Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Noserendas Pre Heresy Alpha Legion

Re: Noserendas Pre Heresy Alpha Legion

love the assault marines the champ looks ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_NinjaPants View Post
    Abbadon's got about the same success rate as Cobra command....

Having finally sorted out getting a camera, someone roughly capable of using it, and my army in the same place I can finally produce Updates! Ive had rocky progress, mostly stymied by the damn scout squad, but heres whats been done so far...

Painted Commander!

Updated Apothecary (Changed Backpack)
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    29/11/13 Odds and sods since Betrayal
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

And my bane, destroyer of enthusiasm (And sadly necessary troops choice), my Scouts...

I need to decide where thier camo is going, and sort the balck, and finish highlights... Gah, now they seem even less done than before...

I cheered myself up by doing a conversion for Captain Fortronus from bell of Lost Souls HH Campaign pack (Which is awesome btw).
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Fortunately I also have TERMINATORS buahahahaha
    (Also WIP)

Sergeant
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Reaper Gunner 1 (Needs Shoulder pad im waiting on)

Meat 1

Meat 2

Reaper Gunner 2
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

And Finally, more painted Stuff, My First tactical Squad...

(I apologise for belly, its not mine (Too small)...)

There will be further commentary soon...
    Last edited by Noserenda; 18-12-2008 at 23:24. Reason: add
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Great job on the Alpha Legionaires! What did you use for the Terminator shoulderpads?
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Nice poses, I always liked the alpha legion. I like the guy with twin BP too (I have a few CSMs like that).

btw, how is your username pronounced? Is it no-surrender or nose-render? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Satan Dingo 420 View Post
    I was waiting to see the paint before I commented. Those are some nice looking Alphas. Looking forward to the termies; nice conversions so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by de Selby View Post
    Nice poses, I always liked the alpha legion. I like the guy with twin BP too (I have a few CSMs like that).
    Quote Originally Posted by malika View Post
    Great job on the Alpha Legionaires! What did you use for the Terminator shoulderpads?

Cheers guys The terminators shoulders are dreadnought shins, specifically the ton of DA ones i ended up with after building my Ravenwing.

btw, how is your username pronounced? Is it no-surrender or nose-render? Or both?
    It was originally nose-render, no surrender was a happy cooincidence ill endorse

Also, bigger version of my Avatar my buddy worked up with the Fulgrim cover, now with extra latiny goodness!
    Last edited by Noserenda; 14-11-2007 at 01:42. Reason: Added piccy
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

mmmmmmmm MkIV, looking good dude, as soon as my loan comes in i think i know what i'm ordering...

one small question as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Noserenda View Post
    Another Meltagun for extra Armour cooking, and a guy tossing a grenade to phys rep their Frags (And look cool)
    where did you get that plastic MkIV head from?!

oh its Craig btw
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobodoll
    Blargh-Rawr lept towards the small creature, its twin-linked organofistors ready to deliver a most savage organofisting...
    Dark Dubstep and Beats created by me...
    Myspace profile
    LastFm page

Imperial Orphans and occasional Spess Mahreens Plog

Quote Originally Posted by ten_ninjas View Post
    mmmmmmmm MkIV, looking good dude, as soon as my loan comes in i think i know what i'm ordering...

one small question as usual

where did you get that plastic MkIV head from?!

oh its Craig btw
    Thats the one that comes with the black templars upgrade sprue.

Noserenda,nice works my friend,looking forward to more.

PS,wanna get rid of the red scorpions shoulder pads that came with those upgrade packs?

The Alphas are coming together very nicely, Noserenda – that's a really nice rich blue you've got there, and the modelling of the force makes them hang together nicely.

Any particular plans for the force in terms of expansion and eventual size?

...and since this is an Alpha Legion log, I thought I'd kick off your obligatory Spartacus moment:

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous Alpha Legionnaire
    'I'm Alpharius!'
    +++Edit+++
    Hey, just spotted you're in Southampton – which reminds me; did that gaming area idea ever get off the ground? It'd be fun for my gaming group (the PCRC) to meet some new cats.

