brekkie.

Please don't selectively discount aspects of these selections.:eyebrows:

manickze
23-08-2007, 12:24
the problem is that here in italy WHFB is played in a different way..
you won't see anyone neither with chaos knights nor minotaurs/firewyrms.

¿que? :eyebrows:, That's rather daft. Is it a cultural faux pa to not field good units?

rexim
23-08-2007, 14:16
if you dropp the asp. champ. you could uppgrade your wargor to a beast lord (100 pts) and then give him staff of change and some thing more (AoD or mayby a scroll)
minos are not better than DO but a hell of alot more points worth.
why the hell do you have sucha small heard? no more modells?

I would:
drop the asp
drop 2 DO and make the rest 1 unit of 4
put in a unite of 4 minos
uppgrade your wargor as i said
and get some more ungors

paolo-m
23-08-2007, 15:53
¿que? :eyebrows:, That's rather daft. Is it a cultural faux pa to not field good units?

we simply win ETC and uk GT using units that you consider not good

manickze
23-08-2007, 21:23
I highly doubt that's due to your heritage, just a select few players.

theunwantedbeing
23-08-2007, 21:37
You could drop the scroll to make the third guy an exaulted champion,that gives you 5pts.

The others seem decent enough.

You could remove a screamer easily enough,maybe get yourself another unit of warhounds.

Not much you can really do with that army without drastically changing it.

The aspiring champion could be swapped for a mounted sorcerer.

As for paulo's belief that firewyrms are quite useless....he clearly doesnt understand the usefulness of a breath weapon....that or his opponents make him use very small breath weapon templates instead of the standard really big one :P

Belerophon709
08-09-2007, 15:03
we simply win ETC and uk GT using units that you consider not good

Hahahaha - funniest thing I ever heard, considering the italians at this years ETC (and previous ones as well) were under accusation for cheating by several of the other teams - since no one had a camera at hand and pointed at the mafioso-style of play presented by the italians when they did this, there was no proof to present to the arrangers.

gerrymander61
08-09-2007, 16:35
All of your hurt is in very few models, none of which are amazingly resistant to death.

I'd highly suggest getting a firewyrm. Spawn are far from useless, and firewyrms aren't bad. They look bad on paper, but my friend uses them regularly and they can put out considerably more hurt than Joe spawn. But it's up to you, if you just want your spawn to be a thorn or to hold stuff up, then you don't need the firewyrmity, but don't write it off as awful. And you can't get slaanesh ones, your heroes all have MoT. silly.

I would not put infantry in your army. They're too slow to fit in. But if you do that, then def change the DO's to minotaurs because you then don't need M7on them.

Drop the 'we' crap about italians doing so well. Unless you were one of them, that is. It's annoying.

Oh, and ditto winter has ended's comment. I know you're like "but why is he commenting" but it's just cuz my skaven list would tear this too shreads. :)