PDA

View Full Version : Reaver Bow, -1 for multiple shots?

Major Defense
11-04-2005, 14:57
Just checking. Does the fact that the HE Reaver Bow's multiple shots come from a magic weapon somehow save it from the -1 modifier for multiple shots? I have a BRB right here and I can't find the comments about multiple shots.

DrCamf
11-04-2005, 17:06
no you don't get -1 for multiple shots from the reaver bow, as well as you don't get -1 from shooting multiple shoots from the HE and DE Boltthrowers and the WE Bow of Loren

Festus
11-04-2005, 17:11
Why not?

Asks Festus

Sylass
11-04-2005, 17:18
Strictly speaking, you only have to follow the multiple shots rules if the special rule is specially mentioned in the description of the weapon/war machine rules.

taer
11-04-2005, 17:19
It's another one of those things that would help if GW listed the rules governing it in the weapons description (eg. does it suffer -1 to hit for multiple shots or not) instead of having a generic rule listed in the rulebook, with no indication what weapons follow it.

That said, I don't think it suffers the hit modifier because it doesn't state multiple shotsX3, but rather may shoot three times in the shooting phase. But it still is vague.

Major Defense
11-04-2005, 19:21
Thanks, all. Glad I'm not crazy...or at least not such that you would notice. :D