Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Litany of Hate, Word Bearers 40k log.

Commander

Litany of Hate, Word Bearers 40k log. - Sorcerer done

Hi there, A quick introduction to this log then. In honour of the new chaos codex and the way it has neatly rendered my Emperor's Children obsolete I thought I would start a new project I have been thinking about for a little while now; A Word Bearer's Army.

I eventually picked up a copy of the new 'dex and a plan began to form. As such I have today gone out and made the first purchases for my new warband.

1 Huron Blackheart
    1 Chaos Terminator Lord
    1 Box of Chaos Space Marines (full ten man squad)

And a bunch of red paint.

These will be coupled with my extensive bits box of chaos space marines (two other CSM armies in the bag will do that)

I plan to use a few new (to me) techniques when painting these models, Although I have yet to work out the colour scheme completely. I intend to use some NMM techniques and fully intend for everything to be properly highlighted. I don't get to play often so I intend to make these look as good as I possibly can, with no compromise. I also intend to use tihs log to develop my miniature photography skills.

Some WIP shots and so on should be forthcoming shortly, but as I write I have yet to pick up a tool. However here goes with a shot of the "work area":

Last edited by MaliGn; 21-02-2017 at 16:22.

Re: Litany of Hate, Word Bearers 40k log.

your workarea looks just like mine infact is that what I think it is under the keyboard?
    Like to Roll your own cowboy
    I do
    Last edited by Esinhorn; 25-10-2007 at 22:54.

Commander

Well, an update already, for those of you wondering, no I'm not fielding Huron Blackheart in my Word Bearers force, he does in fact form the base model for my Dark Apostle, The Praetor Diabolis. Here are some early WIP's shots blu-tacced together while I was waiting for some GreenStuff to go "off". I'm as yet unsure as to whether to arm him with a Bolt Pistol or a Plasma pistol, and as to whether or not I should Trim down the haft of the Accursed Crozius. Any feedback on these things would be appreciated. Also my apologies for the quality of the photos, I am yet to create a photography area.

Front:

Side:

Back:

I always imagined the Crozius as being a shorter weapon based on loyalist chaplains. It looks fine though, just a slight awkward.
    -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Sitting Duck.
    -You must strike quickly and without thinking, like a shark with ADD.

Commander

Those were my thoughts exactly, I've significantly shortened it, but kept the bottom end of the haft in place, It certainly feels like a big-ass Crozius to me anyhow.

Commander

Here's an update for you. I got all productive after my green stuff "went off" so I covered all of Huron's bionics up and sorted out the mess where his head goes. I also decided on shortening the haft of his Crozius and on giving hima Plasma Pistol, the chunkiness of the pistol added some zing, I also sculpted a Word Berer's symbol onto his Right Shoulder Pad. The last thing I did was dangle to book from the Chaos Terminator Lord from his belt. I'm tryinhg to think of a way to give him a good few Impurity Seals and maybe some extra robe-type things any thoughts or link to tutorials would be appreciated. I'm also still toying with the idea of giving him yet more "Bling" and dangling some extra chains and so on from hid belt, any thoughts? I know the model is already quite bling heavy but I'm thinking "Pimp My Power Armour" here. The Tithes extracted from the cults is a three hundred percent Levy after all.

On Another note for the army I'm thinking of making some cyber daemons to use as generic Daemons and am thinking a Necron/Beastman Hybrid for this; any thoughts on viability or potential goodness of this idea? I'm also contemplating using straight Beastmen.

Anyway some pictures for you to ogle.

Front:

Model's Left:

Model's Right:

Back:

Thanks for Looking

Current Tune: DeathBoy - Children Of The Damned

Crozius looks great! Looks a lot easier for him to roam the battlefield and give folks a good hit in the head.
    Necrons will be hard to work with. Their body is too thin to fit well with beastmen, be prepared for GS and filing.

I can't really comment on the 'bling.' I would need a Blackheart model of my own or for you to paint it to get a good feel for the amount. If you do add some, draw the line somewhere, becasue he may end up looking like a red Black Templar if you don't.
    -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Sitting Duck.
    -You must strike quickly and without thinking, like a shark with ADD.

Commander

Here's some Chaos Space Marines I knocked up for use as test models and to start turning this from one model into an army. I remember that my last Colour Sheme test model was my Emperor's Children Lord onna Bike, Fortunately my scheme worked perfectly and set the theme for the whole army. Since I'll be using more advanced painting techniques on these I want to get the technique down before I go all out on the MaliGn Monk.

Here's the shots:

Group:

Three close up:

And the other two:

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Xomborg View Post
    Crozius looks great! Looks a lot easier for him to roam the battlefield and give folks a good hit in the head.
    Necrons will be hard to work with. Their body is too thin to fit well with beastmen, be prepared for GS and filing.

I can't really comment on the 'bling.' I would need a Blackheart model of my own or for you to paint it to get a good feel for the amount. If you do add some, draw the line somewhere, becasue he may end up looking like a red Black Templar if you don't.
    RE: Red Black Templars, I do actually plan on using some Black Templar pieces throughout this army, particularly on Aspiring Champions and Icon Bearers, I also plan to throw in some Dark Angel parts. Hopefully some of those Pesky Witchfinder pieces will be corrupted to the True Gods.

If you do decide to go with "cyberdaemons", I'd recommend using the classic necrons as a base. The new ones are too thin (and I'd be afraid of them looking more like fleshy-beastrons than daemons).
    If it were me (and I realize it isn't), I'd base my daemon theme on a Word Bearer archetype; give them all horribly exaggerated mouths, have some be "possessed" books and scrolls, or figure out what hatred given physical form would look like. Something like that
    I'm very excited to see what you come up with - good luck!

Huron for an Apostle is a great idea.
    Interested how your army will look like in the end.

Commander

Here we go folks, I've made a start on my test figure, since I plan to do the bases seperately to the models I have decided to pin the model to the base, and then for ease of painting pin the models other foot and hold it in my pin vice, this pin will be cut off when I am ready to attatch the model to the base.

This model is at the earliest stage of painting, I have undercoated with Chaos Black and followed this with an all-over drybrush of Codex Grey. The main armour plates, (shoulders, gloves, greaves thighs and breast plate) were all then basecoated with Mechrite Red, The Scab Red.

Since Taking These photos I have added a coat of Red Gore to the armour and finished it off with some light Blood Red highlights.

Then I started on the armour trim, for this area I am attempting to use some NMM techniques to give a silver effect without using metallic paints. For this I am using Codex Grey, Fortress Grey, Space Wolves Grey, Black Ink, Chaos Black and Skull White. Shortly after begininning this attempt I realised that for any future models, the trim would have to be painted first. I will tidy this up later and post photos once I have finished the armour trim and tidy up. For now, here's the firs stage of the red.

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

For the robes have you considered rubbing greenstuff through the chain mail loin cloth to turn it into a loin cloth thingy?
    Like the Apostle conversion alot as well, though i think the crozius back part is to long.
    keep up the good work, cant wait to see more
    99% of armies are Alpha Legion.
    They are just so well disguised you dont realise it.
    There is a 99% chance your army is Alpha Legion.
    You just dont realise it either

likin the work, should be most impressive when you finish the apostle,

hawke

Commander

Here we go, another bunch of shots of my test figure, he's nearly done now, I finished doing the armour trim, I rhink, tidied up the reds, painted the Legion symbol on his shoulder added some heretical litanies and an impurity seal and painted up his clothy bit. The one bit that really bugs me about the impurity seal is the wax blob, I don't think it looks right in red, any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:
    Last edited by MaliGn; 02-11-2007 at 18:21. Reason: Whoops! forgot the image!

Commander

Another update, I have finished (bar basing) the test miniature so here are some shots of the finished article.

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

I would've set the bolter a little further back, but other than that, it looks great. The red is nice and rich without being horribly bright.

Can you get a long-range shot of him? Up close, the white doesn't convince me, but I have a hunch it'll look five times better when at table height. Even me walking a few feet from the computer helped.

Commander

Here's an update; the first test model has been finished and based, I know that there are one or two bits that I should probably touch up but hey.

Front:

Model's Left (this shot is less zoomed in for distant viewing):

Back:

Model's Right:

A whole army of those guys is gonna look great.

Commander

Another Update, so soon?

I've also been working on my second model, I got quite far already so here you go test model 2:

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast