PDA

View Full Version : Luke paints the Butcher!

Luke
22-08-2007, 20:10
Hello my friends, I have decided to have a crack at painting that Butcher fellow from Warmachine since it is such a lovely model. I stuck it in general project logs as I didn't know whether steampunk fell under fantasy or not.

Here he is with the first dabs of paint. Expect fairly regular updates of this guy.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/nsrdude/My%20models/butcher1.jpg

I also want your feedback on how to do this mini.

1: I was going to go nmm. I aint too bad at that, then again my metals aren't bad either.

2: What colour should I do his armour? I guess red but I would like something different but still fitting.

Many thanks!

Toschenko
22-08-2007, 20:30
Subscribed, as I always loved this mini and I'm really interested in seeing what someone with your painting skills can achieve on him.

On khadorian red is essential, you can keep it to a minimum using some neutral brown or contrast with a green (as you are already doing...), or go with a worn looking red armour, displaying battle damage or a "white wash" look, like a winter camo hastily painted over

Go Luke!

Luke
22-08-2007, 20:43
Thank you Toschenko. There will be no more photo updates tonight as the light is now poor here in UK, however I have finished his boot leather and am starting on his heel cap things. I am taking the nmm route I think.

BarbedHawk
22-08-2007, 21:47
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this, consider me subscribed. :)

As for the armour, recently there were some examples (A search should do it) of yellow Khador. At first I wasn't too sure about the idea, but the results were extremely good, just as fitting as the usual red. It's a good route to go down if you're confident with yellows or just want a challenge.

Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to seeing it. ;)

Crube
22-08-2007, 21:49
Should be good... great model and I'm sure you'll do it justice.

i'd go for red personally.

Scanno
23-08-2007, 00:03
While I'd love to see a bit of variation on a Warmachine colour scheme, he'd probably just look wierd not in red.

Good luck with him, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Luke
23-08-2007, 11:15
Ok so here he is now.
I decided to do his armour in a silver metal and I think his coat shall be a deep crimson colour.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1254/butcher2pp4.jpg

Toschenko
23-08-2007, 12:01
Looking very good Luke, and with an interesting choice of colors. I'll wait the rest with impatience!

Discover&See
23-08-2007, 16:19
looking good there good choice of colours and the trousers are really done well great depth in tone there. will be interesting to see how this comes out, good luck! :D

Best regards
Discover&See.

Luke
23-08-2007, 16:29
Thanks :) NOt much more done today as I have been building skaven and painting tau turrets. Maybe tonight I'll aim to get that crotch armour done :p.