...and on a similar note, the Tempus Fugitives are holding a big ol' Pre-Heresy campaign weekend next year. Would you be interested in coming along with the Alpha Legion? It's in May 2009, so it'd be a good incentive to get the force done. Since you're in Southampton, I'm sure the PCRC would be more than happy to have you along when we meet up for painting/gaming.
    Last edited by Apologist; 09-09-2008 at 11:52.
    Death of a Rubricist
    My blog
    The M37 Scallop Star Purges
    A PCRC Campaign Project Log

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic
    Noospheric transmissions from the PCRC

Quote Originally Posted by ten_ninjas View Post
    oh its Craig btw
    Cool beanage And hiya mate, ty for bumping me

Quote Originally Posted by Valo View Post
    Noserenda,nice works my friend,looking forward to more.

PS,wanna get rid of the red scorpions shoulder pads that came with those upgrade packs?
    Cool, ty mate, yeah ive got them spare, but they are currently lost in my bits horde, but i should be ordering more Mk4 packs soon for new codex compliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    The Alphas are coming together very nicely, Noserenda – that's a really nice rich blue you've got there, and the modelling of the force makes them hang together nicely.

Any particular plans for the force in terms of expansion and eventual size?
    Cool thanks for the color thing, its always a thing with the Alphas, Purple or Blue The Force is currently hanging around 2k Points in the old codex with quite a lot of Additions and more planned!

Since this last update ive built and Undercoated a Rhino Based Assault Squad and a Mounted Veteran (Now Vanguard i guess) squad, a pair of Predators and ive finally finished those thrice cursed Scouts! (Who now have wood elf heads ftw). With the Command Squad now painted (Although im sure i botched the blue after the long gap ) and the Devvy squad half done...

Needless to say my camera monkey needs a whipping More updates soon!

+++Edit+++
    Hey, just spotted you're in Southampton – which reminds me; did that gaming area idea ever get off the ground? It'd be fun for my gaming group (the PCRC) to meet some new cats.

...and on a similar note, the Tempus Fugitives are holding a big ol' Pre-Heresy campaign weekend next year. Would you be interested in coming along with the Alpha Legion? It's in May 2009, so it'd be a good incentive to get the force done. Since you're in Southampton, I'm sure the PCRC would be more than happy to have you along when we meet up for painting/gaming.
    Cool beans, the gaming room is in a nearly finished State needing Electrician-ing to open legally but im up for games when possible! The Tempus Fugitives campaign is exactly whats inspired me to dig the guys out again after Pete Mason mentioned it, so im planning whacking the force up to 3k in some capacity!
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Aha! With the stars in alignment ive managed to snag a camera and an internet ready PC! Which means another piccy session rather than dull theory!

Firstly a workspace shop, although this is actually the fourth house ive been working on these guys in (!) and by far the worst work area (I miss the massive metal desk just under a window i had a while back)

And some crap shots of the (Now) vangaurd Squad and Second assault Squad, both also have Rhinos but they were down my shop looking threatening near the blood bowl pitches.

Vangaurds

Ive gone for a brutal assault/breach look, lots of Chainaxes and Mk2/3 for extra close in protection. Although you really cant see much due to my crap camera skills and black undercoat! Luckily it seems the new codex will afect this squad the least, although they may pick up some new members from less legal outfits.

Assault 2

Another earlier armour squad, this time in mroe uniform armour as they are less old school. This squad is probably going to be wibbled a bit due to new codex attack. Cursed 10 man fetish!

And on a Vehiclular Note...

My predator turrets, the rest of them is with the Rhinos, but for some reason I have the turrets to hand... The are fitted with Autocannon Turrets and Las Sponsons for Anti Tank/Heavy Infantry Duty and both have HK's to assist with that. No anhiliators pre Heresy!
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Continuing, as glimpsed in the above Wokspace shot I now have 2 Troops and an HQ painted...

