PDA

View Full Version : The Overstimulation of cirtain chaos marines...

RedStompa
24-08-2007, 22:20
OK, so here is/are the question(s)

If you somehow caught a Khorne Bezerker, or Emperor's Children Noise marine and removed all their weapons, and then isolated them what would happen?

The Room for the Noise Marine goes as follows: Dull grey walls, once every 1 hour the room would be filled with bright light and lots and lots of noise.

The Room for the Khorne Bezerker goes as follows: A room with red walls and a tiny hole in the cieling that would drop one drop of fake blood every 2 seconds.

The Questions: What would they do? How would they interact with eachother if they were put in the same room? How much would you pay to see this?

and: What exactly causes the random laughter or screaming associated with these types of marines? Pure insanity? The warp running wild in their minds?

Arcanus
24-08-2007, 22:33
They would wither and die. The Noise Marine and The Khorne Beserker would probably fight if they were in the same room because Khorne hates Slaanesh and Slaanesh hates Khorne. It's pure insanity that causes their random behavior.

RedStompa
24-08-2007, 22:41
Cmon lets be real, SPace marines are not Flowers or plants like orks, they won't shrivel up, they would do something.

Who would win that fight? Would the noise marine be unable to see and become effectively blind or could he fight back?

Rabid Bunny 666
24-08-2007, 23:08
The Room for the Noise Marine goes as follows: Dull grey walls, once every 1 hour the room would be filled with bright light and lots and lots of noise.

Rave.

The Room for the Khorne Bezerker goes as follows: A room with red walls and a tiny hole in the cieling that would drop one drop of fake blood every 2 seconds.

Drown.

Arcanus
24-08-2007, 23:09
Rave.

Drown.

I'm about to cry, that's how funny it is.

Born Again
25-08-2007, 02:54
The noise marine acts like any drug addict in this situation, after all that's effectively what they are, although the drugs are hormonal and emotional reactions triggered by noise and light. So they spend a very miserable 59 minutes, possibly getting violent, before having pure ecstasy (pun not intended) when the lights come on.

The berzerker would either punch a whole in the ceiling to find out where the blood was coming from, or be able to smell that it wasn't real blood, spending his time thinking of ways to kill his captors when he gets out.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 03:06
The noise marine acts like any drug addict in this situation, after all that's effectively what they are, although the drugs are hormonal and emotional reactions triggered by noise and light. So they spend a very miserable 59 minutes, possibly getting violent, before having pure ecstasy (pun not intended) when the lights come on.

The berzerker would either punch a whole in the ceiling to find out where the blood was coming from, or be able to smell that it wasn't real blood, spending his time thinking of ways to kill his captors when he gets out.

Well they'd do that but overtime they would wither and die from having no sustainace given to them.

Born Again
25-08-2007, 04:24
For the sake of the discussion, I think we can assume that basic life supporting needs like food are taken care of in some way. Otherwise, they die. End of discussion. Which is not really interesting. What happens up until that point?

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 04:32
For the sake of the discussion, I think we can assume that basic life supporting needs like food are taken care of in some way. Otherwise, they die. End of discussion. Which is not really interesting. What happens up until that point?

Well maybe, they want them to die? Maybe the rooms are a kind of device being used by a inquisitor to torture the Chaos Space Marines.

Born Again
25-08-2007, 04:37
:D That's an idea I like. Pretty cruel and unusual form of punishment, I can imagine some of the more radical Inquisitors using this to extract info before leaving them to starve. Also, Dark Eldar haemonculus could use it to torture souls to be used in some sort of device or psychic technology.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 04:40
:D That's an idea I like. Pretty cruel and unusual form of punishment, I can imagine some of the more radical Inquisitors using this to extract info before leaving them to starve. Also, Dark Eldar haemonculus could use it to torture souls to be used in some sort of device or psychic technology.

Yeah that sounds like something I could see a very sadistic inquisitor doing. I wouldn't think that would be used by a radical inquisitor. I could see it being used by an Ultra-puritan inquisitor who extremely hates Chaos and its followers.

Born Again
25-08-2007, 04:42
Hmmm... suppose it depends on the viewpoint... torture and cruelty may seem radical to us today, but yeah, in the Imperium that's probably seen as the correct and proper way for puritans to treat Chaos followers.

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 04:51
Hmmm... suppose it depends on the viewpoint... torture and cruelty may seem radical to us today, but yeah, in the Imperium that's probably seen as the correct and proper way for puritans to treat Chaos followers.

Yeah it's hard to get a 40k mindset of what is right and wrong in an Imperial sense. In some cases the radical inquisitor could be the inquisitor whose beliefs are very tame compared to the Thorian idea using studying Chaos to find out how to give the Emperor a new body.

DarkAzrael169
25-08-2007, 08:25
Nagh...they would both go crazy(Like a rampage, kinda like the BERSERKER) and eventually break out. The real question is more like what about the Nurgleith Chaos space Marine. Feeding him flesh every 30 minutes?

Adra
25-08-2007, 08:43
They are still marines...providing u keep them fed they would be happy enough in their cells....ofc they would go more and more insane as time went by....their reality totaly slipping from them and turning them into animals...not that they are far away as it is.

nazrag
25-08-2007, 09:27
Nagh...they would both go crazy(Like a rampage, kinda like the BERSERKER) and eventually break out. The real question is more like what about the Nurgleith Chaos space Marine. Feeding him flesh every 30 minutes?

nah..you'd just drop soap water at him every 5 minuttes or so :D

Vesica
25-08-2007, 13:22
lol, i loved the above post.

I think the slaanshi one would probably get very very bored with the lack of shiney stuff.

And the Khorni one would probably just try and.....urm mabye just sit there and contemplate the meaning of life mabye.

izandral
25-08-2007, 15:11
berserker don't value their life , if they die it's one more skull for the throne. So i would think it would go berserk on the room to try and get out and kill everything. Probably dying from his injury trying to break the wall

as for the noise marine , well at first he might actually like it. Sensory deprivation is a new experience in it self and then from nothing to overload for but a minute. he would like it , the first few time , then he would get bored and possibly go berserk to get out or catanonic in a corner. Or maybe just self inflict new wounds to pass the time , just to try new stuff to pass time

Luthien
25-08-2007, 17:27
They'd chew their way out 'cos they can spit acid

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 17:29
They'd chew their way out 'cos they can spit acid

I bet the room was acid proof and such so the Chaos Space Marines could get out because chances are it was being done by Imperials, who know about the acid spitting.

cromdubh
25-08-2007, 18:28
I would picture the Bezerker being a bit like the soldier who was infected by the virus Rage and chained up, in the film, 28 DAYS LATER.

The noise Marine would probably spend the time bashing one out :D

Arcanus
25-08-2007, 18:33
I would picture the Bezerker being a bit like the soldier who was infected by the virus Rage and chained up, in the film, 28 DAYS LATER.

The noise Marine would probably spend the time bashing one out :D

Yeah, just running around in circle until someone releases him to cause havoc inside the testing facility.

azimaith
28-08-2007, 12:54
Considering their stimulation comes from the warp more than anything else they would probably perfectly fine, though less entertained than normal. After all, Khorne Berserkers can't spend all their time fighting nor can Slannesh marines spend all their time in sensory stimulus. They have time they have to do other things to fly their ships, formulate plans, clean and repair weaponry and so on.

The Berserker would probably take out his violent impulses on the room waiting for a chance to get out. The slannesh marine would amuse himself, granted, not as well as he could with say a gun, but still.

the hivemind
28-08-2007, 13:28
yeah they would both probably be bored and take matters into their own hands, or in the noisemarines case take matter into his own hands;). *snicker*