PDA

View Full Version : 1k Dwarf Army help me out

Dwarf Runelord 45
23-08-2007, 23:58
Im going to play my friend who plays brets and i've never played them before so heres my list:

Characters:
Thane
hand weapons, great weapons, heavy armor & oath stone

Core Units
16 Warriors
Full command, hand weapons, great weapons, heavy weapons

12 Thunderers
hand weapons, light armor, shields

10 Thunderers
hand weapons, light armor

Special Units
16 Ironbreakers
Ironbeard, standard bearer, Gromil armor, shields, hands weapons, Rune of battle

Rare Units
Organ Gun

Ok thats it im going to put the thane with the ironbreakers so they have no rear or flanks but other than that i have no idea what im doin. soooo help?

RavenBloodwind
24-08-2007, 14:00
The issues you face against brettonians are:
1) Highly mobile knights
2) Said knights get an obscene number of high strength attacks due to the lance formation
3) Said knights (and the rest of the army) will have a ward save against shooting

To address thes issues try:
1) not worrying about him charging
2) taking larger units to maximize static CR
3) if you want to shoot them, do lots of it

I'd strongly consider dropping the organ gun in favor of 2 bolt throwers. The bolt throwers have great range and can potentially kill 3 knights (3x3 lance formation) in a single shot. With engineers they'll have BS4 and still be cheaper than the organ gun.

The other key issue I see is the oathstone. While it looks cool and has some effectiveness, if you lock your one character in place for the remainder of the game, the highly mobile enemy can avoid him and pick the remainder of your army apart.

Dwarf Runelord 45
25-08-2007, 18:03
thanx but how will this do againest a lizardmen army because brets and lizardmen are the armies i'll be facing the most.