PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Quest, Space Hulk, GorkaMorka

jpf1982
22-08-2007, 17:30
I'm aware that neither of these games are supported by GW anymore which is a shame, but I figured that doesn't have to stop us the loyal gamers of society from discussing and sharing our knowledge about them. I personally LOVE Warhammer Quest, I've ran multiple games over the course of years getting groups from Lvl1 to 10 and then see them die in a bloody heap at the feet of 2 or 3 greater Demons.

As far as Space Hulk, I'm unfortuneatly to young to have ever played it before it was given ye old axe, and the same goes for GorkaMorka. So for anyone interested in these games I say, POST HERE! I have a plethora of Warhammer Quest stuff, additional rules, charecters, and the like from which I've yanked out of old White Dwarf mag's and would be more than happy to discuss/share any of these that I can.

the1stpip
22-08-2007, 22:29
This is a good little site for WHQ.

here (http://users.frii.com/evil/whq/)

And for Space Hulk

here (http://www.spacehulk.co.nr/)

jpf1982
23-08-2007, 13:11
Excellent source, thanks for the post. There used to be a site up on the net called the WHQ Museum, that literally had scanned absolutely everything from the game and all its expansions providing them for free download. Unfortunatly GW killed them. Or threatened to kill them, either way they got shut down, but this place seems really helpful.

Unki Skarga
23-08-2007, 15:20
This is a good little site for WHQ.

here (http://users.frii.com/evil/whq/)

That was a blast-from-the-past. I've haven't been to that site in ten years. Good to see it's still up.

cyrus
16-10-2007, 10:00
Warhammer quest is one of GW's best games ever. I love the fact that after the adventure you have to reach a settlement and this is where the worst things can happen. Peep out my quest projects...

2_heads_talking
17-10-2007, 21:55
I have played both Gorkamorka and Space Hulk 2nd Ed.; both games are absolutely brilliant in my opinion, unfortunately there was only myself, my brother and my friend who were actually interested in Gorkamorka within my group of friends and, sadly, our interest in the game waned long before GW dropped all interest in them (which, admittedly, wasn't all that long).

Space Hulk, meanwhile, is still played regularly by myself and my girlfriend; in fact its the only GW game she has any interest in, mainly because besides a little bit of background the game is essentially a stand-alone and can be played as such.

Lord_Squinty
19-10-2007, 10:20
Space Hulk Link doesnt work.....

Space Hulk doesn't really need any suport from GW - you can easily get Termies and Genestealers and it's not too hard coming up with missions. The only difficulty is getting missions that are balanced.

Space Hulk is *IMHO* one of GW's finest hours.

Count Sinister
19-10-2007, 12:54
I have to agree - Space Hulk is pretty much perfect. It's amazing how the tension mounts when you consider that the rules are pretty simple. The jamming rule means that with every square that a genestealer advances on a space marine on overwatch, your heart is in your mouth. Excellent, excellent game. In fact, it's so good, that I've been toying with the idea for a while now of building a 3D board - basically, floor and walls with no ceiling to the corridors so that you can reach in to move the models around. This would, I think, make the game feel even MORE claustrophobic than it already is.
It's great that there are other people out there still enjoying the game.

wolfythedokta
20-10-2007, 18:10
Space Hulk is such an awesome game! We played it ages ago at GW because it was like summer half term or something it was so fun! =3

Patriarch
20-10-2007, 19:32
Space hulk is GW's best game IMO, we still paly 1st ed from time to time.

Another link:

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/

PS wolfythedokta, is that Bolton as in Lancashire?

golembane
05-01-2008, 07:01
Just Echoing what others have said... Space hulk and WHQ both are the summit of the Fantasy and 40K universe respectably.

I still have a full set of WHQ, everything from the Xpacks to all the character addons and WD added materials, that we play every couple weeks or so with a small group of us.

ThousandPlateaus
05-01-2008, 12:42
I love WHQ so much - it was GWs finest hour, I think. We played it whilst I was still at school (many years ago now) and we got some of the finest roleplaying I've ever taken part in from such a simple, beautifully crafted game.

I'll never forget some classic moments from those games - namely a room which kept filling with a never ending swarm of rats who leaped from a small crack in the ceiling alcove, and the day the face of my Witch was ripped apart, forcing her to constantly waste magic points by maintaining an artificial youthful viasge (she was very vain). So, so, so good that game.

ScooterinAB
07-01-2008, 06:14
I love all three. I really liked WHQ. My friends and I spent many days at a time (literally) playing. Unfortunately, unless you had a really dedicated or wealthy GM, it was impossible to play past a few levels. Amassing an all encompassing beastery of miniatures was pretty much impossible (at least for me).

Space Hulk was fun, although we found that the first mission was impossible to beat. We were all just too good at playing the Genestealers, and the game always ended with a horrible entrapment of the Terminators.

And Gorkamorka. Tear. I'm actually going to be joining a campaign (of sorts) fairly soon.

Truly great games came from this time. Before the dark times. Before the Empire... I mean 3rd edition 40k.

Patriarch
07-01-2008, 11:34
Truly great games came from this time. Before the dark times. Before the Empire... I mean 3rd edition 40k.

Your father's overwatch counters. He wanted you to have these when you were old enough.

Sorry.

ScooterinAB
11-01-2008, 00:10
Your father's overwatch counters. He wanted you to have these when you were old enough.

Lol. Good joke.