Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Horus Heresy models in near future?

Lightbulb Horus Heresy models in near future?

Are out there any rumours about GW releasing Horus Heresy models in the near future? I heard that Dan Abnet made somewhere a positive comment about that. Is it true?
    "Solar Mariatus will not fall to the slaves of Darkness!We,the sons of Russ,will turn the tide or die trying..."

Attributed to Wolf Lord,Haakon Ironheart

PS.Solar Mariatus didn't fall to the hordes of Chaos

Re: Horus Heresy models in near future?

I don’t think so, I mean it excludes way too many races too be worthwhile as an adition too 40k( or rather 30k ), and most of the characters in the heresy cant be given mdels or rules that will do them justice, other then that yeah I can see GW realising more marines in different era armour
    Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****

Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Like Heresy Era Marines? Like Blood Angels? Check out my Heresy era Blood Angels log.

Think though about the money such models would bring as almost everybody has SM army...Combine this with the increased interest due to the very successful BL HH novels and I think that such models would sell like hell...
    "Solar Mariatus will not fall to the slaves of Darkness!We,the sons of Russ,will turn the tide or die trying..."

I dunno. If Forge World released generic Heresy-era Marines and then came out with Loyalist/Traitor and Legion kits, they'd sell like you wouldn't believe. Releasing a plastic version of said kit (Ten plastic Heresy-era Marines) would fly off the shelves. We all know this to be true.

Thing is, take the fan sourcebook that has rules and even Apocalypse datasheets for fighting with the Legions and suggestions for how to use other races and factions, and even how to represent Heresy-era races. Print that in hardback, stick a 25 tag on it and GW would make a boatload.

So whilst we've heard nothing to confirm this, I would say that it's more a case of when, than a case of if.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    I will keep this in mind in case I ever want to be a Necron bride.
    The Collect Call of the Cthulhu
    Damien 1427's Broad Collection of Tat - My attempt at actually painting things.

If GW released models and rules for the Primarchs, I'd just throw my wallet at them.

Just for fun of course. More of a collectible thing than for actual gaming. I think most 40k players would like to truly see what the Primarchs would be capable of on the tabletop. I think it would also be great for Apocalypse games that you and your friends can set in the Horus Heresy or during the Great Crusade.

Or even a sprue much like the Dark Angels Sprue:

Several different Mks of Power Armor, along with other random assorted bits. That way, you can do a Heresy-era Marine army, or just throw the older marks in with your current army.
    Waaagh!

Every time I order from FW I ask them to make Heresy Era armour conversion kits. If everyone who wanted them ask we might get somewhere...

I think Damien 1427 is pretty spot on. GW would make a killing if they did release older armour variants. They could even do a upgrade box like the one containing the BT sprues. I'd buy 10!

Primarchs and the emperor would work fine in Apocalypse battles, so I don't see why not.

However, people would undoubtedly complain that their favourite primarch wasn't hardcore enough, or that the emperor should be able to crush titans with a single blink etc.

Of course, they were still made of meat, and wouldn't be indestructible, but there are some fanbois who take heroworship to the extreme...

Hellebore
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Quote Originally Posted by Megad00mer View Post
    If GW released models and rules for the Primarchs, I'd just throw my wallet at them.
    I'd throw a brick at them. Things like that don't belong in anything outside of Epic, if they belong in the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SOTIRIOS View Post
    Are out there any rumours about GW releasing Horus Heresy models in the near future? I heard that Dan Abnet made somewhere a positive comment about that. Is it true?

My first thought when reading the title was not for 28,000 years.

Re: Horus Heresy era models, well my view is that whilst is is logical to existing gamers, to GW (note GW, not Forge World) it is a difficult choice. Resources are finite. To do HH properly, they would wish to have a sufficient model range and variety of armies presumably to hit the ground running with an active game range. I do not think it would be an add-on, but rather a game unto itself for GW to release plastics. That would require tremendous commitment of resources - look at the 4 or so new sprues per release limit that Jes Goodwin is having to adhere to, in addition to conceptual work and so forth. That would take resources away from WH40K, WHFB and LotR. Because of that I don't really see it happening from the core GW part of the business.