Couldnt decide which shot was blurier!

First up the scouts, which caused me no end of "Painters Block" and made me shelve the whole project for a while with their annoying-ness. Needless to say no more scouts! In the army these represent a unit of Operatives supporting the Legion rather than new recruits. Because I hate the standard Scouts heads (A Key factor in the slow painting) I ripped them off and replaced them with Wood Elf hoods and an old Middenheimer beard.

Heres a Shot of the cloaks, i danced around dozens of schemes before going for the Drab drape look, the army will eventually be desert based in this scheme so they blend better.
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Scout Closeups (Damn i suck at cameras, ill use camera monkey again next time)

On the Left we have the Sergeant, whose meant to be ditching the rifle to get some righteous chainsword-ing on. And one of the snipers, whose looking up to see what the commotion is.

The first two are both shooting, one standing one crouching, all very simple. The last is staring in satisfaction on some kill, and looking like the Sergeant to all and sundry!

Next up is the command Squad which has two issues.1.Id left is so long i got the colours wrong (They are slightly too Ultra Blue to me) and 2. One of them is for the chop as the new book inexplicably limits their size to 5 men...

I left out the Champion and Banner as they stike me as "Un Alpha Legion" although If I build a display base of some kind ill whack a banner on that, I just dont think they would bring it into the field with them.

This is the Sergeant and Apothecary, both sporting Power fists after a regular opponent of mine frequently jumps dreadnoughts on this squad (Because his captain is a massive girl). I went partial white on the Medic to make him obvious as the model itself is just an old metal backpack and some newer parts added near the belt, again, im not sure the Alphas like everyone knowing who is who.
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

The "Meat marines"! One of these will be farmed off to a Tactical squad, im thinking Grenade boy, as he actually has a bolter. On that note, none of this squad has their Right pads painted yet, until i replan the army and know which squad they end up in.

And heres the melta guns, always serve me well as this quad smashes anything tough in the opposing force. Although their inflitrating days are over im considering coverting a proto-Razorback with twin Reapers, which sounds awesome in my head...

Another shot of the Apocthecaries back, with some battle damage and another handpainted Shoulderpad, although im not sure hows its come out all together.

Now some a WIP shot of my devestators, who are now finished (Mostly) except again the Right shoulders pending reassignment. More shots on my photobucket but given their crap quality ill save my post count!

In this you can see I work up from Storm blue to get the purple recesses/hints which puts me firmly on the indigo line.

So yeah, thats the Progress so far I now have in total:

Commander*
    6 man Command Squad*
    Commander Fortronus/BOLS Special Character
    5 Man Terminator Squad (Need more, or to swap out one of their 2 Reapers)
    6 Man Tactical Squad w/2 Plasmas* (Gonna be the basis of 2 squads)
    5 Man Scout/Operative Squad w/Snipers*
    7 Man Assault Squad w/Jump packs +2 Flamers (need more old skool jump packs!)
    8 Man Assault Squad In rhino
    8 Man Vangaurd Squad in Rhino
    7 Man Devestator Squad w/Missile Launchers
    2 Predator Destructors w/Lascannons

Which has Previously been about 2000 Points with some fiddling and gear.

Now, with a new codex im needing to reorganise the army and I need it up to 3k Apocalypse size for a campaign event in May i hope to attend, with that in mind im considering adding the following...

Another Tactical Squad
    Modified Reaper Razorback
    Stenguard, Now Shooty veterans are plausible, i like the feel of them...
    Drop Pods, Attack from ALL angles!
    Aircover, I like lightnings but they arent PH, i also like Thunderbolds and Hellblades, depends if Hellblades are PH or not, so i need to see IA Update apparently. Either way itll be a pair of planes if my wallet allows!
    Fellblade, Big tanks are always a good idea... And Probably saves me money!

Ofc Tempus Fugitives are liable to have one or more Special units for the Alphas, possibly even stealth squads or Somesuch...

Gah, Decisions have to wait anyhow as im broke, but suggestions on the above are certainly appreciated!
    Last edited by Noserenda; 06-10-2008 at 19:08. Reason: Missed Terminators!
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Librarian

I like this army, it's cool

Also, do your flamers do well burninating the countryside?
    Anyone can do whatever they want with their armies, it's how the user is which reflects on how good or bad the game is.

Plenty of updates due to dogsitting giving me inordinate amounts of time

Unfortunately it turns out for some reason I cant upload off the house line though But a text update will do for now for context anyway, especially as id typed most of it before trying to upload.

Devestators finished, Assault squad 5/10 and Fortronus looking a little bluer

I also got a hold of a copy of the New starter (Owning a retailer makes in insanely cheap) fobbing the Orks off on my partner ive got a new influx of Marine-age.

Ive Mk 4-ised a bunch of Marines and the Dreadnought and the Captain has been mildly converted into First Captain Pech (You can never have enough captains). The Terminators are awaiting heads to take my force to 2 legal squads (Damn heavy weapon restrictions, 2 Reapers look badass). And one has been reborn as Stealth Sergeant Decimus from the Fugitves pack.

At this point id like to shamelessly admit to stealing ideas off various members of Warseer, but i cant remember all the relevant names! When i can upload the pictures itll be clearer but id like to thank all the people ive robbed ideas off for the inspiration!

New codex shenanigans have resulted in the below list o stuff:

Alpha Legion Mk3 (Revenge of the Cabal)
    (Not including any campaign specific characters/stuff)

Captain Mathias Trakker (The names a reference...) 140pts
    w/Relic Blade, Digital Weapons

Command Squad Alpha 160pts
    w/2x Meltagun, Power Fist

Tactical Squad Bravo (x10) 220pts
    w/Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol

Tactical Squad Charlie (x10) 195pts
    w/Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Weapon

Operative (Scout) Squad Zulu (x5) 90pts
    w/Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Terminator Squad Delta (x10) 470pts
    w/2x Reapers/Assault Cannons 2x Chainfist

Dreadnought Bayushi 105pts

Assault Squad Echo (x10) 235pts
    w/2x Flamers, Power Fist

Assault Squad Foxtrot (x10) 245pts
    w/2x Plasma Pistols, Power Fist
    No Jump Packs, Mounted in Rhino Foxtrot 35pts

Vanguard Squad India (x6) 200pts
    w/Sgt Thunder Hammer, Power Weapon, Power Fist
    Mounted In Rhino India 35pts

Devastator Squad Kilo (x7) 182pts
    w/4x Missile Launcher

Predator Lima 130pts
    w/Lascannons, Hunter Killer

Predator November 130pts
    w/Lascannons, Hunter Killer

Total 2577 Points

Planned additions currently are a pair of Razorbacks (One with Twin Reapers for sure) and a 6 man Sterngaurd squad, plus 5 Tacticals to go with Decimus. These will all be "stealthed" up in some way for Tempus Fugitives recon games. Ideas Welcomed! (As im at kinda a dead end-ish).

Im also planning on an Alpharius/Omegon Model based on Apologists Truescale marines, should make him a tad bigger without being monstrous.

PLUS! If anyone has a couple of Spare Original Ancient Metal Jump packs i need 3, damn lack of bitz service *grumble*
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Quote Originally Posted by Madfool2 View Post
    I like this army, it's cool

Also, do your flamers do well burninating the countryside?
    Thanks for the compliment And yes, flamers Burninate well! (racked up half a dozen rough riders, twice that in guardsmen and a Russ in the last Apocalypse game we played)
    Last edited by Noserenda; 18-12-2008 at 23:30.
    Pre Heresy Alpha Legion
    Nietzsche is dead.
    -God

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast