PDA

View Full Version : The 'save those models' and touch-up challenge!

zealot!
22-08-2007, 23:24
Allright here it is guys. I just saved about 600 points of Eldar from the doom of being half-painted in a box. I went out and got the codex and enough guys to finish 1500 points. I painted them to a very meager table-top standard and have played with them a little. Since they've done so well for me (see sig) I decided they deserve a real touch-up! So to make sure I finish touching these up I'm gonna challenge each and every one of you to grab some unfinished project (saving models) or one of your 'table-top' armies and get it lookin pretty sweet by September 3rd. We can use this thread to post up pics when we're done with what we're doing and to egg eachother on. Post your progress as much as you'd like. Lists are cool too. Here's mine. (just changed it up a little - tryin it without dire avengers)

210 Venerable Farseer Alder Mapelson [a counts-as Eldrad]

179 Guardians(x18) with Bright Lance (Warlock with Conceal)
144 Guardians(x10) with Scatter Laser (Warlock with Singing Spear and Embolden)

120 Pathfinders(x5)
120 Pathfinders(x5)

76 Guardian Jetbikes (x3) with Shuriken Cannon

108 Fire Dragons(x5) (Exarch with Dragon's Breath Flamer)
185 Wave Serpent with TLEM, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones, and Star Engines

205 Falcon with Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones, and Holofields

155 Wraithlord with Bright Lance and Eldar Missile Launcher

I'm gonna go get back to work. So who's in?

Death Korp
22-08-2007, 23:30
I would be in but......

I still need to strip my Chaos Army down, and thats alot :cries: and i have to have my Dad with me to do it (he works shifts now damn it) . So i will sit here and watch this log go by. Sounds interesting....

P.S If i do get my Chaos stripped down in time, i might do it...but you would have to make it a later date to finish.

Cheers

DK

Merceus
22-08-2007, 23:54
I've already got a personal one of these for myself (and all my armies)(see sig), but I suppose I could finish off my Nids... not much left though

8 Genestealers
8 Hormagaunts
8 Termagants
1 Carnifex

But I can't start until Sunday... which doesn't leave me very long... why does it have to be by the 3rd?

zealot!
23-08-2007, 00:22
hey it doesnt matter if its only that many models. mine are painted and im just gonna go through with each color and touch them up. darken up the darks and add new highlights. im doin some more gem stones too (on the pathfinders and the tanks)

death korp - if you can get em stripped i bet you can get a tabletop job done by the 3rd

merceus - i knowwwwww you can get those done by the 3rd. the reason the date is there is to motivate!

IF YOU CAN'T GET IT ALL DONE SET A REASONABLE GOAL FOR YOUSELF

Death Korp
23-08-2007, 11:32
Ok then, i'll do 2 squads of Chaos and (mabye) a Lord. If they are stripped in time.

DK

the_flash
23-08-2007, 13:16
Hmmm, I'm doing touch ups anyway so 'i'll see what i find to post here...

Merceus
23-08-2007, 21:08
Well... I suppose its more time then I initially thought (I worked out its about a week after I get back to the painting table)... So I'll put my Chaos, LatD, Titan and everything else to the side and paint Nids like there's no tommorrow... which there isn't...

zealot!
23-08-2007, 21:25
awesome man - im excited to see some progress pics.

Merceus
23-08-2007, 21:39
You gonna be postin any pics of your guys? Just wondering cos there havent been any yet :)

zealot!
23-08-2007, 22:19
here's some WIP pics from my shoddy cell phone cam - sry about the light/blurryness. ill use a better pic next time so you can see some details. lol

zeek jr.
25-08-2007, 09:26
hey i have just finished a 1k point lizardmen army and have just started a nurgle army, so far painted in nurgle i have a dready a lord 15 marines and a rhino and i am finishing off another 5 marines 2 have 2 sqauds of 10, but i dotn realy have anything to touch up maybe my skinks which were pritiy rushed but my kroxigors are wicked, but although i have fully painted 2 kroxigors and halfway though the 3rd and cant realy be stuffed to paint it cause i wana get 1k points of nurgle done and i also have a salamander and crew unfinished but looking alright, il post up some pics of my salie and kroxigor wen i finish them and hopefully this log will inspire me tonot just give up

heres my kroxigor ancient

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/beckerj9876/P8160181.jpg

Merceus
25-08-2007, 10:16
Hurray! :D People finally posting stuff! I should be able to get started tonight... assuming I'm not too busy with my Defiler...

zealot!
25-08-2007, 16:00
zeek, the model looks pretty damn good. i really like the base a lot.

Death Korp
25-08-2007, 22:47
Problem, i'll switch a bit. I'll do my Templars instead, as they are undercoated black and ready to paint.

I'll do:

10x Crusaders
1x Rhino
5x Neophytes

You can see some of the stuff i've painted already in my Project Log in my sig. Can't do anything else as i have no glue :(.

Nice Kroxigor by the way zeek.

DK

Merceus
25-08-2007, 23:17
I may not be in anymore... I have a very busy week ahead of me... so you know, I'll try and do what I can, but I cant make any promises :(

zeek jr.
26-08-2007, 11:30
hey everyone, the base on my kroxigor was realy simple but effective. for the rock i used piece of cork then another piece ontop of that then painted it codex grey with fortress grey drybrush and then added some clump folige to it and then some static grass. it makes a realy effective look to the base

Merceus
26-08-2007, 11:37
Looks great :D What kind of places can you get Cork from?

I wont be doing my Nids as I promised some people I'd have my new 'Defiler' ready for Thursday, so I'll be doing that instead...

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5085/starscreamcomplete1et9.jpg

zealot!
02-09-2007, 20:44
every1 ready to post up some finished pics tomorrow? i have like 2 hours to go. :-)

zealot!
04-09-2007, 00:03
well if no one else cares, i dont.

zeek jr.
08-09-2007, 06:06
Looks great What kind of places can you get Cork from?

well 2 be honest i stole the cork from school but u can get it from any hobby shop and its cheap and allthought it is to late and i have failed the challenge i will still post up my sallie, crew and kroxigor which i have been working on 2day