I think it would be more likely that GW try and revisit Epic, and make that viable for gamers and as a core game (ie needing lots of plastics), presumably when the LotR licence has expired.

As a consequence, if we do see Horus Heresy miniatures, I would imagine them to be produced by Forge World, and so not as plastics, unfortunately.

Considering the sprues we see the last year GW is probably thinking about it...I think that some older armour variants (crusade and heresy armor for example)would have kept me satisfied even if did not see HH in all its glory in the tabletop. You can see so many gamers attempting to convert the existing miniature range in order to fit in HH years. I think the release of at least some HH plastic bitz would have helped the gamers tremendously and would have been greatly appreciated (bringing more money on the way....)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien 1427 View Post
    I'd throw a brick at them. Things like that don't belong in anything outside of Epic, if they belong in the game at all.
    And the Reaver titan that half the board has had a wet dream about?

Quote Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
    Dogs are good, they make a nice alternative when you can't shoot people.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien 1427 View Post
    Aww c'mon. You're telling me you wouldn't want to own a model of your favorite Primarch?

In my ideal world, the rules for them should be published in WD or an online .pdf with a huge disclaimer stating:

These rules are by no means official and are more for fun than anything else. The Primarchs are the god-like gene sons of the Emperor himself and these rules reflect this. (ie: These guys are NOT balanced) Primarchs can only be used in games where both players have agreed to thier use, and they really shouldn't be in anything less than a 5000pt Apocalypse battle. Happy Gaming!

Loken and Torgadon,Tarvitz and Garro...in the table top...Imagine it. If you don't like it, then I doubt you like W40K or you are probably playing only Eldar ....

They made collector scale Felix and Gotrek figures that they never intended people to play with and never published rules for why not do something similar for the primarchs? As popular as the Felix and Gotrek novels are the inherent popularity of Space marines coupled with the success of the HH novels I could see a collectors scale primarch range being much more popular than the Gotrek figures. I'd buy one of each just to own the whole set.

I'd love a demon Fulgrim at collectors scale it would be a thing of beauty to behold.

The downside is you would get a lot of complaints along the lines of:
    "These models are sooooo cool but I can't play with them." *cry*

Doubt it'll happen but who knows? Stranger things have.
    yloH sI htxiS ehT

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificerArmour View Post
    I wish I could go back in time and stop this thread ever being made.

Awesome just owning conrad curze would make my yuear.

Leman Russ is my fav, but I'd want all of em.

Sing along with me....

Pri - ma - archs!! Gotta catch em all!! Pri-ma-archs!!

"Mortarion, I choose you!"

*cough cough wheeze*

It would be a great money spinner for GW as not only fans of the game but fans of the books would buy them, cant see any reason GW wouldnt want to do them. Plus income aside it would just be damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The pestilent 1 View Post
    And the Reaver titan that half the board has had a wet dream about?
    I do think that's pushing it, but a Titan is simply a massive mechanical object. You can blow it up and people won't have a spazz over the idea that a Shadowsword blast to the face will destroy a Titan.

'sides, I never liked the idea of even depicting the Primarches. So no, I wouldn't want figures of Pertubaro or Lion 'El Johnson.

There have been a few vague rumours of Heresy primarch miniatures like the Gotrek and Felix minis being in preparation.

Given GW's financial state, the Apocalypse system and the sales of the Black Library Heresy books then someone in GW Accounts needs to realise how much money GW could make from Warhammer 30k. Convert your current Marine army to it's Heresy era equivalent? They couldn't make the minis fast enough.

I'm somewhat against giving game stats for the Primarchs though. It'd destroy the mystery and the mythological status of them.
    "The Lost- they return?"
    "Aye, my Lord. For good or ill, the were-kin shall once more stalk the domains of Man."
    Please read the posting guidelines. Really.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009

If you can please donate to Jon's Gift of Hope Fund in aid of the British Heart Foundation

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast