Thread: Worst possible chaos choices?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brother Sergeant

Worst possible chaos choices?

Well, popular (internet) opinion seems to be that the new chaos codex came with the usual spread of have and have not selections point wise. Some selections feel like a no brainer, while others seem like they would be unlikely to "make their points back" 95% of the time. With that in mind I decided to try and put together a list with all of the "have nots". Do you think this list has enough suck synergy to be playable? Is there actually a worse Chaos list out there?

I excluded from my "worst" list things which wouldn't even be playable. For instance, you could take a lot of points of lesser demons with no Icons in the army, so that all of those points are wasted and never make it onto the board. That goes too far for me as a "worst" list, I want something that will sometimes at least get all 2000 pts on the table. Also, I want to at least have the chance to kill everything in the game... no minimum lord and two small troop squads and then 42 spawn. Everything in this list at least has the chance of making it onto the table, and there is a chance of killing everything in the game.

So here you go:

Worst New Chaos List
    HQ
    Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Demonic Weapon, Juggernaut, Personal Icon, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol - 195
    Chaos Lord - 90

Elite
    5 Possessed, Icon of Chaos Glory - 135

Troops
    5 Noise Marines, Personal Icon, Blastmaster - 145
    5 Noise Marines, Personal Icon, Blastmaster - 145
    5 Lesser Demons - 65
    5 Lesser Demons - 65
    5 Lesser Demons - 65
    5 Lesser Demons - 65
    5 Lesser Demons - 65
    5 Lesser Demons - 65

Fast Attack
    3 Chaos Spawn - 120
    3 Chaos Spawn - 120
    3 Chaos Spawn - 120

Heavy Support
    Predator, Extra Armor, Dirge Caster - 90

2000 pts.

While the spawn and lesser demons don't technically count, I've filled an entire FOC. And I have 17 scoring units! Bring it on mech eldar. I can also technically destroy vehicles with the Blastmasters and the Juggy Lord.

So what do you think? Could I have made a worse 2000 pt. chaos list that still has a chance to kill every unit in the game? Whether I can make a worse list or not, do you think this army would ever have a chance? What could it beat?

Also, is there some other totally garbage selection out of the new codex I'm ignoring. Seriously, what is the worst that new book has given us?

- Wyndstar
    Last edited by Wyndstar; 23-10-2007 at 00:08.