Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: chaos symbol as a tattoo

Brother Sergeant

chaos symbol as a tattoo

im planning on getting the eight pointed star somewhere and have concluded that the four powers will go along at the points (top and bottom, left and right) but i dont know what should go in the star and if anything should go on the diagonal points. thx in advance for any replies.

Re: chaos symbol as a tattoo

FW did a Chaos symbol with a horned skull in the middle of the star. I think that would make for some cool ink. If you don't like the Khorne symbol on the skulls forehead, then leave it out.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...YMBOLS_10.html

You could make the inside of the circle look like teeth, similar to the world eaters symbol (minus the planet getting eaten).Then on the other 4 points you could put skulls (if it still looks like it's missing something) .
    Last edited by skullman86; 13-09-2007 at 03:03.

Chapter Master mistformsquirrel's Avatar

I just have to say - we need pics when its done. >.>
    I'm going to take a break from Warseer for a bit to deal with my bipolar, which is acting up ferociously lately. Please accept my apologies for any insult or offense I may have caused - though I feel my sentiment was correct, I have been overly aggressive and hostile of late; and I am sorry for that.

Hopefully I will return in better mental working order. Good luck all!

Banned

Well, let me tell you...

As the owner of an Imperial Eagle Tat, make sure you agree with what it stands for, so you don't feel like an idiot later.

As for me, I totally agree that Humanity should be united toward one goal, therefore my tat feels totally justified.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RexTalon View Post
    Well, let me tell you...

As the owner of an Imperial Eagle Tat, make sure you agree with what it stands for, so you don't feel like an idiot later.

As for me, I totally agree that Humanity should be united toward one goal, therefore my tat feels totally justified.
    I saw a thread about this at the B & C once, and I heard that people often mistake the Aquila (Imperial Eagle) for some kind of Nazi thing. Is that true?

Chapter Master mistformsquirrel's Avatar

Yeah,the Aquila was, in one form, used by the Nazis.

It is NOT a Nazi symbol, but rather a symbol appropriated by them.

Sadly very few people know or care to make that distinction.

(The Swastika for example, was a Hindi symbol I believe, though it was also found in Native American culture as well. Though the Hindi/NA Swastika was the opposite facing I think)
    I'm going to take a break from Warseer for a bit to deal with my bipolar, which is acting up ferociously lately. Please accept my apologies for any insult or offense I may have caused - though I feel my sentiment was correct, I have been overly aggressive and hostile of late; and I am sorry for that.

Hopefully I will return in better mental working order. Good luck all!

Banned

Well, I think the idea is that actually GW uses a lot of pseudo-Nazi symbols to represent the fascist nature of the Imperium. The GW style aquila does look very much like a Nazi eagle, but it isn't exactly the same. I would just always be worried if I had an Aquila tattoo that people would think I was a white supremacist or something...

Yeah, the Buddhist Swastika goes in the other direction and is called a Swavastika, but they both stand for the same thing - the cycle of life. It's all over the place in Taiwan and other Asian countries. (and in fact, I actually saw a Nazi flag in someone's apartment window in Taiwan! The person must have been confused)

But back on topic, I think the Chaos star is a really cool idea for a tattoo, and I hope you post up a pic when you get it.

You should put the Eye of Horus in the middle.
    Praise not the day until the evening has come; the woman until she has been burnt; the sword until it has been tried; the maiden until she is married; the ice until it has been crossed; or the beer until it has been drunk - Viking Proverb

"In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity, look to the madman to show the way. "

Banned

I have had one person approach me, on behalf of a group of people that didn't have the balls to ask me themselves, if it was Nazi related.

Xenocidal Maniac, (love the name) you might be interested to know that in Korea (Some Koreans spell it with a "C" by the way) there is a sect of people who frequent nightclubs with a Nazi theme. The Koreans are very proud and they see the Nazi "culture" as sharing this ideal and therefore worthy of respect.

i myself would love to have the icon of chaos on my flesh.

the greatist thing that i would like is the eye in the center
    I feel the warp overtaking me
    it is a good pain

Is the Aquila suppose to be based off of the Nazi eagle or possibly a Roman or other countries eagle? As much as the Imperium takes from Rome/Greece, I would have thought it came from there.

Hope you're still playing chaos by the time your 70....

You guys have seen this, haven't you??

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1229/eagletatdu7.jpg

And, no it's not me. Think it was from the old Portent forums though.

where dies gw stand on this theft of it's ip

With a hot iron ha ha
    It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver83 View Post
    where dies gw stand on this theft of it's ip
    It is something you cannot do.

Hellebore
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

haha did u know that if you go to Nottingham and ask a taxi driver to take you to "The Nazi Building" they will take you to Warhammer world seriously try it, it works.

The Nazi's took the aquila symbol from the Roman empire and it was used by them along with the Swastika so people can, i think, be forgiven for making the mistake.

Im all for simplicity so why not keep the chaos symbol simple but with irregular length points (like the chaos renedage brass etched ones from forge world) and alo have it off centre....symetry isnt so cool :P

As for IP...they cant stop you from doing it...and cant take it away from you.....but maybe dont use it to advertise anything ok
    "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules." - Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski.

"I believe a Tervigon is an old, old wooden ship, used during the Civil War era." - Spider-Pope

i actual have a chaos star tattooon my right arm done in the style of the mark of chos star...looks good. i like. and it didnt hurt a bit!

bad idea imho
    PAINT YOUR TOYS
    "The Dice is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast